There are 262 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Youngone:
Compared to other beat writers, Cohn's articles are so s**tty. They're just contrived ideas or click bait opinions and nothing informative or helpful. I regret clicking on SI every time expecting something different. The latest Purdy article was no exception

Lol they are pretty bad. It's like any inane idea that pops in his head he makes a s**tty little article about, if you can even call them articles.

Are The 49ers Bad:
By Grant Cohn

Yes.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol they are pretty bad. It's like any inane idea that pops in his head he makes a s**tty little article about, if you can even call them articles.

Are The 49ers Bad:
By Grant Cohn

Yes.

If he says that about the OL he'll quickly become a SME
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

old enough to remember when ppl called Martz drunk cuz he was absolutely on the nose with his evaluation of Lance

Nothing has changed. Martz is still an idiot.
Originally posted by Jcool:

old enough to remember when ppl called Martz drunk cuz he was absolutely on the nose with his evaluation of Lance

Nothing has changed. Martz is still an idiot.

i mean this is a guy who coached like 40 years, playcalled maybe the best O of all time, won a ring with a grocery clerk, etc
they made a movie out of that team

go back to Cohn, had he opened his ears, early 2022 regular season, maybe he wouldn't have been so blindsided by the events of this past offseason, Cohn was posting Lance > Darnold right up until the trade going down, then completely not understanding why the trade took place, he was clueless, yet Martz informed him of the whole deal, he just didn't listen.. Cohn did a reaction to the Martz / Lance take, was kinda snickering thru the whole thing like MM didn't know what he was talking about, and saying the game passed him by, yet here we are.. we see in hindsight, MM nailed it, Cohn thought he knew better than a real ball coach, he was wrong.

This is a good breakdown.

Old enough to remember that Martz has the same "analysis" for every running QB. Had nothing to do with Lance himself, but rather sweeping generalizations about QBs who fit his mold. Many posters made that abundantly clear to you, but surprise surprise, you still dont understand.

LOL... we'll take your word for it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

you saying he wasn't?
I calculated it and since his first snap against Miami last year, he has a 114 passer rating with 474 pass attempts. Hopefully he has a good game on Sunday with 26+ pass attempts to make it a solid 115+ passer rating with 500+ pass attempts 🤞
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I calculated it and since his first snap against Miami last year, he has a 114 passer rating with 474 pass attempts. Hopefully he has a good game on Sunday with 26+ pass attempts to make it a solid 115+ passer rating with 500+ pass attempts 🤞

good info, 500+ attempts is near a full season of work, in the Shanny system

you saying he wasn't?

The issues in his breakdown of Trey were explained ad nauseum.

This is the Brock thread, so I don't want to get into it here.

It's just crazy to me how often you call out others and how inconsistent you are yourself. Next level hypocrisy.
The issues in his breakdown of Trey were explained ad nauseum.

This is the Brock thread, so I don't want to get into it here.

It's just crazy to me how often you call out others and how inconsistent you are yourself. Next level hypocrisy.

let's discuss ball, not ad homs, which you do frequently, I'm talking ball and MM who was on the nose about Lance, and likely about BP tho I haven't viewed his BP take yet
let's discuss ball, not ad homs, which you do frequently, I'm talking ball and MM who was on the nose about Lance, and likely about BP tho I haven't viewed his BP take yet

Which is exactly the point of my first post, you agreed with MM's take because it was negative about Lance, not because it was an accurate summary of Trey's issues.... and now you know you will admittingly agree with his BP take before you see it, just because you know it will be positive.

Which is exactly the point of my first post, you agreed with MM's take because it was negative about Lance, not because it was an accurate summary of Trey's issues.... and now you know you will admittingly agree with his BP take before you see it, just because you know it will be positive.

Was this was the poster who said Lance would be an MVP candidate?

i agreed with it cuz it was accurate, the better question is why did you argue against it?
perhaps you argued against it (even tho it was true) cuz it went against your narrative at the time.. and you assume I am doing what you are, cuz you're doing it to begin with. This is known as projection...

my only agenda is reality, watching games and providing my opinion of what I am viewing, and NFL can change week to week. I'm not afraid of changing my opinion, as the facts / play dictates..

you may notice, I'm not blindly praising BP, I was a lil critical of his game including the ball floated into a crowd. and eating a couple losses vs blitz, instead of recognizing blitz, and ball out of his hands.
Share 49ersWebzone