• Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Anyone know where this actual chart is?

Oh hell yeah

I am on pff all the time but I have never seen this chart and after some looking around, I still cannot find it.

Brock>Mahomes
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I am on pff all the time but I have never seen this chart and after some looking around, I still cannot find it.

I'm not sure it's a product of PFF. I'm assuming it isn't.

I'm not sure it's a product of PFF. I'm assuming it isn't.

So its a chart created by the data collected from pff?

I honestly can't answer that question for you. Is PFF the only outlet that measures EPA per play?
  • Disp
  • Veteran

I honestly can't answer that question for you. Is PFF the only outlet that measures EPA per play?

Not sure if this helps at all

https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't think you'd agree with MM take on Brock since he seems to think Brock played much better than okay last weekend and sounds like he views him much higher than 22nd in the league at the position, which seemed to be a place in the rankings you were okay with. Unless you've changed your tune.

trying to be critical, and not just black or white, there are grays in football
in fairness, I said he did ok / good, nothing wrong with good, I think our D did better than the O,
D was great

ppl say why wasn't he elite vs JAX, imo, if your HC is saying that's the worst ball or decision of your time, maybe that means it's less than elite
also ate losses on two pretty clear blitzes, now maybe KS isn't giving him a hot option, but still ball out away at least, to avoid a negative play

this is my attempt of not getting too high or low, but just talking what I observe

The first sentence of this post is why few people take you seriously on this board.

I cant tell you how many times in the past that someone tried to tell you something similar about Jimmy, and you just werent having it. Your opinions change from QB to QB, thread to thread. You arent fooling anyone.

Brock was amazing against Jacksonville. Calling him ok/good is comically stupid. I could only imagine if Jimmy had a game like that and someone told you the game was just ok....how you would react to that.

I agree wth your point....He played a great game not good, great, 148.9 QBR says it all. He was 19 of 26 and 3TDs no INTs. Farve threw bad decisions into touchdowns as well. Brock is the best QB we have had in God knows how long.

I can find fault with the O line minus TW. Just think how good Brock would be if the line was over the top, like in the old days (1980s and 90s).

Yes! THAT is what playing great looks like. I remember getting so pissy over the JG Club saying Jimmy played "great" because he made a couple of big time throws and also some iffy throws. I'm glad Brock has opened a lot of eyes with some of the games he's had here. We had gotten so used to trash QB play over the years that Jimmy looked like a god in comparison. But Brock really has played several absolutely elite games.

The irony to this is the exact same concept applies to the OL too. We've gotten so used to this below average standars of play (and putrid, off script), a handful of fans have no context anymore. I couldn't agree more on your point about the QB standard as well. Similar concept to the secondary. I was in the minority as I was not a fan at all of Ward, Tartt, etc.

At least we've fixed 1 of 3! And at the most important position too!

Man, there's that myopic thinking again. Just need to insert in everywhere, don't you?

I think most of us know that our Oline is not playing very well, especially the right side. Seeing your QB pressured on half his snaps is a pretty obvious indication. Seeing your running game not open as many big holes is another. But again, no team is going to have great players at every position group, and as Sunday proved both our line and defensive backfield were helped by scheme and QB play, and defensive line respectively. I'd even argue that our DBs looked pretty good with Lenoir moving to the slot, and will get a needed injection with Womack returning from injury. Not an all-world group, but plenty good enough. There's a path to winning with our current personnel whether you can see it or not.

Now back to Brock.

That's exactly what I said. I'm glad you agree and get that.

As to "standards-point" Golden brought up, that's something that takes years to develop. If you knew our history with top DL/OL's you'd understand that. Similar concept to secondary.

The standard for these 3 positions has clearly dropped over the years or there would be zero need to defend such subpar play.

And FTR, we are talking about Brock. He's resurrected that standard.

5GR was talking about QB standards in a Qb thread, and you needed to insert your predictable axe to grind about the oline after a game the QB and offense pummeled the third ranked defense in the league while the oline gave up pressures on half the drop backs. So please excuse me if your axe to grind is not only tiresome, but also proved to be something this offense can overcome against good teams.

My axe to grind should also be yours...if you're concerned about actually winning a Superbowl. Next time I'll ask him to repost in the other two threads.

No. There are other sites that track EPA. However, at the bottom of that chart it shows a username and states that the data came from PFF.

No. There are other sites that track EPA. However, at the bottom of that chart it shows a username and states that the data came from PFF.

Good catch. That indicates to me he took their raw data and broke it down by coverages.
  • thl408

Interesting stuff. I like this type of data. I think it's a large enough sample size (weeks 1-10) that some inaccuracies are okay.
pretty cool locker room photo at halftime vs cowboys
Originally posted by AirYardsLeader:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
One of those interceptions against the Vikings was inaccurate as hell. That is NOT Brock's normal MO. He's generally pretty accurate and ELITE accurate on medium range passes.

This one, for example.

Also to the ridiculous fan boy NoDerpBallSteveYoung who responded to me, this is an errant throw on a play where the guy was open. Fan boys… smh they live in a fantasy world. (Is this Jimmy's racism cousin who claimed Steve had the weakest arm in NFL history?)

Jennings ran the wrong route on that play. Watch JD's film review.

The most ridiculous part about you is that you're so clueless, yet you post with this pretense of being knowledgeable and reasonable.

You couldn't be further from the truth with your QB analyses. You think Trey Lance was good, attempt to nitpick at every apparent Brock mistake as if it proves he's not good enough, whereas apparently Lance is absolutely perfect, pretend that Steve Young and Joe Montana were deep ball merchants with strong arms, etc.

JDs review is non-existent. He must have deleted it.

MOREOVER, LOOK AT THE COVERAGE. If Jennings was supposed to run a post, he'd be running DIRECTLY into a defender.

Also, your dumb post is filled with disinformation about what I said.

"You think Trey Lance was good,"

No I don't and no I didn't, you ridiculous moron.

"You attempt to nitpick at every apparent Brock mistake as if it proves he's not good enough,"

Wrong again, dips**t. I pick apart EVERY 49ers QBs mistake whenever I sense 49ers fans ignoring them due to fanboyism. See the Jimmy G thread.

"whereas apparently Lance is absolutely perfect,"

Again, retard, I'm the one who said he can't even throw the damn ball.

"pretend that Steve Young and Joe Montana were deep ball merchants with strong arms, etc."

And again you reveal your room temperature IQ. Steve and Joe WERE deep pass merchants, in that they KILLED teams almost every game with a couple. But that doesn't require excessively strong arms. Their arms were merely strong ENOUGH. But subtly alludes the mentally challenged.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 16, 2023 at 9:26 AM ]

Oh hell yeah

Love it! Finally feel so comfy with the qb we have. He still has a lot to improve upon and grow from, but I love where we are with him.

lead us to the promise land, Brock montana!
Share 49ersWebzone