LISTEN: This Isn't Kyle Shanahan's Year →

There are 246 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
let em know, Brock!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 16, 2023 at 9:49 AM ]
not bad!

"Through ten weeks, Brock Purdy leads the NFL in passer rating (109.9), yards per attempt (9.3) and QBR (76.4). He is now coming off a game in which he went 19-26 for 296 yards and three touchdowns with zero turnovers. Overall on the season, Purdy has completed 68.8% of his passes for 2,329 yards with 15 touchdowns and five interceptions."
Originally posted by tankle104:
not bad!

"Through ten weeks, Brock Purdy leads the NFL in passer rating (109.9), yards per attempt (9.3) and QBR (76.4). He is now coming off a game in which he went 19-26 for 296 yards and three touchdowns with zero turnovers. Overall on the season, Purdy has completed 68.8% of his passes for 2,329 yards with 15 touchdowns and five interceptions."

I'd say purdy damn good as opposed to "not bad!"

Brock is the guy Kyle has felt most confident in since he's coached here so perhaps these are signs of how we should expect Brock to play going forward. I can live with this and more importantly we can win with this
would it be fair to say, BP is playing extremely well, in an elite situation
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
would it be fair to say, BP is playing extremely well, in an elite situation

If we look at the entire picture and can't say this is playing well then we'd need to define what is. Nobody is saying he's arrived yet but now that the losing streak is over one can look at the whole picture and say we have the right guy until proven otherwise
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
pretty cool locker room photo at halftime vs cowboys

Great pic, but I doubt very seriously that this was a halftime picture.

Black & white version

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Great pic, but I doubt very seriously that this was a halftime picture.

good observation SWH, says before their win
BP going over the plan, on how they would later reveal, the shirt
drop that bomb on the Boys
Fk Dallas always
Originally posted by Montana:
Fk Dallas always

that shirt and what we did to DAL, the highlight of the season to this point
have a feeling we will be seeing those boys again

• Furlow
  • Veteran

Anyone able to copy/paste the article? Damn paywalls lol.
  • thl408
A lot of the article is of CMC and Brock sucking each other off, saying how awesome the other guys is. The interesting part is how Brock, the unknown guy at the time, helped prepare CMC for the KC game:
-------------------
When the session was over, the time to cram began. Running backs coach Bobby Turner stayed on the field with McCaffrey, outlining positional concepts. Meanwhile, quarterbacks coach Brian Griese thought that a young player in his position room — the backup to Jimmy Garoppolo, who was the 49ers' starting QB at the time — might be useful in McCaffrey's crash course.
The 49ers didn't practice on Saturday, but by then the star running back and a relatively anonymous 22-year-old rookie stood together on the otherwise empty field at the team facility, walking through Shanahan's entire play script for the next day's game.

These days, that rookie isn't so anonymous anymore. He's the top-rated quarterback in the NFL — Brock Purdy.

"To be honest, I wasn't 100 percent focused on who this guy even was," McCaffrey said, recalling his first interaction with Purdy on that Saturday. "This guy could've been anyone. I was just so dialed in on trying to learn the plays."
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of the article is of CMC and Brock sucking each other off, saying how awesome the other guys is. The interesting part is how Brock, the unknown guy at the time, helped prepare CMC for the KC game:
-------------------
When the session was over, the time to cram began. Running backs coach Bobby Turner stayed on the field with McCaffrey, outlining positional concepts. Meanwhile, quarterbacks coach Brian Griese thought that a young player in his position room — the backup to Jimmy Garoppolo, who was the 49ers' starting QB at the time — might be useful in McCaffrey's crash course.
The 49ers didn't practice on Saturday, but by then the star running back and a relatively anonymous 22-year-old rookie stood together on the otherwise empty field at the team facility, walking through Shanahan's entire play script for the next day's game.

These days, that rookie isn't so anonymous anymore. He's the top-rated quarterback in the NFL — Brock Purdy.

"To be honest, I wasn't 100 percent focused on who this guy even was," McCaffrey said, recalling his first interaction with Purdy on that Saturday. "This guy could've been anyone. I was just so dialed in on trying to learn the plays."

Sounds like a good read lol.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Anyone able to copy/paste the article? Damn paywalls lol.

Lol I second this. I tried to read it but couldn't :(
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by thl408:
-------------------

Sounds like a good read lol.

Sounds like my kinda read/spank bank material
Share 49ersWebzone