Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 431 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
A RB would have to run for 2,500 yards and score 20+ TD's to win MVP. Even then, unlikely.

this is what I am talking about, they created unreal standards for non QBs to win the award,

QB is not apples to apples with other positions, just do a QB of the Year call it the Peyton Manning award , and he can get his big forehead on the trophy
then a real NFL MVP award, for real non QBs..
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock's rankings through week 10.

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

So much for that regression towards the mean b******t 😂🤣

To be fair

Most people I remember saying he would regress were talking about his astronomically high td%

That was a fair perdition, because Brock would need tons of long YAC TDs to keep that as high as it was.

This team has a ton of talent, but there is not a Randy Moss or Jerry Rice out there that can break any pass for a TD.

Anyways, Brock is bad ass, the fact he will roll the Dice is a great trait that he has in spades. He just has to learn when to push and when he can't make a mistake. He already has a great head on his shoulders, he will be great.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

Most people I remember saying he would regress were talking about his astronomically high td%

That was a fair perdition, because Brock would need tons of long YAC TDs to keep that as high as it was.

This team has a ton of talent, but there is not a Randy Moss or Jerry Rice out there that can break any pass for a TD.

Anyways, Brock is bad ass, the fact he will roll the Dice is a great trait that he has in spades. He just has to learn when to push and when he can't make a mistake. He already has a great head on his shoulders, he will be great.

that TD percent was a bit of a joke prediction, by the person who made it
he had a TD percent in his limited action last year of 7.6
Tom Brady widely regarded as the goat, was above that exactly 1 time, in 23 seasons

so someone looked at an absurdly high number and said it's gonna come down,
great prediction
it would be like us scoring 50 pts one week, and saying we are gonna score less the following week and saying it's 'regression' (or a prediction worth making, for that matter)
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 14, 2023 at 1:45 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

Tom Brady widely regarded as the goat, was above that exactly 1 time, in 23 seasons

great prediction
it would be like us scoring 50 pts one week, and saying we are gonna score less the following week and saying it's 'regression' (or a prediction worth making, for that matter)

If you took the four (at least) TD's that were backwards screens to RB's and the reverses to Deebo and made them forward passes (shuffle or screen), he'd have 19 TD passes and his TD% would be 7.6.

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

great prediction

If you took the four (at least) TD's that were backwards screens to RB's and the reverses to Deebo and made them forward passes (shuffle or screen), he'd have 19 TD passes and his TD% would be 7.6.

Thank you for that. I was wondering what his TD% would be if you included those 2 TD's on screen "passes" he was robbed of due to technicalities. Although, I wouldn't include the reverses. But that is just my personal preference.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

great prediction

Thank you for that. I was wondering what his TD% would be if you included those 2 TD's on screen "passes" he was robbed of due to technicalities. Although, I wouldn't include the reverses. But that is just my personal preference.

I include the reverses because we see what KC does with Mahomes - they run those plays so that the WR/RB runs "under" Mahomes and he forward tosses the ball to them. In my opinion that is much safer anyway, because if it's dropped it's simply an incomplete pass. Whereas if Purdy/Deebo mishandles the toss, it's a fumble. The only advantage of Kyle's way is you can still run a reverse pass from it; but I do not think that possible reward is worth the risk. Not to mention it's taking away stats from his QB and WR's.

But yes, even just including the two RB screens, it would be a TD% of 6.8 instead of 6.0, which would move him from 4th to 2nd. So he really hasn't dropped off much at all from last year's 7.6. A lot of football left to play as well.
A RB would have to run for 2,500 yards and score 20+ TD's to win MVP. Even then, unlikely.

this is what I am talking about, they created unreal standards for non QBs to win the award,

QB is not apples to apples with other positions, just do a QB of the Year call it the Peyton Manning award , and he can get his big forehead on the trophy

But is there anything wrong with that? Are you saying we should give every position a "fair chance" to win the MVP? So what do you think is a reasonable stat for a punter to win the MVP?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:

But is there anything wrong with that? Are you saying we should give every position a "fair chance" to win the MVP? So what do you think is a reasonable stat for a punter to win the MVP?

Being able to punt it over those mountains.
Originally posted by Disp:

A kicker has won NFL MVP once.. in the 80s I believe lol.
ELITE

Not sure if serious.
Originally posted by Disp:

I'm saying comp QBs vs other QBs, and pick the best, and non QBs vs non Qbs..
so when TJ Watt sets a sack record, or maybe a WR gets 2k yds, that guy should get NFL MVP honors,
to me a DE having a best sack total of all time, or a WR hitting a new threshold, is more impressive, than a QB having a best stats in a given year
yet the QB like Mahomes will always be more valuable, than the non QB, by virtue of the QB position having outsized importance..

so BP could win NFL MVP as it stands, cuz he's only going against a handful of ppl, look at the top QBs on winning contender teams, and go with the best stats.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 14, 2023 at 4:47 PM ]

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

great prediction

I include the reverses because we see what KC does with Mahomes - they run those plays so that the WR/RB runs "under" Mahomes and he forward tosses the ball to them. In my opinion that is much safer anyway, because if it's dropped it's simply an incomplete pass. Whereas if Purdy/Deebo mishandles the toss, it's a fumble. The only advantage of Kyle's way is you can still run a reverse pass from it; but I do not think that possible reward is worth the risk. Not to mention it's taking away stats from his QB and WR's.

But yes, even just including the two RB screens, it would be a TD% of 6.8 instead of 6.0, which would move him from 4th to 2nd. So he really hasn't dropped off much at all from last year's 7.6. A lot of football left to play as well.

Agreed.

QBR- 1st
PR- 1st
YPA- 1st
TD%- 4th
INT%- 13th
BTT%- 6th

To be fair

I agree when he makes a mistake he's thinking about what, happened what he saw and what he will do different. He will make mistakes but he makes throws that timid QBs won't. I would rather deal with mistakes then scared check downs for no gain. He will keep getting better and I can't belive people doubted him. I don't care about the picks in the Cincinnati game he will learn. Some of the passes he made in that game were amazing. Best QB we have had in a long long time and grateful to have him on the Niners.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Nov 14, 2023 at 4:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone