There are 340 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Can't believe he got absolutely leveled on the very first play and got up with a poker face like nothing happened. Lol

The fire in this kid is on another level.

i mean for a lot of players who experience any sort of butterflies that's the best medicine to break you into the game right there
Brady vs Purdy made the Wall Street Jounal (behind paywall)
The No-Name Quarterback Who Just Outplayed Tom Beady
[ Edited by father49er on Dec 12, 2022 at 6:29 AM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Perfect throw on that one.

The percentage of connecting on this throw is so low. You've got a defender closing the window fast against the sideline, and CMC has to keep his feet in bound. Crazy good.
  • thl408
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The percentage of connecting on this throw is so low. You've got a defender closing the window fast against the sideline, and CMC has to keep his feet in bound. Crazy good.

It seemed like they dared the 49ers to make this throw, far up the sideline. The CB bailed and had no respect for the fade, opting to cheat towards the Post. Even had the CB played this better, the ball location was well placed towards CMC's outside shoulder.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

It seemed like they dared the 49ers to make this throw, far up the sideline. The CB bailed and had no respect for the fade, opting to cheat towards the Post. Even had the CB played this better, the ball location was well placed towards CMC's outside shoulder.

They game planned for Jimmy, probably thinking Kyle would only call Jimmy plays.
Two games is still a small sample but I've seen enough from Purdy to know he's not just a practice squad guy. He makes up for any shortcomings with a strong desire and the willingness to take a shot at the big play. That's going to backfire sometimes but it can pay off big time like it did on that throw to CMC in the end zone. I not saying Jimmy can't make that throw but I question whether he would take the chance. He also moves around in the pocket pretty well and showed he can take off and run when he sees an opening.

Lance is still the future but Purdy gives him some real competition. All those starts in college show up in the general knowledge of how to play QB. He's more like Lance than Jimmy in the style he plays so it gives Trey something to learn from.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
brock is basically what i want trey lance to be.
Lance is better than Brock and we don't know because we only saw Lance play in a monsoon.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Lance is better than Brock and we don't know because we only saw Lance play in a monsoon.

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
so essentially, he's where we want Lance to be right now. and he's only a rookie.

Lance is in for a dogfight next year. Good luck. This kid's ability to extend plays is phenomenal.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Dec 12, 2022 at 7:22 AM ]

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

No need to compare them now. Next camp will take care of this.

Yes, that is totally the only time we have seen Lance play
Originally posted by Heed49er:

Trying to figure out if that's mom or girlfriend lol
I already ordered a custom #13 jersey (Relevant) and another (Cock). I also ordered a #10 (Irrelevant).
Special thanks to the guys who found him and banged the table relentlessly for him.

Bobby Slowik and Brian Griese

Thanks to Kyle/John for pulling the trigger on Mr. Irrelevant.
Share 49ersWebzone