LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 194 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Lol come on, there was no threat on the kittle TD, plus someone posted that his arm was hit during the throw. I haven't seen a close replay if it did

elite throws are difficult throws that leave no margin for error

Yea you should watch that play again. JTO highlighted it and that vid is a page or two back. He took a hit.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Elite throws
:53 3rd and 8 dart to Jennings for a 1st down
1:03 3rd and short, long TD to Kittle
1:22 3rd and 9 lazer to Aiyuk on the deep out/comeback

Honorable mention
:43 1st and 10 over the middle to Aiyuk in between defenders
1:37 2nd and 9 over the middle to Kittle in between defenders
*both times using his eyes to move the LB to open a passing window

Rest of the video is very solid. All but a couple of these are chunk plays picking up 1st downs. "Ok/good" lol what on earth, bro.

this is a good effort, things to work on also
he got beat 2x at least by the blitz, and it took pts off the board imo, he had a guy hand raised for a TD iirc
also the decision KS said rightly was not the best decision (or even said it was his worst decision, not sure the exact wording), sometimes you get a lil lucky on those, or you make your own luck with a good throw, on a bad decision

Lolz
dude what are you talking about…
you trying to get a rise out of people in the opposite direction now I see lol
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Lol come on, there was no threat on the kittle TD

I honestly have no idea what you mean 'no threat'. If you're saying that's an easy throw with a clean pocket from an arm strength perspective specifically I'd agree.

i read that as no threat over the top, Kittle was open
the challenge was the rush, and being impacted on the throw, and the throw was perfect

that TD to Kittle was I feel a little bit of Purdy learning and Kyle scheming. If you look at a different angle his first pump was clearly going to Aiyuk, luckily he didn't throw it(Learning Process) the safety bit on it too thinking Purdy would throw it to Aiyuk, which then cleared Kittle on that wheel route and him 1v1 and he beats him. Purdy then double clutched it to Kittle. I think Kyle maybe had told Purdy to hit Kittle since he prolly knew the safety would bite on AIyuk since Purdy's been hitting the Middle of the field a lot lately. Anywho thats just my 2 cents and I could be completely wrong lol.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 13, 2023 at 6:49 PM ]
Lol come on, there was no threat on the kittle TD, plus someone posted that his arm was hit during the throw. I haven't seen a close replay if it did

Yea you should watch that play again. JTO highlighted it and that vid is a page or two back. He took a hit.
Arm was hit? How can that be considered a great throw if his arm was hit while throwing?

even if it wasn't hit, still.. It not Purdy's best throw in his career
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
that TD to Kittle was I feel a little bit of Purdy learning and Kyle scheming. If you look at a different angle his first pump was clearly going to Aiyuk, luckily he didn't throw it(Learning Process) the safety bit on it too thinking Purdy would throw it to Aiyuk, which then cleared Kittle on that wheel route and him 1v1 and he beats him. Purdy then double clutched it to Kittle. I think Kyle maybe had to Purdy to hit Kittle since he prolly knew the safety would bite on AIyuk since Purdy's been hitting the Middle of the field a lot lately. Anywho thats just my 2 cents and I could be completely wrong lol.

I believe Purdy said the play was predetermined to go to Kittle but I didn't hear it myself. When JTO broke the play down he thought it was a legitimate decision to turn down Aiyuk and go to Kittle instead (which would be against what Purdy apparently said).

He didn't double clutch in Kittle's direction in either case. He was occupying a middle defender on Aiyuk's route.
Arm was hit? How can that be considered a great throw if his arm was hit while throwing?

It was on the follow through. And he effectively had no space to get that throw off.

Whether you want to say it was the best or not is whatever. It's without question one of the best.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
that TD to Kittle was I feel a little bit of Purdy learning and Kyle scheming. If you look at a different angle his first pump was clearly going to Aiyuk, luckily he didn't throw it(Learning Process) the safety bit on it too thinking Purdy would throw it to Aiyuk, which then cleared Kittle on that wheel route and him 1v1 and he beats him. Purdy then double clutched it to Kittle. I think Kyle maybe had to Purdy to hit Kittle since he prolly knew the safety would bite on AIyuk since Purdy's been hitting the Middle of the field a lot lately. Anywho thats just my 2 cents and I could be completely wrong lol.

I believe Purdy said the play was predetermined to go to Kittle but I didn't hear it myself. When JTO broke the play down he thought it was a legitimate decision to turn down Aiyuk and go to Kittle instead (which would be against what Purdy apparently said).

He didn't double clutch in Kittle's direction in either case. He was occupying a middle defender on Aiyuk's route.

I didnt mean double clutch, bad use of it. I meant he pulled back and didnt throw to Aiyuk instead threw it to Kittle instead so it kinda looked like a double clutch lol.

It was on the follow through. And he effectively had no space to get that throw off.

Whether you want to say it was the best or not is whatever. It's without question one of the best.
What's a better throw, throwing a football through a tire hanging off a tree or hitting the tree?
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Montana:
Totally Agree

That is not a knock on Purdy, that was a good throw....but Purdy has made some insane throws...

Purdy has layered some throws over LBers and under the secondary that are jaw dropping. He has thrown pin point throws to the middle of the field, BEFORE his WR has made a break on the rout...before the dude has even crossed the Hash....

A go rout to Kittle is great, but not even close to Purdy's best throw.

What is BP's best throw to you?

I would have to search twitter or YouTube to find it...but he had a deeper throw to the boundary that he put in-between underneath coverage and over the top coverage and had a small window to fit it...and he dropped it in perfectly. VERY difficult throw you just dont see that often.... ill see if I can find it.

I started going week by week hoping to find it...I am looking for one to BA...but here is an example of a layered throw to kittle....I think this is more difficult then a go rout

10:50ish

[video][/video]
Originally posted by Montana:
Totally Agree

That is not a knock on Purdy, that was a good throw....but Purdy has made some insane throws...

Purdy has layered some throws over LBers and under the secondary that are jaw dropping. He has thrown pin point throws to the middle of the field, BEFORE his WR has made a break on the rout...before the dude has even crossed the Hash....

A go rout to Kittle is great, but not even close to Purdy's best throw.

What is BP's best throw to you?

I would have to search twitter or YouTube to find it...but he had a deeper throw to the boundary that he put in-between underneath coverage and over the top coverage and had a small window to fit it...and he dropped it in perfectly. VERY difficult throw you just dont see that often.... ill see if I can find it.

I started going week by week hoping to find it...I am looking for one to BA...but here is an example of a layered throw to kittle....I think this is more difficult then a go rout

10:50ish

[video][/video]
Easily better than the TD, and there so many more.. so many
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 13, 2023 at 7:00 PM ]

Easily better than the TD, and there so many more

Not at all, lol. That's a timing route with as clean a pocket as can be where he shows good accuracy and anticipation.

I also don't even remotely understand your tree question. Describing that play as simply hitting a go route or 'throwing it up' is nuts.
Originally posted by Patton:
HOLY SMOKES!!!

This group must be 100% lawyers in real life because it seems like you guys love to argue

Or a bunch of women

Not at all, lol. That's a timing route with as clean a pocket as can be where he shows good accuracy and anticipation.

I also don't even remotely understand your tree question. Describing that play as simply hitting a go route or 'throwing it up' is nuts.
You don't know what's a better throw between throwing a football through a tire or just hitting the tree that the tire is hanging from?

Purdy exactly did just throw it up, no room to step up , couldn't hold it any longer.. had to get rid of it. No safety help or other DBs in the area. Just need to give kittle a chance

that throw vs the giants is ten times better

that is a tight window throw, in stride between two defenders with the only passing lane over the top.....that is GREAT accuracy....

That go to Kittle is a good throw...but it is an easier throw one on one outside with a bigger window.

We see plays like the kittle go rout in the NFL all the time, you dont see nearly as many tight window, in stride layered throws.
Did he also get contact on his face mask before making the Kittle throw? Dayum.
Share 49ersWebzone