There are 218 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No serious person can believe Daniel Jones is better. No serious person can make a comment like that. Better at what? Better at being 6'5" 230 lbs.? There is not 1 thing he does better on the football field. From processing, reads, progressions, decision making, getting the ball out quick, excellent mechanics, throwing an accurate catachable ball. There is not 1 thing you can point to. Nothing at all.

Better at looking confused.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
There's still posters who are defending Trey Lance?! Lol weird

There are still posters that haven't moved on from Trey Lance. Sad

Most of them are card carrying Jimmy Club members, because they're the only ones bringing him up anymore.
All he does is win.......2.0
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
These Trey_ning Wheels guys are down to this.

* Almost could have been a bad pass.
* Almost interception.
* Not pretty enough pass.

They can't find actual bad passes. Never losing, throwing touchdowns and winning games is not enough.

LOL who is this guy? A near interception is literally a bad pass. You're confusing bad PLAY with bad PASS. Trey Lance is not a 49er why are you bringing him up?

The reason Brock is winning is because his bad passes aren't usually dangerous (as opposed to Jimmy's—brought up because you're a card carrying Jimmy Club member who just brought up Lance—which are almost always bad reads and almost always into traffic), and Brock's good passes bail out the offensive line. In other words, while Brock is pretty accurate, but he's not the most accurate guy and he sometimes makes bad reads, but he has some Mahomes magic in the short game, he's a god in the medium game, and most importantly, he knows and sees where to go with the ball. He finds the open guy, and he does so as fast as is required by what's going on.

None of that has anything to do with Lance, nor does it mean he doesn't made bad passes. What a ludicrous thing to even argue. Every QB makes bad passes, and it's been a fact that Brock has made at least one bad read and had several inaccurate passes (including many which were completed). But unlike Lance (since you, the card carrying Jimmy Club member brought him up, since you hate Lance because he was drafted to replace Jimmy), his inaccurate passes are still ball park and catchable (while Lance's bad passes tend to be throw to the moon or through the dirt to China).

Writes the bold and then proceeds to launch into a tirade against the 'Jimmy Club'
oh the irony
No serious person can believe Daniel Jones is better. No serious person can make a comment like that. Better at what? Better at being 6'5" 230 lbs.? There is not 1 thing he does better on the football field. From processing, reads, progressions, decision making, getting the ball out quick, excellent mechanics, throwing an accurate catachable ball. There is not 1 thing you can point to. Nothing at all.

Better at looking like he's on coke. Foerster approves of this message.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm still a big Jimmy fan, but I think those panic throws come from the fact that he just doesn't have the wheels to get away from a pass rush. He isn't as mobile as Brock, for example. Having said that, if you compare his ability to understand Kyles offense - hands down, Brock is superior to Jimmy. As good as Jimmy is in processing, Brock is much better, and more accurate too. Also, just looking at Jimmy's arm versus Brock's arm - it just feels (to me) that Brock's arm is stronger. It just does, I dont know why.

Jimmy isn't good at processing actually. He doesn't see the field well when the first read isn't there. His first pick last night was clear evidence of that.

Have to be objective about guys strengths and weaknesses. Brock has weaknesses too but when you can process at an elite level that can mask a ton. Thats the big difference.

Thank you. That's two things where Brock is in a whole other class than Jimmy.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Listening to that loudmouth idiot Bart Scott talking about Purdy on ESPN was disgusting. Basically said he sucks, Daniel Jones is better, Purdy has no skillset, is carried. The same old crap everyone is saying. Can't believe these guys are allowed on TV. The national media has no clue about Purdy and they will NEVER give him credit due to his draft position, even if he wins a SB. The guys on YouTube who do All-22 breakdowns like JTO and others are drooling over how good Purdy is. They're so much better to watch than these national media idiots.

It's funny how former players like Bart Scott think they have valid opinions because they played the game; as if someone who has never played at a high level can't understand the game better than them.
LOL no way hahaha.

Let me just say this though: the same thing happened with Tom Brady until about when he was nearing his third Super Bowl win.

"bRoCk pUrDy suCks"
"tHeReS a rEaSoN hE wAs dRaFtEd lAsT"
"sHanAHanS sYsTeM"
"PuRdY rHyMes wItH TuRdY"
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
maybe he really is a highly advanced AI robot lol

Bionic Brock

There was a hole in the back of his neck Thursday night. I'm not saying that's where his charging port is, but I'm just saying the hole was there.

