49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 435 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baldy's breakdown has given me some hype to sway me away from the dark side. edit: loved it then, and I love it even more now--that pump fake to get the defender in the air...wowzers

[ Edited by TyCore on Dec 12, 2022 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by father49er:
Brady vs Purdy made the Wall Street Jounal (behind paywall)
The No-Name Quarterback Who Just Outplayed Tom Beady

This is such a great story. First career start playing against GOAT Tom Brady. He is not only just a 7th round pick, but the last pick of the entire draft, thus Mr Irrevelant. In a way better story than being undrafted. These are almost like tweaks a Director of the the film would make to make the story more dramatic than the actual true story.
With all of our bad Luck with the QB position after Montana, Young and Garcia, it would be nice to finally find a worthy Franchise QB. I just hope its either Purdy or Trey, but soo far Purdy is showing something special. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by TyCore:
My biggest fear is that players of brock's pedigree don't maintain a high level of play indefinitely. There really isn't any data on how far the last pick in the draft is supposed to go, he's already outplayed his draft position AND expectations...

I'm watching pensively wondering when it will all unravel.

I don't want it to happen, he's brought stuff to the table that makes the offense so much more dynamic.

I guess I just need to enjoy it. I really want brock to prison sex the seahawks.

I feel the same. I guess we've been conditioned for the other shoe to drop but at the same time it would be so improbable. But, as you said, what can we do but enjoy it and hope for the best?

We're all forced to go with the measurables when drafting a skill position. There's nowhere other than background and interviews to measure heart and passion. My eyes don't lie when watching this kid read and react, and fight. At the game when he dove forward for a first (it was called back by penalty) the crowd all saw the fight in this kid. Other great players in this league have gone undrafted. We don't know if we have a Kurt Warner or a Sean King, but even if it's some where in between that's ok for this team. Kudos to the scouts and Brian Greese for finding him.
It was great to feel the crowd root for this kid aged chant Purdy, Purdy !
Originally posted by TyCore:
Baldy's breakdown has given me some hype to sway me away from the dark side. edit: loved it then, and I love it even more now--that pump fake to get the defender in the air...wowzers

I kinda did say before the game, the guy was based & poised. I like being right.
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 12, 2022 at 9:06 AM ]
Kittle is a fool

• thl408
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kittle is a fool

L O L
Kittle is a fool

He got pushed a little too hard there lol.
Kittle is a fool

Am I the only one who puts the gifs on repeat like 5 times? Lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DownSouth:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Notice Brendel is faced with 2 rushers...and he doesn't block either one. Brock still makes the throw with rushers right in his face--very impressive.

They need to fix that quick. Brock gonna get concussed and then we will get Josh Johnson

Lol what was Brendel doing on that play
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
brock is basically what i want trey lance to be.
Lance is better than Brock and we don't know because we only saw Lance play in a monsoon.

Lance needs more work. He's a 60% completion guy while Brock has proven to be 70% and against a solid D (Bucs 5th overall) and the Fins weren't that bad.

Also why does Lance run the ball way more than Brock, and why does Shanny trust him throwing it way more? The windows he's fit it in we're small.

This is Brock's job and we have to ride the hot hand.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DownSouth:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Notice Brendel is faced with 2 rushers...and he doesn't block either one. Brock still makes the throw with rushers right in his face--very impressive.

They need to fix that quick. Brock gonna get concussed and then we will get Josh Johnson

Lol what was Brendel doing on that play

I think he briefly forgot which side Kittle was on behind him to pick up the extra rusher, and didn't have enough time to correct to the other side.
Share 49ersWebzone