LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 191 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Nope. 1v1 no safety help. Throw it up and let Kittle do the rest

like I said there have been a lot more difficult throws made, a lot more

Fair enough. Stand corrected. I very much disagree lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To 49AllTheTime, that play showed an absolutely elite understanding of what the defense was doing, top of the line vision. That's QBing at it's absolute best, my dude. And throw itself was elite.

I think he had to be referencing the 1st TD, not the Kittle one. Probably (hopefully) just a mistake.*

LOL
To 49AllTheTime, that play showed an absolutely elite understanding of what the defense was doing, top of the line vision. That's QBing at it's absolute best, my dude. And throw itself was elite.

I think he had to be referencing the 1st TD, not the Kittle one. Probably (hopefully) just a mistake.*

Totally Agree

That is not a knock on Purdy, that was a good throw....but Purdy has made some insane throws...

Purdy has layered some throws over LBers and under the secondary that are jaw dropping. He has thrown pin point throws to the middle of the field, BEFORE his WR has made a break on the rout...before the dude has even crossed the Hash....

A go rout to Kittle is great, but not even close to Purdy's best throw.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

LOL

Originally posted by Dshearn:

Totally Agree

That is not a knock on Purdy, that was a good throw....but Purdy has made some insane throws...

Purdy has layered some throws over LBers and under the secondary that are jaw dropping. He has thrown pin point throws to the middle of the field, BEFORE his WR has made a break on the rout...before the dude has even crossed the Hash....

This guy actually watches Purdy throw ^^
Totally Agree

What is BP's best throw to you?
Originally posted by Montana:
Totally Agree

What is BP's best throw to you?

I would have to search twitter or YouTube to find it...but he had a deeper throw to the boundary that he put in-between underneath coverage and over the top coverage and had a small window to fit it...and he dropped it in perfectly. VERY difficult throw you just dont see that often.... ill see if I can find it.
I would have to search twitter or YouTube to find it...but he had a deeper throw to the boundary that he put in-between underneath coverage and over the top coverage and had a small window to fit it...and he dropped it in perfectly. VERY difficult throw you just dont see that often.... ill see if I can find it.

Probably didn't have a defender in his lap. To stand in there and be willing to take that shot, get crushed and not be able to follow through, and drop it perfectly into a receiver's breadbasket allowing him to continue running… absolutely a great pass and play.
Brock Purdy's rankings on 20+ yard passes.

Completion%- 1st (66.7%)
Yards- 4th (568)
YPA- 2nd (18.9)
TD's- 3rd (6)
FD's- 1st (20)
PR- 2nd (135.4)

Top 5 in all categories but has only attempted the 18th most (30) passes of 20+ yards. He also has only thrown 1 INT which is ranked 31st lowest.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock Purdy's rankings on 20+ yard passes.

Completion%- 1st (66.7%)
Yards- 4th (568)
YPA- 2nd (18.9)
TD's- 3rd (6)
FD's- 1st (20)
PR- 2nd (135.4)

Top 5 in all categories but has only attempted the 18th most (30) passes of 20+ yards. He also has only thrown 1 INT which is ranked 31st lowest.

That alone has made the offense so much better from where it was.

Kyle doesn't like.throwing downfield tho
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 13, 2023 at 6:36 PM ]

Probably didn't have a defender in his lap. To stand in there and be willing to take that shot, get crushed and not be able to follow through, and drop it perfectly into a receiver's breadbasket allowing him to continue running… absolutely a great pass and play.
Lol come on, there was no threat on the kittle TD, plus someone posted that his arm was hit during the throw. I haven't seen a close replay if it did

elite throws are difficult throws that leave no margin for error
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 13, 2023 at 6:41 PM ]

Lol come on, there was no threat on the kittle TD

i can see both sides, now Kittle one on one downfield vs a LB with a step, that's a layup, but the ball was perfect, and he had color right in his face, couldn't hardly follow through, pretty easy throw decision, but elite ball, it was perfect, dropped it in the bucket

I honestly have no idea what you mean 'no threat'. If you're saying that's an easy throw with a clean pocket from an arm strength perspective specifically I'd agree.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i can see both sides, now Kittle one on one downfield vs a LB with a step, that's a layup, but the ball was perfect, and he had color right in his face, couldn't hardly follow through, pretty easy throw decision, but elite ball, it was perfect, dropped it in the bucket

And to me color in his face undersells it. He got outright hit and it was perfectly accurate.

I honestly have no idea what you mean 'no threat'. If you're saying that's an easy throw with a clean pocket from an arm strength perspective specifically I'd agree.

i read that as no threat over the top, Kittle was open
the challenge was the rush, and being impacted on the throw, and the throw was perfect
Share 49ersWebzone