LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 267 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
would it be fair to say, BP is playing extremely well, in an elite situation

It's not an untrue statement, but why the need to qualify it?

It would be like me saying that almost every year Patrick Mahomes has played, he played extremely well in an elite situation. Or Steve Young played extremely well in an elite situation. No one ever qualifies those guys' situation, so why the need to do that with Brock? To me, it just perpetuates the narrative that Brock's play has been an product of the system and players around him while other guys elevate the system and players around them with their play. So how about, Brock is playing extremely well, period?

If you knew this poster's history, you wouldnt need to ask this.
uh oh, brock and nick says they burn scented candles at home, someone needs to tell them inhaling that is not good for your health, we need our QB in premium condition!
  1. Originally posted by 9erson3:
    Yeah and it's funny and I'm embarrassed but I too just ordered some scented candles for my place. I was kind of laughing at that.

Embarassed about scented candles? Nothing like a good scent. I am a total scent nerd. I am picky with candles though, so many smell terrible. Diptyque has some good ones but $. For a cheapie, I like DW Home Warm Tobacco Pipe..smells pretty good.

I am pretty picky about "men's colognes" too.

Some I like are:
Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Extreme
Helmut Lang Cuiron
Frédéric Malle Angéliques Sous La Pluie
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millisime Imperial
Dior Sauvage EDP
Serge Lutens Chene and Chergui
Guerlain Heritage
Floris Santal

Lol don't get me going on scent, obviously, I won't shut up haha.
[ Edited by Montana on Nov 16, 2023 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Chance:
would it be fair to say, BP is playing extremely well, in an elite situation

It's not an untrue statement, but why the need to qualify it?

It would be like me saying that almost every year Patrick Mahomes has played, he played extremely well in an elite situation. Or Steve Young played extremely well in an elite situation. No one ever qualifies those guys' situation, so why the need to do that with Brock? To me, it just perpetuates the narrative that Brock's play has been an product of the system and players around him while other guys elevate the system and players around them with their play. So how about, Brock is playing extremely well, period?

he has traits that would play on any team, like anticipation, accuracy, mobility, and his off platform game, and his leadership / moxie. What would be the AAV on the open market?
bp is elite
Teams have been hiding a lot of qb injuries this year, like they always have. I believe we will find out that Brock had an injured hand or something that happened against Cleveland. His accuracy was just way too off for it to be just "a bad game".
Originally posted by tankle104:
Teams have been hiding a lot of qb injuries this year, like they always have. I believe we will find out that Brock had an injured hand or something that happened against Cleveland. His accuracy was just way too off for it to be just "a bad game".

you are right with the something happened, I think the conditions were a lil choppy. Both kickers missed kicks, and on the INT ball, I think they showed it just slipped out of his hand. He had a couple that did that. Now QBs you are expected to play in that stuff, it's part of NFL football, kickers also. Moody missed, he's expected to hit, conditions or no. my 2 cents

wet ball

you are right with the something happened, I think the conditions were a lil choppy. Both kickers missed kicks, and on the INT ball, I think they showed it just slipped out of his hand. He had a couple that did that. Now QBs you are expected to play in that stuff, it's part of NFL football, kickers also. Moody missed, he's expected to hit, conditions or no. my 2 cents

Agreed. That game seems more like an anomaly. Even in the other 2 losses, he was highly efficient and just had a couple bad decisions/throws at the end of the game that I am sure he would like to have back.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Nov 16, 2023 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Agreed. That game seems more like an anomaly. Even in the other 2 losses, he was highly efficient and just had a couple bad decisions/throws at the end of the game that I am sure he would like to have back.

Brock has a lot more gambler in him than meets the eye. He's still inexperienced and finding his way. The good news is that he has a very high football Iq and learns from his mistakes very quickly

Guys. It was raining. Thats it.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

It was sprinkling… not raining.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

It was sprinkling… not raining.

Griese just needs to remind him that he doesn't have the biggest hand to NOT hold the ball out of the laces..
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
bp is elite
I had to look it up..and

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
bp is elite
I had to look it up..and

boom end of discussion
Share 49ersWebzone