There are 252 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Folks are really making a big deal out of a 42 yard completion from a near perfect performance. God, it's great being a fan of a winning organization who finally has their FQB.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Underthrown = the WR has to slow down or come back toward the QB. The opposite happened here. Sanchez was simply wrong in making an off-the-cuff remark.

I thought if the WR slows down, comes back to the ball and makes the catch they call it a back shoulder throw, and the QB is great for making it. If not, it was underthrown or QB has a weak arm. That's what I love so much about Purdy's game is that he gives his WRs a chance to make plays. If they do, it makes him look even better.

In no way is that ball under thrown.

Agreed
Too small to play say the haters and doubters. But he's BIGGER than Drew Brees standing right next to him. He reminds me of a young Brees in a lot of ways. The processing, quick decision making, timing, mechanics and throwing accuracy.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/49ers-brock-purdy.272658/page-257
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 6, 2023 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

In no way is that ball under thrown.

Agreed
Where's Furlow and his wobble meter
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Folks are really making a big deal out of a 42 yard completion from a near perfect performance. God, it's great being a fan of a winning organization who finally has their FQB.

If/when BCB hands the cowboys their asses on Sunday, I don't want to hear jack s**t from any doubters ever again.
If/when BCB hands the cowboys their asses on Sunday, I don't want to hear jack s**t from any doubters ever again.

That'd be so epic, and I feel like he will
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Too small to play say the haters and doubters. But he's BIGGER than Drew Brees standing right next to him. He reminds me of a young Brees in a lot of ways. The processing, quick decision making, timing, mechanics and throwing accuracy.

Agree 💯% Drew Brees is a great comparison, among other Comparisions...

What a gem of a QB. Very Mature person for his age. A man of faith like Brees. Only his 2nd year - he's hitting 95% completion rates in Kyle's super complicated offense.

He's going to be good for a long time if you give Purdy some great OLinemen, keep CMC healthy, and make sure he has some good WRs to throw to and he'll probably have a legendary career like some of our former 49er legends.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Agree 💯% Drew Brees is a great comparison, among other Comparisions...

What a gem of a QB. Very Mature person for his age. A man of faith like Brees. Only his 2nd year - he's hitting 95% completion rates in Kyle's super complicated offense.

He's going to be good for a long time if you give Purdy some great OLinemen, keep CMC healthy, and make sure he has some good WRs to throw to and he'll probably have a legendary career like some of our former 49er legends.

I think he has the chance to be very great. Notice standing right next to Brees he's bigger on both height and weight. Taller and more strong. Although I think Brees lost some weight since the playing days are done as many players do. They don't have to bulk up as much post career. Either way he's bigger. The too small garbage is nonsense.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Here we go again.

I don't get why some are saying that pass to Aiyuk was under thrown. Aiyuk never slowed down for the pass and had to reach for it with his finger tips. It looked like Purdy led him to an open area where the DB had his back to him and was running full sprint to catch up.

maybe I need to see the play again? Does anyone have All-22 of that particular play?

You know my thoughts on his arm talent overall…I didn't think that was under thrown either.

It wasn't. Sanchez pulled that out of his ass / stammered / misspoke on the broadcast and people ran with it. Watch the play and don't listen to the commentary. Not underthrown at all.

This

It was underthrown, in a good way
let us compromise
intentionally underthrown, why lead it deep into two DBs?

This. It's like calling a back shoulder throw "underthrown." If it's intentional and leads the WR away from defenders and they make a catch (especially in traffic), how is that "underthrown?" There are other words that can be used to describe such throws.

That is exactly what Purdy said he was doing. He saw where the defenders were and threw it away from them. His footwork was very good - squared away with plenty of time. Dime.
Originally posted by Giedi:
No, I have pretty strong opinions of Jimmy. A lot of folks here give him grief, and it's my opinion he's a good QB. He has some limitations but doesn't deserve to be called names. Hands down Purdy is definitely a cut above Jimmy. Just on the dimension of *mobility* alone, he's a cut above. That's *one* of the big differences between a guy like Jimmy and a guy like Purdy. Purdy can get away from the DLine and live another day. Jimmy can't.
I agree, my only complaint about JG is he would take a sack instead of throwing the ball away and lose yards and I always had my fingers crossed that he would not throw an interception at the worst time. But he was better than most of the QB's we have had in the last 20+ years.
Damn I love having dirty Purdy as our qb after twenty years of suffering and being at war over QBs with each other, it seems it's finally peacetime.

Can't wait for 7 years from now when we have 4 chips. Muhahaha
John Lynch said Brock 99 out-of 100 takes it to the right place where the coverage dictates. This confirmed most of us are seeing.

Also said Brock is a God send. More so for saving John and Kyle's job I think lol
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 6, 2023 at 12:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone