LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 151 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
I mean his "worst decision as a Niner?" GTFOH with that nonsense. The INT at the goal line last game was far worse. Many other incompletions, INT's, missed opportunities. This is Kyle's way of extinguishing any hype that his players get. It's absurd and weird. Such a control freak.

Purdy said he agreed

idc though I liked the throw
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 12, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If you're Brock Purdy, that's a bad decision. If you're Pat Mahomes, it's masterful MVP type play. With Kyle's reaction after the game, we know now why he didn't think much of Mahomes during the draft lol

Kyle probably still doesn't like Mahomes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I mean his "worst decision as a Niner?" GTFOH with that nonsense. The INT at the goal line last game was far worse. Many other incompletions, INT's, missed opportunities. This is Kyle's way of extinguishing any hype that his players get. It's absurd and weird. Such a control freak.

Purdy said he agreed

He's not going to show up his coach in public, or anywhere. He takes the bullet for his teammates too. Kyle is a straight a*****e for what he said. Purdy saved his damn career, should be a little more appreciative maybe?
Ya but he needs great players around him to play well

#exposed

Every quarterback has playmakers, its not like they do it alone.
Originally posted by Montana:
Kyle can pound sand too lol. He's such a tight ass.

I gotta say..you're right on the tight ass part..kinda what I was thinking. Brock..very much not a tight ass but not careless at the same time. Again..I like the play.

He said one of his worst decisions, not the worst decision.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Kittle prevented the defender from being able to leap up for it.

You're right
He's not going to show up his coach in public, or anywhere. He takes the bullet for his teammates too. Kyle is a straight a*****e for what he said. Purdy saved his damn career, should be a little more appreciative maybe?

I wouldn't call him an a*****e but his ego got the best of him there I think. It didn't sit well with me
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
That's making assumptions about the play that not even JD can know for sure.
The whole world knew that Brock played poorly those three games, and only racist fan boys like you think otherwise. He built up a lot of capital to get the benefit of the doubt, which is what he has with me. But I'm not going to turn a blind eye when he throws FOUR count em FOUR clutch interceptions in two games. I don't hide from reality, unlike you. He did not play well those games. But he gets the benefit of the doubt because he played like a top 10 QB all the other games.
And here you prove how utterly illiterate you are. I never thought Lance was good. I thought he had potential to BE good, over enough time, but I'm the guy who said, repeatedly, HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY QUARTERBACK AND HE CAN'T PASS THE DAMNED BALL. I said that. Over and over again. What I argued in his defense is that (a) he has the character to improve his passing (which he did, this off-season), and he has the intelligence and character to learn how to play QB (which he has not done yet).
I am the one who said Brock is like Patrick Mahomes in the 12 yard window, AGAIN AND AGAIN. As I said, you lack reading comprehension, or you make ASSumptions about people because you're a fan boy. I've repeatedly said Brock is better than your cousin and/or sexual fantasy Jimmy G. And I've repeatedly said he is a baller who is a lot like Mahomes in that 12-15 yard window.

This is the most asinine thing you've said, other than Steve Young had the weakest arm in NFL history. Over and over I said Lance can't even pass the damned ball. How is that "Lance is absolutely perfect."

And I showed your racist ass Steve dropping deep dimes in our PM argument. And Joe did it too. Neither one of those, and neither does Brock or Jimmy for that matter, have weak arms. Which I attempted numerous times to explain to your slow ass in our PM arguments. Jimmy's problem wasn't ARM STRENGTH, it was MECHANICS on deep passes.

MODS: What are you doing? Why do you keep letting this guy make accounts? IP ban his ass already.
JD knows the playbook. You made the assumption that Brock was just randomly that inaccurate.

Also, like most fans, you don't understand that Brock throws before receivers are even near their break. That takes another level of accuracy from other quarterbacks.

Not sure why you think Mahimes is some standard for 12 yard range. Burrow is the guy for that. Mahomes isn't especially accurate at any range. He's in the same system as Purdy, and Purdy's numbers are way better. Purdy's yards per pass attempt is two full yards better.

Purdy's accuracy is most impressive in the 18-25 yard range, That's where he's throwing dimes.

Those interceptions were only "clutch" because the defense was terrible. Purdy was the only thing allowing those interceptions to be clutch. He kept the team in the games. He carved up the Vikings and Bengals aside from those picks...most of them not his fault anyway.

The team punted just as much in this game, yet scored 34 points and had a chance for more when they tried to force CMC to get the record. That's because the defense didn't suck today and allow the opponent to play keepaway.

You were militantly pro-Lance. You were defending Lance against the true statement that he didn't throw with touch, linking to meaningless college clips.

Nkt only did Lance not know how to throw, but he's a horrible runner. Slower than many offensive lineman. Purdy is much quicker and faster than Lance. Lance skipped the 40 during no combine covid year, and he and his trainer lied to the 49ers and made up GPS claims. I think the 49ers wanted to believe them.

He didn't improve anything. He looks the same as he did as a rookie.

Who has a weaker arm than Steve Young? The guy got laughed at in the quarterback competition distance contests. He couldn't even get the ball to the end zone on that last pick versus the Packers in the 95-96 divisional playoff game.

Keep whining to the mods to ban me. You have to snitch because I keep showing how clueless you are.

Purdy said he agreed

Kyle's comment didn't bother me at all.

I 100% expected it too. It was a really risky throw. To deny that is kinda silly. I'm glad it worked out. It easily could've been picked and we would've been having a different conversation.

All that said, he ultimately praised Purdy and admitted that every quarterback is gonna make throws like that sometimes.
Kyle knows and understands football more than I ever will so if that 1st TD was Purdy's worst decision as a 49er then I'll take his word for it
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Nov 12, 2023 at 5:46 PM ]

Originally posted by Silky:
Look I'm not gonna argue numbers and stats because I'm lazy and don't feel like looking them up. Jeff Garcia was a baller. IIRC he had a couple 30+ TD seasons, a few playoff appearances. He was a very good STARTER for us. He even took the eagles to the playoffs. How do you not remember how good he was? If Garcia was our QB in 2019 at his prime, we win that SB imo. And I always defend and like Jimmy, but Garcia was a little better imo.

Jeff Garcia was so good that he was cut in 2004.

You guys want to talk about Jimmy on the Raiders? Did you ever see Garcia on the Browns or the Lions?

Andy Reid took Garcia to the playoffs, not the other way around.

The 2019 49ers don't sniff a Super Bowl appearance with Garcia bouncing around and throwing balls at players' feet.

Scrappy backup game manager. Jimmy was threading needles on slants in 2019.
You just have to live with Brock's risky throws. You don't put up 30+ by turtling up. Sucks when it doesn't work out but what can you say
Originally posted by OwensRAC:
Jeff Garcia was so good that he was cut in 2004.

You guys want to talk about Jimmy on the Raiders? Did you ever see Garcia on the Browns or the Lions?

Andy Reid took Garcia to the playoffs, not the other way around.

The 2019 49ers don't sniff a Super Bowl appearance with Garcia bouncing around and throwing balls at players' feet.

Scrappy backup game manager. Jimmy was threading needles on slants in 2019.

Jimmy threw like 10 passes combined in 2 playoff wins that year. He was the worst kind of slinger: a conservative slinger where the benefit was minimal
Originally posted by frenchmov:
You just have to live with Brock's risky throws. You don't put up 30+ by turtling up. Sucks when it doesn't work out but what can you say

I don't think any jag besides a tip at the LOS got a hand on any ball, so ya I can live with that

Share 49ersWebzone