LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 230 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shanahan confirmed what we all were thinking. The 1st TD to Aiyuk was a bad decision, the worst of his career so far . But it worked out so I'll take it!
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
One of those interceptions against the Vikings was inaccurate as hell. That is NOT Brock's normal MO. He's generally pretty accurate and ELITE accurate on medium range passes.

This one, for example.

Also to the ridiculous fan boy NoDerpBallSteveYoung who responded to me, this is an errant throw on a play where the guy was open. Fan boys… smh they live in a fantasy world. (Is this Jimmy's racism cousin who claimed Steve had the weakest arm in NFL history?)

Jennings ran the wrong route on that play. Watch JD's film review.

The most ridiculous part about you is that you're so clueless, yet you post with this pretense of being knowledgeable and reasonable.

You couldn't be further from the truth with your QB analyses. You think Trey Lance was good, attempt to nitpick at every apparent Brock mistake as if it proves he's not good enough, whereas apparently Lance is absolutely perfect, pretend that Steve Young and Joe Montana were deep ball merchants with strong arms, etc.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Shanahan confirmed what we all were thinking. The 1st TD to Aiyuk was a bad decision, the worst of his career so far . But it worked out so I'll take it!

Just imagine if Kyle had coached Brett Favre or any other great QB who used to ad-lib a lot. He'd go insane.
Originally posted by mattster03:

I was screaming NO til BA caught that.

The reason he double clutched, look at #5 from the Jags coming down. Brock's read is lighting. If the Oline just give him a tick out of tick tock...
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Montana:
I can watch this s**t all day..all day

Noodle arm

Wow, I knew he took a shot, but he hurled that nearly 40 yards on a dime flat-footed with guys in his face.

He made some mistakes the past couple weeks, but so have several other top tier quarterbacks.

He continues to make elite throws every week. You don't just do this if you aren't the real deal.

I was worried about his elbow on this play it looked like he hit the helmet of the defender.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Still the best QB this roster has had since Jeff Garcia. I know it doesn't say much given the daunting eras of Alex Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo, who inspired fear in opposing defenses. But still, glad to have this guy on our roster.

Since JEFF GARCIA?

More of this ridiculous revisionist history where fans pretend Jeff Garcia was a great QB.

Garcia couldn't carry Jimmy's jock strap. Worst mechanics in NFL history. Franchise record low yards per completion in 2002 (10.2) and was voted a "Pro Bowler" that year.

Good backup, not a starter, carried by the system. He's what people mistakenly think Jimmy was.

Brock's averaging 3 full yards per attempt higher than Garcia did in his 2002 "Pro Bowl" season.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
I noticed brock didn't throw those 10-15yards at the middle routes today. Those throws has been what giving him some problems lately
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Browns are arguably the best defense in football and Purdy still put up what should've been a game-winning drive without CMC, Deebo or a healthy Trent.

Purdy had two bad drives against Minnesota and it's pretty obvious he was concussed those two drives. He was great the rest of that game.

He was good for three quarters against the Bengals, then they had one lucky interception by the DE and it fell apart. And again he was missing Trent Williams and Deebo.

That shaky three-game streak with no Trent/Deebo looks like a massive fluke after today, especially considering he still looked good for 3 quarters in each of the Vikings/Bengals games.

Of those three games, the only legit "bad game" was the Cincy game. He battled against Cleveland and should have won. The Minnesota game gets discounted for the concussion.
Originally posted by dj43:
Of those three games, the only legit "bad game" was the Cincy game. He battled against Cleveland and should have won. The Minnesota game gets discounted for the concussion.

Cinci wasn't remotely a bad game. He carved them up. Destroyed multiple blitzes most QBs would've been screwed on. Remember that Kyle doesn't build in many hot reads for blitzes on his plays, which Kurt Warner had called him out on.

Neither INT was his fault, either. Both were on Kyle for calling a stupid RPO in the redzone and then his retarded "dagger" concept that featured horrible WR spacing that Kurt Warner pointed out.
[ Edited by AirYardsLeader on Nov 12, 2023 at 3:40 PM ]

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Browns are arguably the best defense in football and Purdy still put up what should've been a game-winning drive without CMC, Deebo or a healthy Trent.

Purdy had two bad drives against Minnesota and it's pretty obvious he was concussed those two drives. He was great the rest of that game.

He was good for three quarters against the Bengals, then they had one lucky interception by the DE and it fell apart. And again he was missing Trent Williams and Deebo.

That shaky three-game streak with no Trent/Deebo looks like a massive fluke after today, especially considering he still looked good for 3 quarters in each of the Vikings/Bengals games.

No, the game against Cleveland was bad. He didn't even have 100 yards passing until the final drive when Aiyuk got us into FG range with 25+ yards of YAC.
Originally posted by AirYardsLeader:
One of those interceptions against the Vikings was inaccurate as hell. That is NOT Brock's normal MO. He's generally pretty accurate and ELITE accurate on medium range passes.

This one, for example.

Also to the ridiculous fan boy NoDerpBallSteveYoung who responded to me, this is an errant throw on a play where the guy was open. Fan boys… smh they live in a fantasy world. (Is this Jimmy's racism cousin who claimed Steve had the weakest arm in NFL history?)

Jennings ran the wrong route on that play. Watch JD's film review.

The most ridiculous part about you is that you're so clueless, yet you post with this pretense of being knowledgeable and reasonable.

You couldn't be further from the truth with your QB analyses. You think Trey Lance was good, attempt to nitpick at every apparent Brock mistake as if it proves he's not good enough, whereas apparently Lance is absolutely perfect, pretend that Steve Young and Joe Montana were deep ball merchants with strong arms, etc.

Yeah he has never done any of that. What was your old username before being banned?
  • bud49
  • Veteran
See Brock can't have one good game unless someone is bringing up this kind of sh it. Let Brock be Brock and let Joe be Joe.
"Comparing 49ers QB Brock Purdy to Joe Montana Is 'Accurate'"

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/comparing-49ers-qb-brock-purdy-to-joe-montana-is-accurate/
[ Edited by bud49 on Nov 12, 2023 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seeing how garbo Lamar Jackson looked against Cleveland, I feel a lot better about Brock's performance.

The Browns are legitimately putting one of those historical defenses out there. Prior to today their yards per play allowed was 4.3. The 1985 Bears yards per play allowed was 4.4, and the 2000 Ravens was 4.3.

...and we were a missed field goal away from beating on a Purdy comeback.

Purdy did pretty well on that drive, IIRC, except for one pass. But we were also a drop from Aiyuk from not needing a comeback drive and game winning kick.
Still undefeated when playing with Deebo. I don't think he's Brady or anything but when the talent is around him he's delivered.
Share 49ersWebzone