There are 284 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Here we go again.

This is the same tactics as Cohn. Say something ridiculous and inflammatory to get responses from passionate fans of the subject. The guy doesn't believe that any more than the most passionate defender of Purdy. He just knows that what you did in sharing his ridiculous post will increase his traffic and revenue. It's a widely used tactic in today's sports media. Nick Wright, Skip Bayliss, the clown who came up with this, etc...

KNBR is working with him to amplify his message and create engagement for him and legitimize him. Lame

Wait they are having this cesspool creep on the show? OMG. I can't even listen to that. Don't amplify that fool. He knows nothing about football.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Dobbs has been pretty damn lucky. He had 3 picks by us that we dropped, that luck will run out eventually. Lol Brock's been doing a great job, only 4 and none have been picked fortunately.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wait they are having this cesspool creep on the show? OMG. I can't even listen to that. Don't amplify that fool. He knows nothing about football.

I think there's honestly football casuals who haven't watched football in a couple years who don't even know who guys like Purdy, Love and Sam Howell are. Basically if you are a fairly new QB, they haven't even seen you play. Probably still thinks Roethlisberger is slinging it.

Looks about right. Not putting the ball in harms way has been one of Brock's many strengths, not a weakness at all, especially considering how many games he has played thus far.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Oct 6, 2023 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think there's honestly football casuals who haven't watched football in a couple years who don't even know who guys like Purdy, Love and Sam Howell are. Basically if you are a fairly new QB, they haven't even seen you play. Probably still thinks Roethlisberger is slinging it.

Yeah I believe a lot of people haven't seen him play. Because no way they would act this way if they did.
Funniest s**t I've seen all day:

https://www.tiktok.com/@battoman3/video/7285792886807924011
LOL. We are back to "interception worthy" plays. An interception is NOT WORTY of an interception if it didn't actually get intercepted.

Edit
[ Edited by mattster03 on Oct 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Chance:
I'll take it a step further, I think there's some intuitive stuff going on with BA and Brock. As I mentioned in my previous post about how the throw reminded me of a back shoulder. I think both guys know that if there's coverage over the top, to either break the route, or adjust the route. BA flattened the route to beat the over coverage and WHAM the ball was right up on him. It looks strange to folks because it's either really lucky or almost incomprehensibly good. I mean if Brock knew BA was going to flatten there, it's bordering on clairvoyance, which is probably why it's breaking peoples' brains. But Brock himself said that he put the ball where he wanted and saw the defenders. If Brock and BA truly were on the same page there, then that portends huge things for this budding connection.

edit: upon rewatching, it appears BA doesn't flatten until he sees where the ball is in the air. So more of Purdy throwing to a space only BA could adjust to. It's also very unlikely that Purdy missed the other safety as he threw it between the hash while the other safety was right in his line of sight running towards BA beyond the hash.

Good s**t, whether purposefully or happy accident. I just think we're all over analyzing 2 guys connecting, just playing football.
The play is exactly where it should be and it was a dime. Get over it.

LOL. We are back to "interception worthy" plays. An interception is NOT WORTY of an interception if it didn't actually get intercepted.

I'd like to know when a player is putting the ball in danger and leaving the outcome up to luck. When you're running a football team, you want luck to have as little to do with the outcome of a game as possible.

it's just a stat to measure how much danger, the ball is being put in and how to get your QB to stop doing it. It's useful data but it's only a piece of data. No one metric is end all be all. Idk why people hate that stat so much.

seeing how mac jones has put the ball in danger the most in the league, says a lot about his decision making and accuracy. It's important to know if you're his coach. Sure, you can watch film and see it too but it's nice to have additional data

Simply not true.

In related info - Jaquiski Tartt is a free agent right now .
  • thl408
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Looks about right. Not putting the ball in harms way has been one of Brock's many strengths, not a weakness at all, especially considering how many games he has played thus far.

Sucks for Stafford with 3 INT worthy throws but 5 actual INTs. I remember one was versus the 49ers when a pass doinked off the WR's two hands and into Oliver's hands.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Here we go again.

I don't get why some are saying that pass to Aiyuk was under thrown. Aiyuk never slowed down for the pass and had to reach for it with his finger tips. It looked like Purdy led him to an open area where the DB had his back to him and was running full sprint to catch up.

maybe I need to see the play again? Does anyone have All-22 of that particular play?

You know my thoughts on his arm talent overall…I didn't think that was under thrown either.

It wasn't. Sanchez pulled that out of his ass / stammered / misspoke on the broadcast and people ran with it. Watch the play and don't listen to the commentary. Not underthrown at all.

This

It was underthrown, in a good way
let us compromise
intentionally underthrown, why lead it deep into two DBs?

This. It's like calling a back shoulder throw "underthrown." If it's intentional and leads the WR away from defenders and they make a catch (especially in traffic), how is that "underthrown?" There are other words that can be used to describe such throws.
Originally posted by Furlow:
This. It's like calling a back shoulder throw "underthrown." If it's intentional and leads the WR away from defenders and they make a catch (especially in traffic), how is that "underthrown?" There are other words that can be used to describe such throws.

Like a perfect dime. Thrown exactly where he wanted it.
Share 49ersWebzone