Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 378 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i agreed with it cuz it was accurate, the better question is why did you argue against it?
perhaps you argued against it (even tho it was true) cuz it went against your narrative at the time.. and you assume I am doing what you are, cuz you're doing it to begin with. This is known as projection...

my only agenda is reality, watching games and providing my opinion of what I am viewing, and NFL can change week to week. I'm not afraid of changing my opinion, as the facts / play dictates..

you may notice, I'm not blindly praising BP, I was a lil critical of his game including the ball floated into a crowd. and eating a couple losses vs blitz, instead of recognizing blitz, and ball out of his hands.

That's reserved for Sam Darnold and Jimmy G up to a couple weeks ago.
his arm talent is underrated

Agree

The bye week helped for sure. I think, iirc, he mentioned his arm was sore here and there before the bye. I think he needed to rest his arm and recover fully from getting his head banged up.
Originally posted by Montana:

Agree

The bye week helped for sure. I think, iirc, he mentioned his arm was sore here and there before the bye. I think he needed to rest his arm and recover fully from getting his head banged up.

it was that ride, on the tractor
it was that ride, on the tractor

Sometimes all a man needs is some quality John Deere time 🌽 🚜

Haha Kyle on that throw to Kittle:

"It looks like someone's throwing a grenade out of a bunker," the coach said. "And I'm just watching it and hoping it lands in Kittle's hands. And once it does, felt pretty good about it."

Lolol pretty accurate analogy
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 15, 2023 at 1:55 PM ]

Agree

His zip has looked better as the year has gone on, IMO. He made some really nice throws against the jags. That week off probably helped "freshen" up his arm too.

i also think he had an undisclosed injury in that three game stretch - he was uncharacteristicly inaccurate. When I see wild swings like that in a QBs game, it usually has to do with an injury that they don't want to admit to. Brock is like that and will hide stuff and try to play through it
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

old enough to remember when ppl called Martz drunk cuz he was absolutely on the nose with his evaluation of Lance

On the parts related to passing, yes. He was right about Not on his athleticism part. I'm sorry, but Lance is more mobile than the common fullback.

This stuff:

Originally posted by Mike Martz
He's not a great passer. Doesn't have good skills. takes him a long time to set himself and throw the football.
Yeah, that's accurate. He's got a slow motion from start to finish (he cleaned that up a bit but it's still not where it needs to be). I can't say that is wrong because I literally said the same stuff: he doesn't know how to pass and his total passing motion is slower than a taking a crap after eating a gallon of cheese.

And this stuff:
Originally posted by Mike Martz
The speed of the game, handling information and retaining it, and then being able to apply it on the field instantly -- like Purdy does -- it's just not there for Lance.

It's the hardest thing to do for a quarterback in the NFL. And then how calm is he under the gun? Some guys just aren't able to do it, they buckle under pressure, even with good players around them.

That's what I see in Lance.

Yeah, he's right in that respect, too. The speed of the game was a big part of BOTH Lance's issues with passing and running, in that he wasn't processing it fast enough.

And, again, as I myself repeatedly said, his total throwing motion (from starting his feet to the final release) is slower than molasses in January.

But if Martz actually said Lance has the athletic ability of the common fullback, I have to say I disagree. I've posted clips here several times of him juking people behind the line, and juking a safety. Maybe the likes of Juice can do that, but not the average fullback.

EDIT: Brock Purdy.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 15, 2023 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

Agree

His zip has looked better as the year has gone on, IMO. He made some really nice throws against the jags. That week off probably helped "freshen" up his arm too.

i also think he had an undisclosed injury in that three game stretch - he was uncharacteristicly inaccurate. When I see wild swings like that in a QBs game, it usually has to do with an injury that they don't want to admit to. Brock is like that and will hide stuff and try to play through it

That dropped deep pass against the Browns to Aiyuk ought to have proved that Brock has a good enough arm to do anything necessary at the position. If it wasn't already proven before.
this is what happens when we play complementary football, with a lead, zero turnovers

You believe in complimentary football? Or the trenches winning all of our games for us? It's hard to keep up with what you really believe in, depending on the thread.
Originally posted by random49er:
this is what happens when we play complementary football, with a lead, zero turnovers

You believe in complimentary football? Or the trenches winning all of our games for us? It's hard to keep up with what you really believe in, depending on the thread.

those 2 things are compatible, friend

it's also complementary
I would love complimentary football also, but that implies something else entirely,

it's also complementary
I would love complimentary football also, but that implies something else entirely,

They aren't compatible at all. Complimentary football ='s believing that all facets need to do their parts considerably well.

Shushing everyone else about games being won "in the trenches" is the exact opposite of believing in complimentary football mattering. It's literally putting other complimentary components of the team as secondary and not really mattering in making the difference between 1 team and another.

You're just speaking out of both sides here....so had to point it out.

The lesson here is age-old Cliches usually don't hold up well in legit discussions. When you're married to them,....you'll find that u end up disagreeing with yourself (see above).

I would suggest not trying insert them into arguments about specific going-ons regarding the team.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 15, 2023 at 2:51 PM ]

it's also complementary

They aren't compatible at all. Complimentary football ='s believing that all facets need to do their parts considerably well.

Shushing everyone else about games being won "in the trenches" is the exact opposite of believing in complimentary football mattering. It's literally putting other complimentary components of the team as secondary and not really mattering in making the difference between 1 team and another.

You're just speaking out of both sides here....so had to point it out.

The lesson here is age-old Cliches usually don't hold up well in legit discussions. When you're married to them,....you'll find that u end up disagreeing with yourself (see above).

I would suggest not trying insert them into arguments about specific going-ons regarding the team.
lol, that dude doesn't know when to say when.. so much contradictory 4f6 spews
Brock has 5 INT's 9 games. That's nothing.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's been very good. The only knock on him at this point is he faltered and had those five ints in a stretch of games where the run game was non existent and the defense was struggling, requiring us to put up points almost exclusively through the passing game. Basically he had to be the elite QB we all hope he can become, and IMO it's reasonable to expect bumps in the road when that's his responsibility given how inexperienced he is… and also the fact that that type of offense is not our coach's strength. We have a great offense overall, maybe the best in the league, but not isolating for drop back passing.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's been very good. The only knock on him at this point is he faltered and had those five ints in a stretch of games where the run game was non existent and the defense was struggling, requiring us to put up points almost exclusively through the passing game. Basically he had to be the elite QB we all hope he can become, and IMO it's reasonable to expect bumps in the road when that's his responsibility given how inexperienced he is… and also the fact that that type of offense is not our coach's strength. We have a great offense overall, maybe the best in the league, but not isolating for drop back passing.

you often nail it 100%,
I agree

We needed this sound byte in the offseason, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone