LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 262 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm not a big fan of critiquing any QB in a win, and as you know I defended Jimmy a lot for those exact games/throws. I think he did enough to beat the Cowboys and even the Chiefs in the Super Bowl; plenty of blame to go around there.

What Purdy has revealed though, is that Jimmy's limitations (whether they are physical or mental) were holding back the potential of Kyle's system. Kyle NEEDS a QB like Purdy who is willing and able to push the limits of the structure and know when to operate outside of it. The offense is unlocked, clearly. To then criticize that very aspect of his game, and say that he should eliminate it - is insane to me. As that is the very thing that was missing from Jimmy's game.

And yes, when you add in the fact that he's young and much less experienced than Jimmy, should afford him that much more leeway to make mistakes and see just how far he can push the limits that I described.

It wasn't just a lack of out of structure ability or scrambling ability that limited the offense here under Jimmy. It was failure to read and process defenses, poor field vision, spotty accuracy, bad decision making… within the structure of the offense.

We want Brock to bring playmaking elements outside of structure in this offense. There's a hell of a lot more than just the example of yesterday, which we generally, in almost every case, do not want. Got away with it and got a good result. Let's not do it again outside of necessity.

Spot on.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by thl408:
His spray chart for JAC looks like an inverse of a typical Kyle passing offense.

Maybe it looked the way it tended to look for all these years because Jimmy G was the quarterback?

maybe one day people will stop comparing brock to jimmy

That won't happen for a few years. Once Brock surpasses a certain level all memory of Jimmy will fade, just like all memory of the One Ring faded over the eons in Middle Earth.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Colin Cowherd with the "he didn't make any particularly difficult throws"

lol do these guys ever watch the games?

Did he really say that? Brock made more difficult throws yesterday than he probably has in any other game in his career. That's reflected in his career high PFF grade for the game as PFF tends to reward making higher difficulty plays.

The throw to Kittle was elite difficulty. That throw would have been great from a clean pocket, as was said by the commentator. To make that throw whilst the pocket is crushing you, while also having pump faked to move the safety, is nothing short of elite. Period.
That won't happen for a few years. Once Brock surpasses a certain level all memory of Jimmy will fade, just like all memory of the One Ring faded over the eons in Middle Earth.

its frustrating cuz brock is so much better

Did he really say that? Brock made more difficult throws yesterday than he probably has in any other game in his career. That's reflected in his career high PFF grade for the game as PFF tends to reward making higher difficulty plays.

The throw to Kittle was elite difficulty. That throw would have been great from a clean pocket, as was said by the commentator. To make that throw whilst the pocket is crushing you, while also having pump faked to move the safety, is nothing short of elite. Period.

the kid has a plethora of pinatas in his pantalones!

LOL this is genius.

Thanks, maybe I will use it again during the holiday games:) lol
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

the kid has a plethora of pinatas in his pantalones!

Maybe all this condescending comments about Brock is actually a good thing. Stay under the radar, stay humble, stay underdog, always have that chip on the shoulder, right?
I know what I see but the game thread told me that Minshew was better and two guys have eagle fan friends that say we need a better qb.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
I know what I see but the game thread told me that Minshew was better and two guys have eagle fan friends that say we need a better qb.

Minshew is a fine QB2
I wouldn't want him as a QB1
tell your Eagle fans they need a better team, for what's coming

SF > PHI
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

See? Now you are catching on.

This guy?

think I have seen this guy before

[ Edited by Montana on Nov 13, 2023 at 4:49 PM ]

Tell Brock he's too short to see over the linemen in the NFL
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Lol, man that camera angle..the throw looks even more elite *sheesh* 🥵
Originally posted by Montana:

Lol, man that camera angle..the throw looks even more elite *sheesh* 🥵

God, it almost looks like his throwing arm was hit too...or he would have overthrown Kittle by 10 yards flat footed. Ha
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 13, 2023 at 5:09 PM ]
After the Ambry Thomas TD taken away. It was 3rd and 9 about to be 3&out, Brock dropped a dime to Aiyuk on the right sideline with 2 defenders on him. No margin for errors. Most underrated throw by Brock of the game.

I remember that play when it happened, it was huge. Can't go 3 and out after that debacle of a TD we reversed. Especially since we didn't score on the previous turnovers.

Great play. I still think that the TD throw to kittle was the most impressive, because he was under so much pressure. But both were awesome plays and huge.
Share 49ersWebzone