There are 207 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
The beginning of the Purdy Era
I wonder if he'll see some game time in a blowout?

I don't see us blowing many teams out, but I can see a few instances where he'll get to wind down the last few minutes.
Originally posted by TyCore:

I don't see us blowing many teams out, but I can see a few instances where he'll get to wind down the last few minutes.

Jimmy G is not known as Mr Durable so it wouldn't surprise me to see Purdy get real Game Time experience this year.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Jimmy G is not known as Mr Durable so it wouldn't surprise me to see Purdy get real Game Time experience this year.

Might be tonight with our luck.
Let's see what this guy has
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

With Trent out I can see Jimmy getting roughed up... Soon...
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Based off what? Looking good against guys that are now working at Arbys.

More likely he does after the OL gets Jimmy killed.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
More likely he does after the OL gets Jimmy killed.

Need Brunskill healthy. O line was good in the first half.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Based off what? Looking good against guys that are now working at Arbys.

THIS woulda been the game to insert the ROOKIE.. it's obvious that Grappy not going to Training Camp and playing the preseason showed.. but it wouldn't have hurt to put Purdy in because the game was so darn close, our D was playing very well and we just needed a play here or there offensively..

Same goes w/Mason... you can tell that Wilson was running out of gas and Mason shoulda been used more often.

If he were to be named the starter I wouldn't hate it tbh

What's the worst that could happen? We score less than 10 points? We turn it over four times instead of three? We gift-wrap two safeties instead of one? And just lose even harder somehow?
With Trent Williams out, he may be a better option. He elusive around the pocket, even more Trey Lance would be, and he us more accurate than Jimmy.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
With Trent Williams out, he may be a better option. He elusive around the pocket, even more Trey Lance would be, and he us more accurate than Jimmy.

He has a stronger arm than James, too.
I dont want to see Brock Purdy unless we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. If and when this happens, Kyle better not keep running Jimmy out there.
Since we no longer employ Big D Nick, I propose a new nickname for Purdy assuming he exceeds our expectations: "Brock the Cock"
Share 49ersWebzone