LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 277 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HearstFan:
My only gripe - Shannahan needs to grab Purdy's facemask and tell him "Never f******* again" to the dumb falling down try to throw the ball away intentional grounding plays - knock it off.

Otherwise, great game. I'd like to see Purdy rip a couple more deep throws outside the numbers to get defenses to stop just playing the middle crossers so much.

Yeah, he should just eat it at that point. Otherwise, loved his game.
Bot Purdy league leader in YPA, QBR, and Rating
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"The OL is fine guise!"

Brock Purdy performed amazing considering the pressure he was under and the elite throws he makes game after game. Our defense just made Lawrence look like an average quarterback. I don't think Lawrence is a top 10 qb but Purdy certainly is. We just whipped a team's ass that beat the Chiefs and the bills and were the hottest team in football.

I wish they had beat the Chiefs :). They did beat the Bills.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
"The OL is fine guise!"

Some of that was from holding the ball a long time. NGS had his time to throw at 3.07 seconds yesterday, 4th highest in the league. That's almost half a second higher than his season average.

When he gets the ball out quick, you guys say he's just checking down and the WR's are getting YAC, so he's a system QB. When he takes a bit more time, airs it out, and has a ridiculously high yards per catch and air yards per attempt, you guys say he's holding the ball too long. Stop this madness.

I didn't say he was holding it too long, but his pressure rate is going to go up the longer he holds the ball.
I thought he did okay/good. I didn't like that TD throw decision, good result tho. I noticed he missed a TD when they gave a pretty obvious pre snap blitz look, but he didn't get the ball out, think he took a sack. Gotta unload quick when they blitz heavy. He failed to do that 2x that I noticed, and it cost us points. Awesome deep ball, and you talk about the arm talent, he dropped it in the bucket for George, with color in his face, impacting his follow through, that was a gem. Kept it clean, tho with a fat lead and not even playing a full game, that's the expectation imo.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
The only play I didn't like was the intentional grounding play. Could of been even worse if called as a fumble and the Jags picked up the ball. Got to just take the sack in that situation.

It's frustrating, but I think this get coached out of him in time. He still wants to play hero ball a little bit too much. I agree though, I hold my breath expecting the worst every time.
That Cowboys shill Skip Bayless thinks Purdy is the weak link in an otherwise strong 49er team. He predicts he'll throw a lot more INTs now that he's thrown some. He's another national writer that jst can't get over the fact that Purdy doesn't have an arm like Mahomes or feet like Fields. Just being efficient and accurate isn't enough for them.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That Cowboys shill Skip Bayless thinks Purdy is the weak link in an otherwise strong 49er team. He predicts he'll throw a lot more INTs now that he's thrown some. He's another national writer that jst can't get over the fact that Purdy doesn't have an arm like Mahomes or feet like Fields. Just being efficient and accurate isn't enough for them.

Skip Bayless makes money by holding inflammatory opinions.
"The OL is fine guise!"

They were "unthreatening" pressures,....says our resident expert.

When he gets the ball out quick, you guys say he's just checking down and the WR's are getting YAC, so he's a system QB. When he takes a bit more time, airs it out, and has a ridiculously high yards per catch and air yards per attempt, you guys say he's holding the ball too long. Stop this madness.

He had a few bad games,...consecutively.

Deebo back and Trent back and he got back to having a good game as usual.

Don't make any more of it,...lol.
"The OL is fine guise!"

Some of that was from holding the ball a long time. NGS had his time to throw at 3.07 seconds yesterday, 4th highest in the league. That's almost half a second higher than his season average.

I didn't say he was holding it too long, but his pressure rate is going to go up the longer he holds the ball.
you can't say anything about Purdy unless it's over the top praise for Purdy -Furlow
Originally posted by walker807:

Purdy throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by random49er:
"The OL is fine guise!"

They were "unthreatening" pressures,....says our resident expert.

🤣
Posting again..cause I just can't get enough 🎶

Share 49ersWebzone