QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Hope Purdy is ready to play

You are doing this all wrong.

"Hope he is purdy ready to play"
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by joeknows:
What must this guy be thinking? He was moments away from going undrafted. I wish Jimmy great health, but his past record indicates that Brock will likely suit up for us at some point this season now. Becoming fairly relevant, huh?

Imagine if Purdy leads this team to a SB. Would be the greatest Mr. Irrelevant story of all time.

"Imagine how purdy it will be when he leads this team to a SB."
Originally posted by Brucey72:
With Trey out and Jimmy's history it is almost a guarantee he starts this year

"With Trey out and Jimmy's history, it is a purdy darn good guarantee that he starts this year."

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Sadly you may be right. 2022-2023 season could be one to forget.

"Sadly, you purdy much are correct. The 2022-2023 season could be one to forget."

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Sadly you may be right. 2022-2023 season could be one to forget.

"Purdy much everybody (one) is in a panic!"

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Unfortunately true.

"Unfortunately this is purdy much true."
Purdy better be ready...

With us basically having the game in hand... in the redzone....up by 13pts was it?

Kyle chooses to call QB Power with Jimmy G.

He's just a stubborn old man who's not even old.

Edit-my mistake, zone-read. Point still stands, Kyle will put Jimmy in harms way... so rook, be ready.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 18, 2022 at 11:48 PM ]
Edit..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 18, 2022 at 9:54 PM ]
If they do not bring Jimmy back you might as well make it a true open competition between him and lance.

You get one extra year of his rookie contract and he looked pretty good in the preseason.

If lance is physically or mentally broken I'm not sure he won't be the better option.

Would suck if Lance got lattimored but you never know how qbs taking so much time off will hurt them.

This will be 3 years now if you count the COVID time in college. Lance might just never live up to his draft position at this point.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Purdy better be ready...

With us basically having the game in hand... in the redzone....up by 13pts was it?

Kyle chooses to call QB Power with Jimmy G.

He's just a stubborn old man who's not even old.

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
If they do not bring Jimmy back you might as well make it a true open competition between him and lance.

You get one extra year of his rookie contract and he looked pretty good in the preseason.

If lance is physically or mentally broken I'm not sure he won't be the better option.

Would suck if Lance got lattimored but you never know how qbs taking so much time off will hurt them.

This will be 3 years now if you count the COVID time in college. Lance might just never live up to his draft position at this point.

I don't think he will. He missed 3 years now. Rarely if ever in sports history does that work out. In any sport.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he will. He missed 3 years now. Rarely if ever in sports history does that work out. In any sport.

I dont think so either..if he does. It won't be on the 49ers
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Aaron Rodgers? Jimmy Garoppolo?
Purdy is going to go from mr irrelevant to starting for the 49ers in one year lol. Jimmy will get slaughtered since Kyle never learns from his mistakes. Dude just killed one franchise QB so he puts our old franchise QB in the same situation a few plays later lol. Unreal
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Unfortunately true.

If it's one or two games (regular season) that's fine. I like him to go 1-1 depending on opposition. Based on nothing more than a good feeling.
[ Edited by joeknows on Sep 19, 2022 at 5:47 AM ]

I wonder what odds I can get in Vegas for Purdy to win SB MVP…
Sounds like retirement nest egg. Big ass dinosaur-size nest egg.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I wonder what odds I can get in Vegas for Purdy to win SB MVP…
Originally posted by fropwns:
You are doing this all wrong.

"Hope he is purdy ready to play"

"Imagine how purdy it will be when he leads this team to a SB."

"With Trey out and Jimmy's history, it is a purdy darn good guarantee that he starts this year."

"Sadly, you purdy much are correct. The 2022-2023 season could be one to forget."

"Purdy much everybody (one) is in a panic!"

"Unfortunately this is purdy much true."

Jimmy might be pretty but he's no Purdy!
It's only a matter of time until we get to witness the greatness that Is Purdy.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Purdy is going to go from mr irrelevant to starting for the 49ers in one year lol. Jimmy will get slaughtered since Kyle never learns from his mistakes. Dude just killed one franchise QB so he puts our old franchise QB in the same situation a few plays later lol. Unreal

Imagine if he has to come in in the playoffs. The media will have a field day with the Mr. Irrelevant to highly relevant headlines.
Share 49ersWebzone