He is better at that.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Listening to that loudmouth idiot Bart Scott talking about Purdy on ESPN was disgusting. Basically said he sucks, Daniel Jones is better, Purdy has no skillset, is carried. The same old crap everyone is saying. Can't believe these guys are allowed on TV. The national media has no clue about Purdy and they will NEVER give him credit due to his draft position, even if he wins a SB. The guys on YouTube who do All-22 breakdowns like JTO and others are drooling over how good Purdy is. They're so much better to watch than these national media idiots.

It's funny how former players like Bart Scott think they have valid opinions because they played the game; as if someone who has never played at a high level can't understand the game better than them.
LOL no way hahaha.

Let me just say this though: the same thing happened with Tom Brady until about when he was nearing his third Super Bowl win.

"bRoCk pUrDy suCks"
"tHeReS a rEaSoN hE wAs dRaFtEd lAsT"
"sHanAHanS sYsTeM"
"PuRdY rHyMes wItH TuRdY"

Yeah, basically. Brock is not even a full season in and he processes like a ten year veteran. He's likely going to improve, and he's already consistently playing winning football.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
love me some Jimmy Gesus but I sure don't miss the boneheaded plays that he would make in tight games

If only many of you could have been honest about that while he was actually here. There would have been a lot less arguing on the webzone.

Accurate.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Crown:
There's still posters who are defending Trey Lance?! Lol weird

There are still posters that haven't moved on from Trey Lance. Sad

Now do Buckner.

Lot's of dudes hung up on their ex-girlfriends still.

These are the same dudes that thought Jimmy was the greatest thing since Montana but their awfully quiet about him now. Instead they need to randomly keep bringing up Trey that's currently a 3rd string lol. Weird coping mechanism.

Glad we have Purdy, he's definitely better than both those QBs and is on a path to be great.

Not a single Jimmy fan compared him to Montana. Only the miserable fans that put him to an unfair standard who complain about "almost INTs" and where balls are placed on game winning tds

again, nice try.

Your boy is gone. Get over it. Go be a raiders fan if you care so much that people say bad things about Jimmy. I'll buy you some tissues as well.

Says the one who gets upset when someone says something about the cowboys third string QB

im just responding to one of your many fabrications

Lolol making up s**t again -- fail lol. Don't care about Trey, he was a bust here which sucks bc we spent all that for him but he was a bust. Thankfully we got Purdy. Go ahead and talk all the s**t you want about Trey don't care. 😂

Let me know where u want me to send your tissues to.

Send em to Dallas

And send the Jimmy Club members to Vegas.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
cock sturdy

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Absolutely agree, *so far, so good.* The only thing I would say with operating with lesser offensive talent, is that the OLine (specially on the right side) needs to be upgraded. You can operate with lesser offensive talent, in my opinion, if you have elite Offensive Line talent. Give Brock 3+ seconds and he can definitely create some passing offensive fireworks. Having said that, in the playoffs and possibly in the Super Bowl, those offensive talent deficiencies will show up, by a better team.

An example of that would be the 49ers vs Chargers, the Chargers were exposed in the super bowl by a more complete team. In other words, I'd like ShanaLynch to keep the offensive firepower up, and not let it diminish - if they want to get to the championship game year in and year out. (easier said that than done for sure, though).

I'm assuming you meant Dolphins, because that Charger team was one of the weakest teams to ever reach a SB.

If Purdy *is* a guy who can be that top 5 type of dude, then he's a player who can elevate those around him. He's going to get the ball out, so OL doesn't have to block a guy for 4+ seconds. He's going to feel the pressure, and maneuver within the pocket and hit the open guy - like he did with that throw to Kittle against the Giants that has been posted. He's going read and recognize pre and post snap, and poor receivers are going to look average, average receivers are going to look good, and good receivers are going to look great.

He's also gonna get paid....and that means other positions will have to be sacrificed. If Shanahan, with his scheme? And assuming he has a guy with *it* in Purdy? There are many ways to skin a cat, but I'd be all for the team to just to load up on defense, and make do with lesser offensive skill guys.

We have three years to worry about that.

3? Thought it was 2 years?

Including this year? I was under the impression we can't negotiate until after the third year, meaning his fourth year is what he's making that fourth year, and whatever contract is signed will be added to that. Am I wrong on that?
My fav gripe in a player thread.. the old well shoot, one day, we may have to pay the man, commensurate with his value
Share 49ersWebzone