There are 278 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just checked so y'all don't have to, but Ruiz is still high on his own farts.
Originally posted by Chance:
Just checked so y'all don't have to, but Ruiz is still high on his own farts.

its an act, same with nick wright. just calling attention for themselves
Originally posted by Alfienator:
That's a pretty cool stat

looks like teams need to play mahomes cover 4 exclusively lol
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't think you'd agree with MM take on Brock since he seems to think Brock played much better than okay last weekend and sounds like he views him much higher than 22nd in the league at the position, which seemed to be a place in the rankings you were okay with. Unless you've changed your tune.

trying to be critical, and not just black or white, there are grays in football
in fairness, I said he did ok / good, nothing wrong with good, I think our D did better than the O,
D was great

ppl say why wasn't he elite vs JAX, imo, if your HC is saying that's the worst ball or decision of your time, maybe that means it's less than elite
also ate losses on two pretty clear blitzes, now maybe KS isn't giving him a hot option, but still ball out away at least, to avoid a negative play

this is my attempt of not getting too high or low, but just talking what I observe

The first sentence of this post is why few people take you seriously on this board.

I cant tell you how many times in the past that someone tried to tell you something similar about Jimmy, and you just werent having it. Your opinions change from QB to QB, thread to thread. You arent fooling anyone.

Brock was amazing against Jacksonville. Calling him ok/good is comically stupid. I could only imagine if Jimmy had a game like that and someone told you the game was just ok....how you would react to that.

I agree wth your point....He played a great game not good, great, 148.9 QBR says it all. He was 19 of 26 and 3TDs no INTs. Farve threw bad decisions into touchdowns as well. Brock is the best QB we have had in God knows how long.

I can find fault with the O line minus TW. Just think how good Brock would be if the line was over the top, like in the old days (1980s and 90s).

Yes! THAT is what playing great looks like. I remember getting so pissy over the JG Club saying Jimmy played "great" because he made a couple of big time throws and also some iffy throws. I'm glad Brock has opened a lot of eyes with some of the games he's had here. We had gotten so used to trash QB play over the years that Jimmy looked like a god in comparison. But Brock really has played several absolutely elite games.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I don't think you'd agree with MM take on Brock since he seems to think Brock played much better than okay last weekend and sounds like he views him much higher than 22nd in the league at the position, which seemed to be a place in the rankings you were okay with. Unless you've changed your tune.

in fairness, I said he did ok / good, nothing wrong with good, I think our D did better than the O,
D was great

ppl say why wasn't he elite vs JAX, imo, if your HC is saying that's the worst ball or decision of your time, maybe that means it's less than elite
also ate losses on two pretty clear blitzes, now maybe KS isn't giving him a hot option, but still ball out away at least, to avoid a negative play

this is my attempt of not getting too high or low, but just talking what I observe

The first sentence of this post is why few people take you seriously on this board.

I cant tell you how many times in the past that someone tried to tell you something similar about Jimmy, and you just werent having it. Your opinions change from QB to QB, thread to thread. You arent fooling anyone.

Brock was amazing against Jacksonville. Calling him ok/good is comically stupid. I could only imagine if Jimmy had a game like that and someone told you the game was just ok....how you would react to that.

I agree wth your point....He played a great game not good, great, 148.9 QBR says it all. He was 19 of 26 and 3TDs no INTs. Farve threw bad decisions into touchdowns as well. Brock is the best QB we have had in God knows how long.

I can find fault with the O line minus TW. Just think how good Brock would be if the line was over the top, like in the old days (1980s and 90s).

Yes! THAT is what playing great looks like. I remember getting so pissy over the JG Club saying Jimmy played "great" because he made a couple of big time throws and also some iffy throws. I'm glad Brock has opened a lot of eyes with some of the games he's had here. We had gotten so used to trash QB play over the years that Jimmy looked like a god in comparison. But Brock really has played several absolutely elite games.

A problem I had with the JG club is that they would describe great efficiency but average/low production game a great game. If a 200 yard 1 TD 0 INT game is considered great, that really doesn't leave a whole lot of room to describe games that are many levels higher than that.

And then we have the same posters calling a 296 yard 3 TD 0 INT game ok/good.

It's just comical.
An elite throw trumps a bad decision 100% of the time.

I could say that I am surprised but I am not
An elite throw trumps a bad decision 100% of the time.

Simple truth right there
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

O line wasn't special in 90s.

It was when they won it.. but yes not all the way through it.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Nov 15, 2023 at 7:13 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

looks like teams need to play mahomes cover 4 exclusively lol

Maybe he still has issues with being patient.

D was great

A problem I had with the JG club is that they would describe great efficiency but average/low production game a great game. If a 200 yard 1 TD 0 INT game is considered great, that really doesn't leave a whole lot of room to describe games that are many levels higher than that.

And then we have the same posters calling a 296 yard 3 TD 0 INT game ok/good.

It's just comical.

LOL yes. But I consider the game a great one not merely because of the stats, but because there were several big boy throws in that game.

D was great

Brock makes throws Jimmy could not make, in fact no QB since Young could make. I liked Jimmy but would never be a great QB. People said after the losing streak he sucked and that was BS. Even in the games we lost he still made some amazing plays.

He will only get better and no, to the doubters, he has not hit his ceiling. Fun to watch this kid, great guy too
There's a lot of differences and similarities between Brock and Jimmy imo. The thing that makes Brock the better QB is that he's consistently the good Jimmy, while Jimmy would go from fantastic to absolutely infuriating in the matter of a half. Brock is the smooth raft ride in a theme park while Jimmy was a the old rattly roller coaster that has some fun moments but also moments that jerk your f* head off and make you wanna vomit.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
There's a lot of differences and similarities between Brock and Jimmy imo. The thing that makes Brock the better QB is that he's consistently the good Jimmy, while Jimmy would go from fantastic to absolutely infuriating in the matter of a half. Brock is the smooth raft ride in a theme park while Jimmy was a the old rattly roller coaster that has some fun moments but also moments that jerk your f* head off and make you wanna vomit.
Don't insult Brock with any jimmy comparison
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Don't insult Brock with any jimmy comparison
Don't be insecure.
Share 49ersWebzone