LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really don't care about keeping Purdy or not. Obviously, I'd like to keep him on the practice squad, however, I'd rather not use our roster space on three qbs and keep another position instead and if it's about having Purdy be the QB2 over Sudfield, if we did that the average age of the Qb room is going to be 22 and I'd like to have some veteran experience in there.
He might be better than lance. He forced a couple but his placement seems really accurate to where he wants to put the ball.

If it comes down to him and sudfeld you have to cut sudfeld on his potential alone.

He might be a diamond in the rough. You can't cut him he's shown way too much potential and he will get scooped up. His floor to me looks like fringe starter high quality backup maybe better. With experience he might be a franchise QB.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
He might be better than lance. He forced a couple but his placement seems really accurate to where he wants to put the ball.

If it comes down to him and sudfeld you have to cut sudfeld on his potential alone.

He might be a diamond in the rough. You can't cut him he's shown way too much potential and he will get scooped up. His floor to me looks like fringe starter high quality backup maybe better. With experience he might be a franchise QB.

Holy bad takes batman
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I definitely would keep Purdy over Sudfeld, but that's just me. Purdy's arm is definitely not elite - but it's serviceable. Who knows, maybe he can be a Kurt Warner 2.0 given the right circumstances - but yes, very impressed with Purdy vs Sudfeld.

Lol just stop
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Holy bad takes batman

Where's the bad take? I agree with him 100%. I want to see more of Purdy and I absolutely feel like he sees the game better than Lance. Lance is such a f**king golden boy just because he was drafted #3. Meanwhile he sails and underthrows passes with regularity, is supposed to be an athletic qb but gets sacked once a series and throws balls into the ground at receivers feet. All I saw was Purdy throwing darts. So tired of Lance getting rockstar treatment because of belief.
Originally posted by raywm3:

Holy bad takes batman

Where's the bad take? I agree with him 100%. I want to see more of Purdy and I absolutely feel like he sees the game better than Lance. Lance is such a f**king golden boy just because he was drafted #3. Meanwhile he sails and underthrows passes with regularity, is supposed to be an athletic qb but gets sacked once a series and throws balls into the ground at receivers feet. All I saw was Purdy throwing darts. So tired of Lance getting rockstar treatment because of belief.

😂f**king ridiculous people believe this

Holy bad takes batman

I think you're just seeing Lance having an idea what he can and can't do playing against Houston's 1st team. Thus a little tighter with the decisions. In all of that bad, he didnt throw an INT to make it worse.

As oppose to Purdy doing his best to make the team, looser with the decisions against 3rd and 4th level talents.
Him and sudfield are bad. Doesn't really matter to me
Redo Jimmys contract. Keep him as QB2 and keep sudfeld as 3.
Stash Purdy on the PS.
Garapolo is traded by week 5.

Lay off the booze Ray he was under constant pressure and still completed 7-11. That ball that was thrown into the ground was tipped. He got sacked once a series because the offensive line was playing like trash and there's no Trent Williams.
Let scale down on the Purdy is better than lance. It's obvious that Purdy read the defense quick and makes snap decisions..threw a couple of really nice balls last night that got dropped and and would have been big plays. He's gutsy…that is why I like him. I think his potential will be definitely he could be a starter on a team Sunday but I would pick him over Sunfield right now because as brock Purdy learns and grows and gets more comfortable he's going to be a really good back up for us.

There's one thing I'm sure on Shanahan was not showcasing Lance at all in this preseason there's a few things he let him do but on purpose he gave him just as little as possible only to give him some wraps but really kept NBA and didn't open up the playbook at all it was a lot of vanilla play calling and I think that's on purpose I I think we're gonna be fine in Chicago and we're going to see Lynn lance shred it.

You know that he's your team's starter for this year, though, right?

Better than Jimmy but not franchise just like Jimmy, heard it here first
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Aug 26, 2022 at 9:14 AM ]

Holy bad takes batman

From what I am seeing:

TL >>>>>>>>> Sudfeld >>>>>>>> Purdy

He's a fine PS stash. No one will claim him, as you would have to dress him. No one is dressing Purdy or burning a roster spot for him. If they felt that strongly about him they would have selected him in the 7th.
Share 49ersWebzone