49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 471 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brock is getting an MRI today. I do hope it's just precautionary. He really needs to start against Seattle.
Shannahan is living g Brock. He looks alive, excited, and pumped. You can just see it in his play calling and sideline demeanor
The only thing that slightly concerns me is dealing with being an overnight sensation and how overwhelming that could become. However, mentally, this guy is balanced and think he can handle it. He is smooth like a cucumber.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Lol what was Brendel doing on that play

hidin. Kittle >> brendel
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DownSouth:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Notice Brendel is faced with 2 rushers...and he doesn't block either one. Brock still makes the throw with rushers right in his face--very impressive.

They need to fix that quick. Brock gonna get concussed and then we will get Josh Johnson

Lol what was Brendel doing on that play

I think he briefly forgot which side Kittle was on behind him to pick up the extra rusher, and didn't have enough time to correct to the other side.
it was a good stunt that created some hiccups. 96 ended up being there sooner which threw off Kittle and Bren
Originally posted by Montana:
The only thing that slightly concerns me is dealing with being an overnight sensation and how overwhelming that could become. However, mentally, this guy is balanced and think he can handle it. He is smooth like a cucumber.

Yeah, that's a worry. The media circus is only going to louder and louder with subsequent success. The mental game can be a real test.

Brock seems humble and grounded enough to not let it get into his head, though.

Watching his interviews from the draft and on, he says all the right stuff.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Brock is getting an MRI today. I do hope it's just precautionary. He really needs to start against Seattle.

I am guessing so. Needs a bit of Tiger Blm or Bio freeze and he will be ready to roll.
Should Brock Purdy win NFC offensive player of the week?
Originally posted by TyCore:

Yeah, that's a worry. The media circus is only going to louder and louder with subsequent success. The mental game can be a real test.

Brock seems humble and grounded enough to not let it get into his head, though.

Watching his interviews from the draft and on, he says all the right stuff.

He does & yes, seems humble & grounded. No doubt from likely being raised right & his spiritual beliefs
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:
I disagree. Things would depend on how he plays, for 1.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.

i said lol no to your "what's more likely is Trey is named the starter" claim?

why are you assuming we dont win the Super Bowl? (see i can do it too!)
It's asinine to say NO MATTER HOW HE PLAYS he is the starter if the 49ers win the Super Bowl. You surely don't actually believe that, proving how disingenuous you are being (which is completely the standard for you, as you have butchered my own arguments and turned them into strawmen dozens of times). If we win the Super Bowl with him throwing three picks a game for example—highly unlikely but theoretically possible—you know and everyone else here knows he will not have earned the job.

i never said nO mAtTeR hOw He PlaYs. i said if Brock wins the Super Bowl. a positive performance is baked into that comment. automatically naming Trey the starter after missing all season was a far more asinine comment but you chose to ignore that. lol.

man these posters who invested so much in their Trey arguments while s**tting on JG are really really fragile right now. pretty funny. they need to go to great lengths (but...but...but...3 INTs) in their lame arguments now. and has the gall to mention a straw man argument.
[ Edited by boast on Dec 12, 2022 at 9:42 AM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

let them drop back so we can run the ball hahah
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

I am guessing so. Needs a bit of Tiger Blm or Bio freeze and he will be ready to roll.

And then he can rest for over a week after we get the win. Good thing is he said he could have finished the game if needed so hope he's ok.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

Haha smooth like a cucumber.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Good point
Share 49ersWebzone