LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Josh Allen with 11 INT's in 10 games.

We all know how much criticism Purdy would be getting
Josh Allen with these weapons....
I think Purdy is currently a 3:1 td to int ratio with 15tds and 5 ints, someone fact check me on that though I could be wrong.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think Purdy is currently a 3:1 td to int ratio with 15tds and 5 ints, someone fact check me on that though I could be wrong.

That's correct.
Originally posted by random49er:

With a run game and top scheme. Would be insane.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

if not BP who would be the ideal QB for Kyle
past or present
I might say, Elway
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
past or present
I might say, Elway

Elway would be unreal. Josh Allen/Herbert in that same mold.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You don't know what's a better throw between throwing a football through a tire or just hitting the tree that the tire is hanging from?

Purdy exactly did just throw it up, no room to step up , couldn't hold it any longer.. had to get rid of it. No safety help or other DBs in the area. Just need to give kittle a chance

that throw vs the giants is ten times better

I understood what you were asking, just not in the context of this particular play. It makes zero sense as an analogy in this case.

Watch JTO's breakdown of the play. Don't take my word for it. 'As good as you will see'…. If that's not enough watch the plethora of other breakdowns available. That throw Dshearn cited is nice, but not on this level.
My point is is it harder to throw at a tree or through the tire

cause the TD was throw it in an area (at a tree) and not throw it through a tire (a dime)

I'd say it's harder to throw to a tree when you're getting hit, off balance, and can't follow through than to throw through a tire when you have a clean pocket.
any one of us can throw at an area and get hit, none of us and most Pro QBs can throw a layered dime between defenders in a clean pocket
Originally posted by Dshearn:
lol

my dude

How awesome is it to debate outstanding throws by a young phenom QB .....we have come a loooonnnnggggggg way since the Tim Rattay early Alex smith days.......

Lol was just thinking, if this is the debate of the week..we are in pretty fking good shape lol. Sure beats b***hing about Wilks, he is safe this week lol

That run game was averaging 7.1 YPC in the first half. They currently have 118 yards on 20 carries and a TD. Allen has an elite WR to throw to and a top notch defense. He turned the ball over 3 times in the first half.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

That's correct.

nice, I think thats pretty good overall.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

past or present
I might say, Elway

Montana before the bad back hands down.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
That run game was averaging 7.1 YPC in the first half. They currently have 118 yards on 20 carries and a TD. Allen has an elite WR to throw to and a top notch defense. He turned the ball over 3 times in the first half.

They're playing the Broncos, who almost assuredly put zero emphasis on defending that run game.

The Bills offense with Allen is similar in a lot of ways to the Manning Colts or the Rodgers Packers… even though the quarterbacks play the position differently. Only one way to be successful for all of them, and that is their QB dominating the game with some exception here and there.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
You don't know what's a better throw between throwing a football through a tire or just hitting the tree that the tire is hanging from?

Purdy exactly did just throw it up, no room to step up , couldn't hold it any longer.. had to get rid of it. No safety help or other DBs in the area. Just need to give kittle a chance

that throw vs the giants is ten times better

I understood what you were asking, just not in the context of this particular play. It makes zero sense as an analogy in this case.

Watch JTO's breakdown of the play. Don't take my word for it. 'As good as you will see'…. If that's not enough watch the plethora of other breakdowns available. That throw Dshearn cited is nice, but not on this level.
My point is is it harder to throw at a tree or through the tire

cause the TD was throw it in an area (at a tree) and not throw it through a tire (a dime)

I'd say it's harder to throw to a tree when you're getting hit, off balance, and can't follow through than to throw through a tire when you have a clean pocket.
any one of us can throw at an area and get hit, none of us and most Pro QBs can throw a layered dime between defenders in a clean pocket

Every pass is throwing to an area. Passes that require a particular arc are difficult, but passes while getting smacked are more difficult. You see way more picks when a QB is hit than when he's feathering in a dove.

EDIT: I just realized I'm in an argument with someone about whether or not throwing while getting hit is harder than throwing a touch pass between two defenders, and my brain said:

[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 13, 2023 at 10:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone