LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 202 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Shanahan confirmed what we all were thinking. The 1st TD to Aiyuk was a bad decision, the worst of his career so far . But it worked out so I'll take it!

Ditto

And that being said and for all the incredible talent we have I find myself with Aiyuk week after week. And as I've said if the football Gods said you can only keep Deeb or Brandon I'm with Brandon all the way. He's amazing. He and Brock are turning into the dynamic duo. I'd like to see Kyle even push it more in his direction.

But hopefully we won't have to make those decisions in the near future.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Nov 12, 2023 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Brock Favre. Can't denied that looks a lot like The Catch with 2 defenders on him, and still finding Aiyuk in the back of the endzone.

I love the play, despite whatever criticism. That was balls out Purdy, just like I like him
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Montana:
I would take Jeff over Jim
Alex over Kap
Purdy over all of them any day.

Alex and Kap over Jimmy too. If you pair Shaun Hill with Kyle Shanahan he's probably better than Jimmy too.

Alex, not Kap
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Nov 12, 2023 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I'd put Alex on the Garcia/JG tier. Dude was screwed with the HC's and OC's he had, but when he was playing under competent coaching he was every bit as good as those 2. Kap was great before there was film on him, the fact he couldn't process led to his demise.

edit: Any Reid gave us 2 second round picks for Smith and he played great there. No team in history would have given that for Kap or JG for that matter.

Kap was a hometown hero in Reno..l was down the street pretty much from UNR. We all were gooshy over him while on the Wolf Pack. Maybe NFL was too big of a stage for him at times. He just would get frazzled.

Hmm would I pick Kap and Alex over Jimmy? Alex yes, Kap, probably yes lol. Sorry Jimbo lol
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Brock is the QB now not Kap Jimmy Jeff or Shaun Hill or Alex.
YAH'LL think Shanny and Lynch would draft the younger McCaffrey he's there LATE in the 1st Round of the Draft ??
Originally posted by bud49:
Brock is the QB now not Kap Jimmy Jeff or Shaun Hill or Alex.

Lol this haha
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Brock Favre. Can't denied that looks a lot like The Catch with 2 defenders on him, and still finding Aiyuk in the back of the endzone.

I love the play, despite whatever criticism. That was balls out Purdy, just like I like him

Kyle can pound sand too lol. He's such a tight ass.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Shanahan confirmed what we all were thinking. The 1st TD to Aiyuk was a bad decision, the worst of his career so far . But it worked out so I'll take it!

Ditto

And that being said and for all the incredible talent we have I find myself with Aiyuk week after week. And as I've said if the football Gods said you can only keep Deeb or Brandon I'm with Brandon all the way. He's amazing. He and Brock are turning into the dynamic duo. I'd like to see Kyle even push it more in his direction.

But hopefully we won't have to make those decisions in the near future.

Deebo is more unique. Aiyuk is good but he's more standard good. Easier to find an Aiyuk replacement.
Originally posted by Furlow:

I gotta say..you're right on the tight ass part..kinda what I was thinking. Brock..very much not a tight ass but not careless at the same time. Again..I like the play.

I gotta say..you're right on the tight ass part..kinda what I was thinking. Brock..very much not a tight ass but not careless at the same time. Again..I like the play.

KYLE gets mad when his players make plays that it's not his design..

i disagree with kyle, i like the throw, it was thrown to a spot where either aiyuk makes a play or it sails out of bounds. i dont get the criticism
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i disagree with kyle, i like the throw, it was thrown to a spot where either aiyuk makes a play or it sails out of bounds. i dont get the criticism

Yeah idk maybe Kyle needs to rewatch the tape lol

I like off script Brock, it's fun as f**k
Originally posted by 9moon:
KYLE gets mad when his players make plays that it's not his design..

Kyle overthinks probably more than BP
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

It looked like the defender maybe mistimed the jump and could've potentially made a play on the ball. I thought it would've been better to throw it a bit higher.

Still, it was a TD and no defender got a finger on the ball, so it's all a bit nitpicky.
Share 49ersWebzone