There are 156 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
These Trey_ning Wheels guys are down to this.

* Almost could have been a bad pass.
* Almost interception.
* Not pretty enough pass.

They can't find actual bad passes. Never losing, throwing touchdowns and winning games is not enough.

Your shtick really is lame at this point.

There's still posters who are defending Trey Lance?! Lol weird
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I'm all for drafting another late round flyer every year. Just to hit the topic one more time, I think if we needed a QB and graded Purdy as a 4th we probably would have drafted him in the 3rd. We didn't so we just waited and decided that we'd take a flyer on him in the 7th vs trying to grab him as a free agent

Agree, and now that Brock is QB1, I'd like to shore up QB3 and possibly QB2 - if Sam leaves us in free agency. 49ers have 12 draft picks. Unless some of those picks are traded, I'd love for QB3 to be a younger developmental QB, that Brock would have been, but for the fact that he became a franchise QB.
Originally posted by tankle104:
So I was just listening to a Drew Bledsoe podcast with Chris long. He talked about how he was offered the role in "Something about Mary" that Favre took. Lol apparently Cameron Diaz is a big 49ers fan and originally wanted Steve young for it but because he's a Mormon, he couldn't accept it. Lol
was in the theaters watching that movie... What CD said at the end hit me down in my plums

Originally posted by Niners99:
If Florio can become successful with that weird face, Brock should be fine with his "weird" name. 🙄

LMFAO, nice!
So I was just listening to a Drew Bledsoe podcast with Chris long. He talked about how he was offered the role in "Something about Mary" that Favre took. Lol apparently Cameron Diaz is a big 49ers fan and originally wanted Steve young for it but because he's a Mormon, he couldn't accept it. Lol

Figured everyone knew that. But it is now a pretty old movie.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No serious person can believe Daniel Jones is better. No serious person can make a comment like that. Better at what? Better at being 6'5" 230 lbs.? There is not 1 thing he does better on the football field. From processing, reads, progressions, decision making, getting the ball out quick, excellent mechanics, throwing an accurate catachable ball. There is not 1 thing you can point to. Nothing at all.

One Giants fan said on the forum:

"Put Jones on the Niners and they would blow out the Cowboys, Eagles..."

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I bet a lot of these guys just watch highlights and cop opinions they find on twitter/x. Plus Purdy is an insult to professional analysts, who make a living hyping measurable s, who will miss on a guy who just makes better reads and processes better after the snap. They cant get over it. I tell ya, after watching josh allen jump around like a crack head desperate to make a play,, Im pretty happy with our guy thank you very much.

I think this is the key issue TBH. It's the draft position but more what it implies if Purdy is so good; what did we analysts miss? The evaluators are so obsessed with physical attributes, because they are easy to recognise and easily on display, they don't consider the mental aspects of playing the position. This is compounded by college football defenses being inept and big highlight reel plays of guys dominating lesser competition. Executing an offensive scheme gets you dismissed as a game manager, as if it somehow makes you less of a player because you don't play hero ball.

I wanted Trey to have a fair shot at the starting job this offseason, and I wasn't thrilled at the decision making and loss of draft picks as I felt the organisation took a swing for him but never followed through. However, Brock is the real deal and they made the right decision in going with him.

The hate is about ego preservation for the scouts, evaluators and media pundits (and I'm aware we passed on him so many times too in the draft).

I agree with everything else you stated but I don't think this is a fair point. If you know a player is at the very bottom of everyone elses draft board, why would you draft that player any higher than you need to?

If you evaluate a QB just on his physical tools then Purdy isn't going to knock your socks off. What he has is spades are the skills you can't measure. He may not have the strongest arm but he sees the field and finds the open receiver quickly. He doesn't throw INTs by trying to fit a ball into a space that isn't there. Last night we saw JG throw 3 INTs. He has a slightly better completion percentage but he has 5 YDs and 6 INTs this season. Brock has 4 TDs and no INTs. It's why he's a better QB than people give him credit for.
Deal baby toddle infant young Lord,

Thank you so much for blessing us with Dirty Purdy and relieving us of the frustration of a guy like Jimmy G and Trey Lance. We are forever grateful and look forward to all the championships you lead us to with brock at the helm. #amen.

Amen, Brock was heaven sent fo sure
Another impressive thing about Brock is that he doesn't seem to have any ptsd from the way he got injured. So many times he stands in the pocket where his arm almost gets smacked again. Meanwhile an average qb would be hearing footsteps coming off that kind of injury. Hell I saw Jimmy G yesterday with an alligator arm throw after Watt hit him from his blind side.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

There are still posters that haven't moved on from Trey Lance. Sad

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
… and that's the biggest difference between Jimmy and Purdy. Those back breaking ints in the middle of the field he Judy's misses.

when I watch Brock and then watch guys like Jimmy/Dak/Cousins etc - I am so grateful. lol we're lucky gents! we have a guy who is a beast and protects the ball.

Brock is insanely accurate. That's what gets me. The guy has a great quick release and anticipation. But that dang accuracy is out of this world.

Yeah, which accuracy is one of the sexiest thing to me when watching a QB play. Couple that with his immense trust in his guys with the anticipation - its orgasmic! Only time when brock makes TWP is when he sees something he hasn't seen and tries to make a play (like the first drive of the last game). When we play Dallas, it will be his second time playing them and kyle knows Dan Quinns system very well.

I feel really confident with Brock at the helm.
As Tom says here about Brock. He's lucky he has a coach that like to run the ball. A good strong ground game will make sure Brock never has a bad QB day.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G4lK6JfKD4E
[ Edited by Giedi on Sep 25, 2023 at 8:13 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Now do Buckner.

Lot's of dudes hung up on their ex-girlfriends still.
Jimmy G haters are slowly transitioning into Purdy haters in real time. Sad to see, really.

last night reminded me of why I am so glad we have Brocky now... Jimmy Gesus can look a HOFer in a game for awhile but you know the boner play(s) are coming and sure enough he did it Lol
Originally posted by Crown:

Now do Buckner.

Lot's of dudes hung up on their ex-girlfriends still.

These are the same dudes that thought Jimmy was the greatest thing since Montana but their awfully quiet about him now. Instead they need to randomly keep bringing up Trey that's currently a 3rd string lol. Weird coping mechanism.

Glad we have Purdy, he's definitely better than both those QBs and is on a path to be great.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Jimmy G haters are slowly transitioning into Purdy haters in real time. Sad to see, really.

last night reminded me of why I am so glad we have Brocky now... Jimmy Gesus can look a HOFer in a game for awhile but you know the boner play(s) are coming and sure enough he did it Lol

I would definitely be a Jimmy hater (yesterdays game being exactly why), was a Trey supporter from the day we made the trade to #3, but if you can't see how Brock is different and better than either of them, you're being deluded or have an agenda.

I will say that I have good friends who are fans of other teams and their opinion of Brock is pretty much that he's a system guy but that his play would put him in the 12-15 range, below Stanford but on par with Cousins, Dak, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone