LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 256 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Purdy will be our next SF 49ers Super Bowl winning QB.

You heard it hear first

You also said "Jimmy isn't going anywhere" in regards to this offseason.

Why should we take you seriously?

Where did Jimmy go?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nimble, good movement in and outside the pocket. Buying time, overall making good decisions. Nothing really bad. Good arm strength. It's a good foundation. That's all you can take from offseason and preseason games. How he get himself out of trouble and the ability to make good decisions. The rest will come later as he develops.

What I really like is, he seems confident and quick with the decision. Almost reactionary, like Russell Wilson. So far there's no half ass, let me think about this a second, like Beathard.

Purdy looked better than both Mullens and BeatHard in their rookie season these past two games. Both Mullens and BeatHard are still in the NFL.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Me thinks KS has a giant mesquite woody over Brock Purdy...
IMO more NFL potential than Trey...
Looking forward to seeing #14 develop and ascend the 9er roster...
Won't be surprised seeing him play at the end of the season.

Lmao bro stay off the drugs
  • NDSU
  • Veteran
IMO, he has the play style and tools to be able to run a truer version of Shanny's made-for-Lance offense than Sud can.
He gives me Shaun Hill vibes. (in a good way) Hope we can stash him on the PS
Seriously hope we can keep him. If it was any other position, I wouldn't be as worried about him getting snatched away, but the way he's looked, we might need to keep 3 quarterbacks.
Originally posted by NDSU:

lol that's terrible. Hopefully it's all out of his system. They can coach him out of that also. Haven't seen anything like that the last 2 games. Fingers cross.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Purdy will be our next SF 49ers Super Bowl winning QB.

You heard it hear first

You also said "Jimmy isn't going anywhere" in regards to this offseason.

Why should we take you seriously?

Where did Jimmy go?

You know exactly what I mean. He's not practicing with the team and he never was in the plans to return this season.

Buncha wise guys I swear.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Seriously hope we can keep him. If it was any other position, I wouldn't be as worried about him getting snatched away, but the way he's looked, we might need to keep 3 quarterbacks.
I'd hate to keep three QB's if we have to choose between a guy like Mason or Sudfeld. I'd rather keep two QB's (Trey and Brock) and keep Mason, for example.

If the scramble drill and movement offense is *not* going to be a big part of the offense this year - I'd keep Sudfeld. If it *will be* a big part of the offense - keep Purdy. That's the way I'd look at it. I think Trey will feast off the scramble drills and movement offense because of his uncanny accuracy on the move - and I can see Purdy has those same accuracy traits on the move. Not so much with Sudfeld.

Krueger on Cohn zone likes Purdy so much. I can see some team pooaching Purdy if he is out. If Purdy is kept, and Sudfeld cut nobody cares.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crash49:
Krueger on Cohn zone likes Purdy so much. I can see some team pooaching Purdy if he is out. If Purdy is kept, and Sudfeld cut nobody cares.

Mullens was just traded to Minnesota for a 7th rounder. Purdy is a much more mobile Mullens, and I think Purdy's arm is a bit stronger too. Mullen's beat Seadderall in SeaChicken Land when they were a playoff caliber team. Purdy is giving Sudfeld (a six year veteran) *right now* all the competition he can handle. I think that's where Purdy is *right now* and give Purdy another year to marinate in Kyle's offense and he could be loads better than Mullens or Sudfeld in his 2nd year.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
For the last pick of the draft, he´s really good.
Honestly, keep 3 QBs in the roster because if you cut Purdy he´s gone.
Sudfeld has his two millions guaranteed already and quite honestly played really well so far in the pre-season.
We can't cut him. If we need to keep 3 QBs, so be it. He's too valuable as a quality cheap backup with future trade value.
Originally posted by boast:
QB3

after preseason game 3, i change my opinion. i think Kyle keeps him on the 53. kid has moxie. i like how he tries to create when the protection breaks down.
Share 49ersWebzone