There are 341 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

his 4 year college experience clearly showed. Super efficient with the ball 185 yards on 21 throws made some key throws with pressure
super impressive

Perfect throw on that one.

He just nailed it
Good throw given the circumstances but I would expect that ball being thrown more towards the EZ. CMC does not look like he is expecting the ball being thrown yards behind him. and the DB does not look like he knows what he is doing, imho the pass was indeed defendable.
Originally posted by communist:
Good throw given the circumstances but I would expect that ball being thrown more towards the EZ. CMC does not look like he is expecting the ball being thrown yards behind him. and the DB does not look like he knows what he is doing, imho the pass was indeed defendable.

i mean yes technically he couldve thrown it at the endzone instead since CMC had his guy beat but that was a near perfect back shoulder throw while getting pressured
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by communist:

i mean yes technically he couldve thrown it at the endzone instead since CMC had his guy beat but that was a near perfect back shoulder throw while getting pressured

He had no extra time for an "I would expected this" outcome. 😆😆😆. So far a B+ processor. We'll see how he does when D's start backing up. They will. We have too much downfield talent and this guy has steel nuts. Jimmy would have fallen down for a sack or would have tried moving and would have been a strip sack.
Originally posted by socal1632:
He had no extra time for an "I would expected this" outcome. 😆😆😆. So far a B+ processor. We'll see how he does when D's start backing up. They will. We have too much downfield talent and this guy has steel nuts. Jimmy would have fallen down for a sack or would have tried moving and would have been a strip sack.

dude why are you criticizing Jimmy he has played extremally well and has hit those throws this season.

Are fans incapable of praising one QB without s**tting on another it shows extremally low emotional capacity
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
He's taking some shots. Hope that doesn't get in his head and affects his game.

taking a shot to start the game out settled him right into the game
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Understatement. Purdy as a rookie looks way better than year 2 Trey.
Terrible take.

We never saw Trey play much in a game this season that wasn't a monsoon.

Lol. Basically. We saw him for the 1st quarter the next game and for that short clip we moved the ball at will.

Some poor fans here really do feel that decisions about how to run our team is influenced by how many times they campaign over and over for one guy over another.

This coming from the #2 ranked poster in the Jimmy G thread.

what do you mean? that ranking belongs to me.

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
He's taking some shots. Hope that doesn't get in his head and affects his game.

taking a shot to start the game out settled him right into the game
i remember Alex saying a similar thing. He liked to get hit early
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Perfect throw on that one.

I mean love it was a TD but that was not a perfect throw.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for bigmur49.
Very impressed with Purdy and so glad the players seem to be rallying around him.

Took a massive shot to start the game, that must have got him big respect too.

Definitely had some big luck in the game, INT called back then straight to a TD on an underthrow lol, but overall for a rookie in his first start with TB12 watching I'm super pumped to see how the rest of the season goes.
The only concern i have is that he didnt look super good when the Bucs dropped 7 in coverage but on the flipside he absoutly destroyed them when they blitzed. Tghe ability to read the blitz and hit the open guy as huge. It is one of the reasons why Jimmy has had so much success on 3rd downs and 3rd and long conversions and the fact he is able to come in and do that as a rookie is beyond impressive
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
He seems like the perfect fit for this offense. He's quick with his decisions, throws a catchable ball and just has this natural confidence about him. Excellent at extending the play, too.

It's too early to tell, but he really could be our solution at quarterback. Mind you, he lacks arm strength and is still in his honeymoon phase. But so far you have to be impressed.

x2. It's the early polish in his game that has me excited. Looking off zone defenders, beating the blitz by throwing quick, courage to take a hit to make a throw, pocket patience, quick and proper reading of coverages. It's all being flashed in these past two games.
The only thing to want to see is a stronger arm but it's strong enough that with all the other positive traits, his overall game works.

so essentially, he's where we want Lance to be right now. and he's only a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone