LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 270 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdc20:
It's still a little bit surreal to see the last pick of the draft play like that.
The TD to Kittle was a great play. He stayed in the pocket long enough for Kittle to be open.
The only problem the last two games were the TOs. And you could say it's difficult to judge the end of the game at Minnesota after he was hit on the QB sneak.
On this game, he was impressive. Jacksonville is a really good team. They're a tough team to beat in the AFC.
I think it's a testament to what is probably the strenght of Brock Purdy. He's never too high and never too low. He's always living in the present.

Unfortunately for the Jags this was always the outcome. They saw what 3 games of rage and pent up frustration translates to after a bye week. The team and us fans haven't seen a W in nearly 5 weeks real time. It was like two pirate ships lined up across from each other ready to take the other down. Except one had no cannons or archers and the other has all the cannons, a Gatling Gun, the sword from halo, legolas, a Witcher, and good coaching. They never stood a chance
I think the 49ers as a whole needed the bye week. We were playing against fresh teams during our 3-game loss streak and we were just physically tired you can tell

Just shows how important getting the playoff bye week is
"The OL is fine guise!"

Originally posted by ritz126:
I think the 49ers as a whole needed the bye week. We were playing against fresh teams during our 3-game loss streak and we were just physically tired you can tell

Well that and not getting screwed over by NFL scheduling.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by ritz126:

Well that and not getting screwed over by NFL scheduling.

West coast teams are always going to be at a disadvantage because they have to travel to the eastern time zone so often. Just more teams there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"The OL is fine guise!"

Brock Purdy performed amazing considering the pressure he was under and the elite throws he makes game after game. Our defense just made Lawrence look like an average quarterback. I don't think Lawrence is a top 10 qb but Purdy certainly is. We just whipped a team's ass that beat the Chiefs and the bills and were the hottest team in football.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Brock Purdy performed amazing considering the pressure he was under and the elite throws he makes game after game. Our defense just made Lawrence look like an average quarterback. I don't think Lawrence is a top 10 qb but Purdy certainly is. We just whipped a team's ass that beat the Chiefs and the bills and were the hottest team in football.

Imagine if he had a Oline that could keep him clean and give him a little more time.
"The OL is fine guise!"

Some of that was from holding the ball a long time. NGS had his time to throw at 3.07 seconds yesterday, 4th highest in the league. That's almost half a second higher than his season average.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Nov 13, 2023 at 7:16 AM ]
"The OL is fine guise!"

I'd honestly start looking in-house at Manning at RT. I mean you can't really play much worse than McKivitz. Why not see if the kid is an improvement? Then I might try rotating Feliciano and Burford (once Banks is healed) like they did last year with a rotation at RG. Light a fire under Burford or see in Feliciano is a better fit. Man, this line gives me nightmares.
My only gripe - Shannahan needs to grab Purdy's facemask and tell him "Never f******* again" to the dumb falling down try to throw the ball away intentional grounding plays - knock it off.

Otherwise, great game. I'd like to see Purdy rip a couple more deep throws outside the numbers to get defenses to stop just playing the middle crossers so much.

I bet Jags fans are saying imagine what Lawrence could do if he had a decent O line.
The only play I didn't like was the intentional grounding play. Could of been even worse if called as a fumble and the Jags picked up the ball. Got to just take the sack in that situation.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
The only play I didn't like was the intentional grounding play. Could of been even worse if called as a fumble and the Jags picked up the ball. Got to just take the sack in that situation.

That's a tough one for the QB, especially young ones. They never want to get sacked and always are looking to make a play. Eventually they learn that there are worse things than sacks. It's like DBs that grab receivers and get a PI. It's better than a TD is he knows he's beaten.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
My only gripe - Shannahan needs to grab Purdy's facemask and tell him "Never f******* again" to the dumb falling down try to throw the ball away intentional grounding plays - knock it off.

Otherwise, great game. I'd like to see Purdy rip a couple more deep throws outside the numbers to get defenses to stop just playing the middle crossers so much.

Yes more deep throws are needed.. The stellar O-line play gives him plenty of time to hit those.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
"The OL is fine guise!"

Some of that was from holding the ball a long time. NGS had his time to throw at 3.07 seconds yesterday, 4th highest in the league. That's almost half a second higher than his season average.

When he gets the ball out quick, you guys say he's just checking down and the WR's are getting YAC, so he's a system QB. When he takes a bit more time, airs it out, and has a ridiculously high yards per catch and air yards per attempt, you guys say he's holding the ball too long. Stop this madness.
Share 49ersWebzone