There are 303 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If/when BCB hands the cowboys their asses on Sunday, I don't want to hear jack s**t from any doubters ever again.

That'd be so epic, and I feel like he will

There shouldn't be any doubters now, but we'll still have some. I'm sure we'll get a lot of "he's just lucky the ball didn't bounce the other way," or "had Mica got there a split second quicker," or "CMC is who makes Purdy great," etc. Haters are gonna hate.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Too small to play say the haters and doubters. But he's BIGGER than Drew Brees standing right next to him. He reminds me of a young Brees in a lot of ways. The processing, quick decision making, timing, mechanics and throwing accuracy.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/49ers-brock-purdy.272658/page-257

In the SportSpectrum interview linked back a number of pages, Purdy said he tries to model himself after Brees. In addition to being similar in size, both have deep faith and a strong sense of dedication to the community.

Brees - 6'0", 210,

Brock - 6'1", 220
[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 6, 2023 at 12:25 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Apparently Steven Ruiz made fun of Purdy again?
And then the guy had the audacity to say that he thinks that the Niners could win the Superbowl if the starter was Darnold.^^
Seriously this guy. ^^ But he watchs the film!
And more than that he succeeded in what he's trying to do. He's doing the Cohn special. He wants people to talk about him one way or another.

As for Purdy, I hope Kyle don't ask him to do some 7 step drops. Parsons is dangerous.
They should use the same gameplan they used with Jimmy against the Rams in order to minimize Aaron Donald's impact.
Try to stretch them horizontally with Deebo, CMC and Kittle.
And do not abandon the run.
Originally posted by pdc20:
And then the guy had the audacity to say that he thinks that the Niners could win the Superbowl if the starter was Darnold.^^
And more than that he succeeded in what he's trying to do. He's doing the Cohn special. He wants people to talk about him one way or another.

As for Purdy, I hope Kyle don't ask him to do some 7 step drops. Parsons is dangerous.
They should use the same gameplan they used with Jimmy against the Rams in order to minimize Aaron Donald's impact.

No JTO, 7 step drops work just fine, you just have to be strategic in how you do it. The deep ball to aiyuk was a 7 step drop.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Oct 6, 2023 at 12:30 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Too small to play say the haters and doubters. But he's BIGGER than Drew Brees standing right next to him. He reminds me of a young Brees in a lot of ways. The processing, quick decision making, timing, mechanics and throwing accuracy.

In the SportSpectrum interview linked back a number of pages, Purdy said he tries to model himself after Brees. In addition to being similar in size, both have deep faith and a strong sense of dedication to the community.

In Larry Krueger's interview with Purdy before last season, he said that he looked at Drew Brees and Russell Wilson's tapes. And I can see some Russ in his game the way he moves outside the pocket sometimes.
At 1min15.

Ruiz is just a clown. How's he going to say Purdy can't run a "League average offense" with good result when he has 2 QB who can't run any offense in Mac and Daniel Jones rank higher lol.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
No JTO, 7 step drops work just fine, you just have to be strategic in how you do it. The deep ball to aiyuk was a 7 step drop.

I'm not anti 7 step drops. It's just that I fear Dallas's super fast defense and Micah Parsons.
Originally posted by dj43:

In Larry Krueger's interview with Purdy before last season, he said that he looked at Drew Brees and Russell Wilson's tapes. And I can see some Russ in his game the way he moves outside the pocket sometimes.
At 1min15.

I definitely see a bit of both in his game. Those are good comparisons.
wow drew brees passing skills + russ wilsons athleticism? sounds like the perfect QB
I knew it, Brock Brees lol

Originally posted by Montana:

Hes a combo of brees and romo
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
wow drew brees passing skills + russ wilsons athleticism? sounds like the perfect QB

Yup, he's called Brock Purdy! Generational Talent.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Brock Brees & Bilbo Baggins

I'm not anti 7 step drops. It's just that I fear Dallas's super fast defense and Micah Parsons.
Yeah, we better have excellent protection if we do a 7-Step drop. It's risky against a deep d line like the cowboys. I'd only do it if we get the run game going and have the d line hesitating because of the run game. Otherwise, it's a huge risk.
Share 49ersWebzone