LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 174 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
To 49AllTheTime, that play showed an absolutely elite understanding of what the defense was doing, top of the line vision. That's QBing at it's absolute best, my dude. And throw itself was elite.

I think he had to be referencing the 1st TD, not the Kittle one. Probably (hopefully) just a mistake.*
Nope. 1v1 no safety help. Throw it up and let Kittle do the rest

like I said there have been a lot more difficult throws made, a lot more

Again, I must disagree, on account of the fact that (a) the pocket was squeezing him, forcing him to not be able to put his legs into the throw, and (b) it appears (and JTO suggests this might be the case) that he was about to throw it to Aiyuk and at the last second saw the potential for a huge gain, turned down the throw to Aiyuk, and flung it to Kittle.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
To 49AllTheTime, that play showed an absolutely elite understanding of what the defense was doing, top of the line vision. That's QBing at it's absolute best, my dude. And throw itself was elite.

I think he had to be referencing the 1st TD, not the Kittle one. Probably (hopefully) just a mistake.*

Totally Agree

That is not a knock on Purdy, that was a good throw....but Purdy has made some insane throws...

Purdy has layered some throws over LBers and under the secondary that are jaw dropping. He has thrown pin point throws to the middle of the field, BEFORE his WR has made a break on the rout...before the dude has even crossed the Hash....

A go rout to Kittle is great, but not even close to Purdy's best throw.

But what about in a collapsing pocket where the middle is getting squeezed and he can't even step into the throw, or even follow through completely with his release?

Again, I must disagree, on account of the fact that (a) the pocket was squeezing him, forcing him to not be able to put his legs into the throw, and (b) it appears (and JTO suggests this might be the case) that he was about to throw it to Aiyuk and at the last second saw the potential for a huge gain, turned down the throw to Aiyuk, and flung it to Kittle.

credit to Mr Att for giving us a topic for the week, until the next game
You don't know what's a better throw between throwing a football through a tire or just hitting the tree that the tire is hanging from?

Purdy exactly did just throw it up, no room to step up , couldn't hold it any longer.. had to get rid of it. No safety help or other DBs in the area. Just need to give kittle a chance

that throw vs the giants is ten times better

I understood what you were asking, just not in the context of this particular play. It makes zero sense as an analogy in this case.

Watch JTO's breakdown of the play. Don't take my word for it. 'As good as you will see'…. If that's not enough watch the plethora of other breakdowns available. That throw Dshearn cited is nice, but not on this level.
I started going week by week hoping to find it...I am looking for one to BA...but here is an example of a layered throw to kittle....I think this is more difficult then a go rout

10:50ish

[video][/video]

That was sexy for sure.
You don't know what's a better throw between throwing a football through a tire or just hitting the tree that the tire is hanging from?

Purdy exactly did just throw it up, no room to step up , couldn't hold it any longer.. had to get rid of it. No safety help or other DBs in the area. Just need to give kittle a chance

I understood what you were asking, just not in the context of this particular play. It makes zero sense as an analogy in this case.

Watch JTO's breakdown of the play. Don't take my word for it. 'As good as you will see'…. If that's not enough watch the plethora of other breakdowns available. That throw Dshearn cited is nice, but not on this level.
My point is is it harder to throw at a tree or through the tire

cause the TD was throw it in an area (at a tree) and not throw it through a tire (a dime)

lol

my dude

How awesome is it to debate outstanding throws by a young phenom QB .....we have come a loooonnnnggggggg way since the Tim Rattay early Alex smith days.......

cause the TD was throw it in an area (at a tree) and not throw it through a tire (a dime)

You're just mistaken. Pretty much on every thing about that play. He did not just throw it up because he didn't have time. You also didn't realize he was hit. And while Kittle may have been able to make a play on an inaccurate ball because it was one on one, he didn't need to because it was extremely accurate (through the tire).

I'd say it's harder to throw to a tree when you're getting hit, off balance, and can't follow through than to throw through a tire when you have a clean pocket.
Still had some iffy plays here and there... but then would make some amazing throw/play.

Again just chopping it up to him learning on the fly as a youngster.

Love his confidence.

lol

my dude

How awesome is it to debate outstanding throws by a young phenom QB .....we have come a loooonnnnggggggg way since the Tim Rattay early Alex smith days.......

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Still had some iffy plays here and there... but then would make some amazing throw/play.

Love his confidence.

As long as the iffy plays don't escalate or hurt the team too much, and as long as he keeps learning, I think the great plays will continue to far outweigh them.
lol

my dude

QB debates are always fun because most people put too much important on the position, while also not understanding it.

Not saying that applies in this case (not taking a shot) but it's generally true.

Love his confidence.

As long as the iffy plays don't escalate or hurt the team too much, and as long as he keeps learning, I think the great plays will continue to far outweigh them.

Yup... I don't mind an int early in a game as long as he gets at least 2TD drives out of it. Love putting the defense on edge.

Love his confidence.

As long as he doesn't turn into Josh Allen, we'll be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone