QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ewww Elway lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by random49er:
Josh Allen with these weapons....

With a run game and top scheme. Would be insane.

if not BP who would be the ideal QB for Kyle
past or present
I might say, Elway

Montana before the bad back hands down.

yeah take your pick of uber gifted QBs....

Shanny 2.0 made Mullins look like Dan Marino for stretches...what could he have done with Jeff George....what about Mike Vick?

There always the Farve, Elway, Cunningham, Rodgers of the world...moderate to elite mobility with absolute cannons.

Want a guy elite at high/low reads and ball placement with tier A+ release...what about Warren Moon. First guy who I saw that really lived off the back shoulder throws before that was a common term. Absolute elite ball placement.

If I got my fantasy pick from rookie to retirement... I am going Warren Moon. We get a ton of touch like Purdy, we get the quick release like Jimmy G, and we get a tad more cannon for tight window then Purdy.

Dude could have erased Dan Marino from the record books.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
yeah take your pick of uber gifted QBs....

Shanny 2.0 made Mullins look like Dan Marino for stretches...what could he have done with Jeff George....what about Mike Vick?

There always the Farve, Elway, Cunningham, Rodgers of the world...moderate to elite mobility with absolute cannons.

Want a guy elite at high/low reads and ball placement with tier A+ release...what about Warren Moon. First guy who I saw that really lived off the back shoulder throws before that was a common term. Absolute elite ball placement.

If I got my fantasy pick from rookie to retirement... I am going Warren Moon. We get a ton of touch like Purdy, we get the quick release like Jimmy G, and we get a tad more cannon for tight window then Purdy.

Dude could have erased Dan Marino from the record books.

now this is a real post
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Tell Brock he's too short to see over the linemen in the NFL

Lol, man that camera angle..the throw looks even more elite *sheesh* 🥵

God, it almost looks like his throwing arm was hit too...or he would have overthrown Kittle by 10 yards flat footed. Ha

His arm was hit. He bumped that elbow on the guy's helmet. I held my breath.
Elway would be unreal.

Pass.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Pass.

Lol. I know.
Pass.

I knew you would show up to agree with me lol
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
His arm was hit. He bumped that elbow on the guy's helmet. I held my breath.

I think BP's face mask was brushed by a defender, as mentioned in this breakdown vid, watch in the slow mo as the guy's hand is going towards his face just before the release.

[ Edited by Montana on Nov 13, 2023 at 8:49 PM ]
Elway would be unreal.

Pass.

when you get any QB in all of history to pair with Shanny.... Elway is not my top guy.

Could Elway be unreal? Heck yeah he could...lord knows Bill Walsh wanted to replace Montana with him.....but you get ANY QB in history to choose from.

There are so many QBs that never had a great OC or great line or great weapons.

Shanny would help temper so many of the mental errors that plagued QBs. Farve is my favorite example. Hologrim Farve versus Gun-slinger Farve....coaching matters. So many QBs would be better for sure.

We probably saw the best version of Montana, so we know what that looks like. Would we see the best version of Elway...probably....

But when you get to pick ANY QB in history.....

nah, I am going Warren Moon...

He has what Shanny wants in the processing his Time Till Throw was in the low 2 second mark due to the Run and Shoot, dude reads fast and reacts fast. Absolute elite ball placement, hella catchable balls, velocity on demand and he turned no-body WRs into weapons. Oh...and an IRON MAN that will be there down in and down out for decades.

Shanny 2.0 and Warren Moon, we end his career as the most decorated passer in the history of the NFL.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
when you get any QB in all of history to pair with Shanny.... Elway is not my top guy.

Could Elway be unreal? Heck yeah he could...lord knows Bill Walsh wanted to replace Montana with him.....but you get ANY QB in history to choose from.

There are so many QBs that never had a great OC or great line or great weapons.

Shanny would help temper so many of the mental errors that plagued QBs. Farve is my favorite example. Hologrim Farve versus Gun-slinger Farve....coaching matters. So many QBs would be better for sure.

We probably saw the best version of Montana, so we know what that looks like. Would we see the best version of Elway...probably....

But when you get to pick ANY QB in history.....

nah, I am going Warren Moon...

He has what Shanny wants in the processing his Time Till Throw was in the low 2 second mark due to the Run and Shoot, dude reads fast and reacts fast. Absolute elite ball placement, hella catchable balls, velocity on demand and he turned no-body WRs into weapons. Oh...and an IRON MAN that will be there down in and down out for decades.

Shanny 2.0 and Warren Moon, we end his career as the most decorated passer in the history of the NFL.

To clarify, Elway wouldn't be my top choice. He'd be awesome though. He was really good in an early version of this system well past his prime.

Favre would be pretty enticing. Might just go Rodgers.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Elway would be unreal.

Pass.

Same.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by random49er:
Josh Allen with these weapons....

With a run game and top scheme. Would be insane.

That run game was averaging 7.1 YPC in the first half. They currently have 118 yards on 20 carries and a TD. Allen has an elite WR to throw to and a top notch defense. He turned the ball over 3 times in the first half.

These dudes just swear that physical talent is all that matters. Same guys that thought Jim Drunkenmiller was going to be a stud.
Originally posted by Furlow:
These dudes just swear that physical talent is all that matters. Same guys that thought Jim Drunkenmiller was going to be a stud.

Spent all offseason arguing that elite arm strength is a luxury and not a necessity in the context of what our current team should do at the QB position (commit to Purdy), but go off.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Spent all offseason arguing that elite arm strength is a luxury and not a necessity in the context of what our current team should do at the QB position (commit to Purdy), but go off.

Right. And now after a half season of elite QB play from Purdy, they are still on their knees for a guy like Allen with a two cent head who makes terrible decisions every game.
Right. And now after a half season of elite QB play from Purdy, they are still on their knees for a guy like Allen with a two cent head who makes terrible decisions every game.

I was speaking for myself as I was grouped in your comment. I certainly don't think physical talent is all that matters, but I also understand how much situation can impact a QB's job.
Share 49ersWebzone