Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 354 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
At least I'm honest about my opinions.

Yup...and it completely torpedoes your own take with your 'Jimmy is a tad below elite' comment. Some bar you have set.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Somebody superimpose Brock's head on Rocky's body

Brocky Balboa :)

Not my best photoshop that's for sure 😆 I went with the mullet cause I am from NV🙂

[ Edited by Montana on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:32 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
It's just a lot of folks refuse to believe that the last pick of the draft can be any good and continue to play like this. I was living in Germany at the time Tom Brady took over and I don't even know if the media talked him down like he can't do that or this like they do Brock. I just wonder if they did

They 100% minimized Brady's impact early in his career because of the Pats top tier defense and ST. Brady didn't get that big time love until he broke the NFL when he got Moss and Gronk. Purdy already has elite weapons early his career, so hopefully he doesn't have to wait as long to be credited for being a top QB based on his tape. You could tell Brady was going to be great once he got better weapons around him, and you can see the same happening with Brock right now. Good luck stopping a QB who is great at finding the best option when they have multiple weapons to throw open.
I like that Brady keeps coming up in the Brock convo..just means we have a damn good qb..Tom was a fierce competitor..Brock has that same fire, if not, more so🔥
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

Yup...and it completely torpedoes your own take with your 'Jimmy is a tad below elite' comment. Some bar you have set.

You must have missed Jimmy's 70+% winning percentage and his appearance in the super bowl, his ability to turn a 1-10 bottom feeding team into a 5-0 team, his *numerous* playoff appearances and *playoff wins.* For Jimmy's lack of mobility, and inability to extend plays, and playing behind a small OLine that best cater's to mobile QB's, and fast backs, he's done a terrific job in being a 49er QB. You cite *impossible* subjective criterias for calling someone elite. I basically just look at historical fact. Purdy hasn't been *beaten* yet after 10 regular season games as a rookie. Never mind his 95% single game completion percentage just recently as a 2nd year player vs Joe and Steve's similar accomplishments after being QB for 5+ years. Two playoff wins against top notch defenses throwing ZERO interceptions as a rookie, and I question your own *impossible standards.* It's almost like you're too scared to recognize his eliteness because you are such a negative ninny. Go back to the patriot boards (or wherever you come from) and continue to be a Tom Brady fan. You certainly aren't a 49er fan in my book.
You must have missed Jimmy's 70+% winning percentage and his appearance in the super bowl, his ability to turn a 1-10 bottom feeding team into a 5-0 team, his *numerous* playoff appearances and *playoff wins.* For Jimmy's lack of mobility, and inability to extend plays, and playing behind a small OLine that best cater's to mobile QB's, and fast backs, he's done a terrific job in being a 49er QB. You cite *impossible* subjective criterias for calling someone elite. I basically just look at historical fact. Purdy hasn't been *beaten* yet after 10 regular season games as a rookie. Never mind his 95% single game completion percentage just recently as a 2nd year player vs Joe and Steve's similar accomplishments after being QB for 5+ years. Two playoff wins against top notch defenses throwing ZERO interceptions as a rookie, and I question your own *impossible standards.* It's almost like you're too scared to recognize his eliteness because you are such a negative ninny. Go back to the patriot boards (or wherever you come from) and continue to be a Tom Brady fan. You certainly aren't a 49er fan in my book.

Is the last name actually Romo?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Here we go again.

I don't get why some are saying that pass to Aiyuk was under thrown. Aiyuk never slowed down for the pass and had to reach for it with his finger tips. It looked like Purdy led him to an open area where the DB had his back to him and was running full sprint to catch up.

maybe I need to see the play again? Does anyone have All-22 of that particular play?

You know my thoughts on his arm talent overall…I didn't think that was under thrown either.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Somebody superimpose Brock's head on Rocky's body

Brocky Balboa :)

Not my best photoshop that's for sure 😆 I went with the mullet cause I am from NV🙂

Patriots board? Tom Brady fan? Not a Niners fan? I at least attempted a civil discussion when I responded to your "is he a special QB or not?" post, but I see you're only interested in putting words in others mouths to make some sorta point.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

There is no comparison between Jimmy and Brock's football IQ's. Was painfully obvious from Brock's first start and then watching Pickeroppolo, James "Jimmy" WTFwasthateroppolo, Jimmy Pirouette N' pick six, qbing the Raaaaaaaaaiiiiideees. Jimmy starts walking on hot coals after the first read, every time.Doesn't see the field well, at all.

Originally posted by Montana:

Is the last name actually Romo?

Jimmy was good enough to stabilize the offense to win games with a great defense. most games scratching and klunking to 20 points. Jimmy to Brock is like a Pinto to a Lexus.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Enlarged dinga linga deep ball slinga lol
Originally posted by socal1632:
Jimmy was good enough to stabilize the offense to win games with a great defense. most games scratching and klunking to 20 points. Jimmy to Brock is like a Pinto to a Lexus.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Here we go again.

I don't get why some are saying that pass to Aiyuk was under thrown. Aiyuk never slowed down for the pass and had to reach for it with his finger tips. It looked like Purdy led him to an open area where the DB had his back to him and was running full sprint to catch up.

maybe I need to see the play again? Does anyone have All-22 of that particular play?

You know my thoughts on his arm talent overall…I didn't think that was under thrown either.

It wasn't. Sanchez pulled that out of his ass / stammered / misspoke on the broadcast and people ran with it. Watch the play and don't listen to the commentary. Not underthrown at all.
It was an unconventional throw, no doubt about it. I don't see it as under-thrown, but it hangs up there for quite a while with two defenders in the vicinity. I feel like a more alert safety would have had a chance to make a play on the ball.

But it's just one questionable* decision by a QB who has thrown an incredibly clean game so far this season. So far, having played just 11 games, nobody can take anything away from Brock Purdy for what he has put together on the field.

* Questionable in the truest sense - I'm still pondering it myself, having looked at it a lot.
[ Edited by joeknows on Oct 6, 2023 at 7:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone