There are 386 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Brock Purdy.

2329 yards / 9 games = 258.78 yards a game.
15 TD's / 9 games = 1.67.
5 INT's / 9 games = 0.56.
Rating = 109.9.
Rushing = 107 yards / 9 games = 11.89.
Rushing TD's = 2 / 9 games = 0.22

17 game projection. Numbers rounded to the nearest whole number. .49 and below the lower number. .50 and higher the higher number.

4,399 yards.
28 TD's.
10 INT's.
109.9 Rating.
202 yards rushing.
4 rushing TD's.

That's a pro bowl and fringe MVP level, which is what he's playing like. Opinions of him nationally are still slow, but the season is long. More and more performances like Sunday will convince people.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Brock Purdy.

Rating = 109.9.

17 game projection. Numbers rounded to the nearest whole number. .49 and below the lower number. .50 and higher the higher number.

4,399 yards.
28 TD's.
10 INT's.
109.9 Rating.
202 yards rushing.
4 rushing TD's.

That's a pro bowl and fringe MVP level, which is what he's playing like. Opinions of him nationally are still slow, but the season is long. More and more performances like Sunday will convince people.

PB yes, MVP, that's not gonna be easy. Those look like Kirk C annual numbers,
I actually like CMC more as a MVP candidate, he's unlocked what we do, run and pass, set or tied a very long NFL record
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 14, 2023 at 11:04 AM ]
Brock Purdy.

Rating = 109.9.

4,399 yards.
28 TD's.
10 INT's.
109.9 Rating.
202 yards rushing.
4 rushing TD's.

That's very, very good for a 2nd year player IMO. Certainly the best QB we had in 20+ years. I don't think there is any doubt about that.
Brock Purdy.

Rating = 109.9.

4,399 yards.
28 TD's.
10 INT's.
109.9 Rating.
202 yards rushing.
4 rushing TD's.

Pro Bowl seems likely. I don't know who else in the NFC would even be in the discussion besides Dak, Hurts, and maybe Goff. No chance of MVP.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I actually think this conversation should shed some light on the fact that QB play in the NFL is really low currently. I like to put QBs in tiers and try to avoid labels like elite and what not. But to me, tier 1 only has Patrick Mahomes in it. He is so far and away better than any other QB, that putting someone else in his tier is almost an insult to him.

I normally agree that you can throw a group of players in the elite category, and that they dont need to be as good as one another to be considered elite. I just think in today's NFL, there really isnt anyone other than Mahomes that I would consider elite currently. Not Burrow, not Hurts, not Allen, etc.

My thoughts exactly.

x3
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Brock Purdy.

Rating = 109.9.

4,399 yards.
28 TD's.
10 INT's.
109.9 Rating.
202 yards rushing.
4 rushing TD's.

Pro Bowl seems likely. I don't know who else in the NFC would even be in the discussion besides Dak, Hurts, and maybe Goff. No chance of MVP.

MVP

If he can collect three game winning drives to finish the season then I think he's in the discussion. If we blow everyone out and win by big numbers then he's out.

if he fails on those game winning drives, he's out.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
MVP

If he can collect three game winning drives to finish the season then I think he's in the discussion. If we blow everyone out and win by big numbers then he's out.

if he fails on those game winning drives, he's out.

MVP is kinda silly, a kicker won, but no WR has ever won. Rice had 23 TDs in a 12 game strike year, and didn't win. They gave it to a QB Elway with 17 TD passes. So it's a bit of a joke imo. In today's game, MVP boils down to QB of the Year award. They should split it out and have a legit QB of the year award, and a separate non QB, NFL MVP. I think CMC would be the non QB MVP.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I actually like CMC more as a MVP candidate, he's unlocked what we do, run and pass, set or tied a very long NFL record

Brock is more of a gambler than meets the eye, specifically people that don't watch the 49ers consistently. I think he's playing like an MVP in a lot of ways but isn't there yet. Def a top 10 QB IMO, at worst.

he had some ugly plays in that three game stretch but it happens to everyone, specifically in their first season of games. The whole team didn't play well during that stretch (which isn't a bailout excuse for Purdy, he needs to not play like that again).

i personally think he had some sort of hand injury or something, the way he was so off in the Cleveland game was extremely strange and uncharacteristic - I think he's been recovering from an injury. Having the bye helped him heal up and we saw how that looks. Just want him to stay healthy and this damn O line get healthy/gel. Burford has been a huge disappointment.
Purdy
Dak
Hurts
Goff

Those are your top 4 QBs in the NFC. One of those 4 QBs will be playing in the Superbowl, so the other 3 should be your Pro Bowlers. Aside from an injury, I dont think its debatable that these are your Pro Bowlers and SB representative.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Brock is more of a gambler than meets the eye, specifically people that don't watch the 49ers consistently. I think he's playing like an MVP in a lot of ways but isn't there yet. Def a top 10 QB IMO, at worst.

he had some ugly plays in that three game stretch but it happens to everyone, specifically in their first season of games. The whole team didn't play well during that stretch (which isn't a bailout excuse for Purdy, he needs to not play like that again).

i personally think he had some sort of hand injury or something, the way he was so off in the Cleveland game was extremely strange and uncharacteristic - I think he's been recovering from an injury. Having the bye helped him heal up and we saw how that looks. Just want him to stay healthy and this damn O line get healthy/gel. Burford has been a huge disappointment.

Some of this is Kyle, just the way we built it, we pass around 515 times per year. Now Brady with Tampa to give an example, over 700 per year. So the MVP, if awarded on counting stats, it's almost impossible, the way we operate, for a KS QB to get it. Heck 4000 yds, which is fairly common in today's game, would be a milestone under KS. We are uber efficient, on a per play basis. But we run a lot, and we are not really uptempo. We just don't get a lot of pass plays, relative to other clubs, or enough to win MVP. Same for our pass catchers, just not the same volume of opportunities here. KS isn't worried about the stats, just winning football games.

Originally posted by tankle104:

Some of this is Kyle, just the way we built it, we pass around 515 times per year. Now Brady with Tampa to give an example, over 700 per year. So the MVP, if awarded on counting stats, it's almost impossible, the way we operate, for a KS QB to get it. Heck 4000 yds, which is fairly common in today's game, would be a milestone under KS. We are uber efficient, on a per play basis. But we run a lot, and we are not really uptempo. We just don't get a lot of pass plays, relative to other clubs, or enough to win MVP. Same for our pass catchers, just not the same volume of opportunities here. KS isn't worried about the stats, just winning football games.

Matt Ryan? Or are you only talking about KS with the 49ers.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Nov 14, 2023 at 11:40 AM ]

You win this round, I stand corrected

Volume plays a role, so perhaps we can compromise, as while it's possible, it is not tremendously likely
Matt Ryan was a heck of a QB, going back to BC, Julio was something else also
you are correct tho, they didn't throw a lot, and Ryan won the MVP
heck maybe BP can do it

for a comp Ryan had near 5k yds.
3rd in yds, 2nd in TD, and 26th in pass attempts, that's pretty insane
BP would have to do something similar, near 5k pass yds, on minimal pass attempts, good luck

it will take another playoff run

Volume plays a role, so perhaps we can compromise, as while it's possible, it is not tremendously likely
heck maybe BP can do it

BP would have to do something similar, near 5k pass yds, on minimal pass attempts, good luck

Ryan averaged 33 pass attempts per game. Brock is averaging 26. Ryan averaged 9.3 YPA which is damn near identical to Brock. But Ryan threw 38 TD passes that year and Brock is not on that pace so far this season. Brock would need to average almost 3 TD passes per game the rest of this season to reach that many.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

heck maybe BP can do it

Ryan averaged 33 pass attempts per game. Brock is averaging 26. Ryan averaged 9.3 YPA which is damn near identical to Brock. But Ryan threw 38 TD passes that year and Brock is not on that pace so far this season. Brock would need to average almost 3 TD passes per game the rest of this season to reach that many.

good info as usual, YAC
Share 49ersWebzone