LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 167 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
The kid just has a knack for making plays.

Idk if he's a great QB, but he's a good QB that if he keeps developing and we had good pieces around him he will be great

This. To realize he's STILL developing is absurd.
I had to watch 1/3rd of the game on my phone so the feed was all jacked up, missed a 1/3rd and caught the last 3rd at home....

I know Brock crushed it again, but damn...get this dude some blocking.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I had to watch 1/3rd of the game on my phone so the feed was all jacked up, missed a 1/3rd and caught the last 3rd at home....

B-ROCK STEADY PURDY.... he STEADY !!!

Just don't let him play in the RAIN..
Seeing how garbo Lamar Jackson looked against Cleveland, I feel a lot better about Brock's performance.

a few pressures were just him holding onto the ball too long
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
As long as we're not trailing in the 2nd half, he's great. Just need to make sure we're not playing in any close games, so that he doesn't feel the need to press.

lol, how miserable it must be to have to qualify every good moment with such petty b******t. Glad I don't live in your world.

It's not being miserable. He played great today. It's just that the questions about him that came out of the 3 straight losses (5 turnovers when we were trailing by 7 points or less) haven't been answered by 1 dominant win where we were never really challenged.

Give him all the pieces (Trent is back),...and he can "do this."

But take some major pieces away and you're 100% right. There are longterm questions to still be answered.

Which can be said about every young QB in the history of the sport.

Sure. Would be great to calm down the "He's a HOFer" noise climate we've had here for months and get some rational discussion instead, though. There's a huge segment of us that need to be hit with a dose of reality.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 12, 2023 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seeing how garbo Lamar Jackson looked against Cleveland, I feel a lot better about Brock's performance.

The Browns are legitimately putting one of those historical defenses out there. Prior to today their yards per play allowed was 4.3. The 1985 Bears yards per play allowed was 4.4, and the 2000 Ravens was 4.3.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Playcalling for Brock must be complicated as all get out.

I am sure a WCO rooted coach wants that ball gone quickly, but Brock wants that 20 yard chunk.

Imagine Brock in the Norv Turner Dallas offense....alll that play action, deeper shots...godly line...remarkably stable rushing attack. People would be comparing him to Tom Brady....

well....

wait....

we do that already....nm
Really loved that long pass to Kittle. Pocket was collapsing on him, but he stood tall and threw a perfect pass to Kittle for the TD.
Originally posted by random49er:
Sure. Would be great to calm down the "He's a HOFer" noise climate we've had here for months and get some rational discussion instead, though. There's a huge segment of us that need to be hit with a dose of reality.

What is it you would like to discuss?

Even in the supposed "bad games" he's had in the prior last 3 games they have been nothing like the typical "bad QB loses the game" 5 interception.

He played mediocre with bottom 5 pass blocking and no game plan adjustments by the head coach?

The guy is legit good. He looked more like the QB of the future than anyone we have had since young or Garcia.

He will be even better in year 3 when his arm is fully healed and strengthened.

Hes in the top 5 players on the team...

He's also doing it all with 0 running game and no pass blocking.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 12, 2023 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Playcalling for Brock must be complicated as all get out.

I am sure a WCO rooted coach wants that ball gone quickly, but Brock wants that 20 yard chunk.

Imagine Brock in the Norv Turner Dallas offense....alll that play action, deeper shots...godly line...remarkably stable rushing attack. People would be comparing him to Tom Brady....

well....

wait....

we do that already....nm

Shanahan does not run the WCO. Shanahan has repeatedly said he wants the QB to take shots. Shanahan continuously designs shot plays. This notion that he's a buttoned up, short pass guy is wrong, and it's a false belief that came from years of Shanhana catering his offense to what Jimmy is good at.
Updated QB Rankings

1. Mahomes not having a great year but he's still the best QB in the league

2. Burrow sames at Mahomes, hasn't been great bc of injury but still great

3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Herbert
6. Hurts
7. Purdy
8. Tua
9. Stroud - he's been great should probably be higher
10. Prescott
11. Stafford
12. Goff
13. Wilson
14. Lawrence
15. Geno
16. Howell
Originally posted by tankle104:
I've been MIA cause I've been so busy with work/business that I've missed the last few games but I'm kinda glad I did because the bits I did see - were disgusting.

glad to see our boy bounce back and the whole team get back to their old ways. I love the gregory & young additions. We def needed it.

Welcome back, plenty of material for your bank today lol
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Really loved that long pass to Kittle. Pocket was collapsing on him, but he stood tall and threw a perfect pass to Kittle for the TD.

An absolute giant balls throw.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

It was so hot, 10/10 throw, dropped that in the basket like the Easter Bunny

All these BP highlights

🤤🤤🤤
Share 49ersWebzone