There are 213 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
notice NY taking a victory lap on something that hasn't even come to fruition

2022 INT percent - 2.4
2023 INT percent - 2.0

And of course here you are gravitating to one part of my comment to argue. Typical. Grrr NY being right about something I didn't agree with last yr

since when is 2.0 INT % good lol? Same % as Zach Wilson right now. Same passes that weren't getting INTed last yr did through that 3 game losing stretch. He's gotta be better in those situations, gotta be better when we're playing from behind (teams know we're throwing). He's gotta know it's okay to throw the ball away on those early downs too. He's smart and I expect him to learn from those mistakes the more he plays.

Don't you dare turn this into a b******t fest about me not liking Brock or whatever dumb excuse you always make to get off tack.

that's the thing tho, you weren't right, you were wrong then, and you have the audacity to claim you are right now, but you are not
it's a victory lap, while just flat out wrong
you get one of these
And of course here you are gravitating to one part of my comment to argue. Typical. Grrr NY being right about something I didn't agree with last yr

since when is 2.0 INT % good lol? Same % as Zach Wilson right now. Same passes that weren't getting INTed last yr did through that 3 game losing stretch. He's gotta be better in those situations, gotta be better when we're playing from behind (teams know we're throwing). He's gotta know it's okay to throw the ball away on those early downs too. He's smart and I expect him to learn from those mistakes the more he plays.

Don't you dare turn this into a b******t fest about me not liking Brock or whatever dumb excuse you always make to get off tack.

Career interception percentage of 2.0 or lower would place a QB in the top 10 all time FYI.

It would be top 15 through effectively half a season this year.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Nov 17, 2023 at 12:38 PM ]
Brock Purdy's stats through essentially 17 games (swapping the 2022 Miami game for the Eagles NFC CG):

Comp % - Yards - TD - INT -

67.9% (319/470) - 4183 - 31 - 8

If this was done in 17 regular season games of his rookie season he would be a shoo-in for Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler for the NFC. It would be hailed as one of the greatest rookie QB years of all time.

same as wilson but better than tua, mahomes, hurts, and allen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yea, lol… nobody wants to compare to Wilson in a general sense, but he's not bad in this particular statistic.

2022 INT percent - 2.4
2023 INT percent - 2.0

that's the thing tho, you weren't right, you were wrong then, and you have the audacity to claim you are right now, but you are not
you get one of these
your energy should be giving NC one of those also, if you want to criticize others by these type of actions
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Career interception percentage of 2.0 or lower would place a QB in the top 10 all time FYI.

I don't think NY is wrong that there were signs that showed Brock would go through some rough patches, based on his rate of turnover worthy plays last year. That being said, and I think NY agrees with this, the risky nature Purdy plays with is more acceptable because he's making more plays than what we've had from the QB position in a long time.

2022 INT percent - 2.4
2023 INT percent - 2.0

you get one of these

Boom
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Whoops
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Uh ohhhhhhhhhh
Originally posted by captveg:
Brock Purdy's stats through essentially 17 games (swapping the 2022 Miami game for the Eagles NFC CG):

Comp % - Yards - TD - INT -

67.9% (319/470) - 4183 - 31 - 8

If this was done in 17 regular season games of his rookie season he would be a shoo-in for Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler for the NFC. It would be hailed as one of the greatest rookie QB years of all time.

Well I guess that's done with! it's like Joe Pesci in my cousin Vinny. "Done with this guy"

Maybe it's time to try to minimize what Brock Purdy did with his first 400 attempts given that he is first ever and let me say that again……EVER in the Super Bowl era in these categories.

Completion percentage
td:int ratio
QBR

Everyone and their mom said Brock would throw some interceptions like every single quarterback, that is common sense.

I guess Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts Jackson and Herbert have to all be better about not throwing interceptions as well, right?
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 17, 2023 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't think NY is wrong that there were signs that showed Brock would go through some rough patches, based on his rate of turnover worthy plays last year. That being said, and I think NY agrees with this, the risky nature Purdy plays with is more acceptable because he's making more plays than what we've had from the QB position in a long time.

and WB rushing to the NY defense, it's fine to admit when wrong, he claimed the near INTs are now happening, well the INT percent is lower now than last season, so the claim doesn't jive with reality, it's ok to disagree with NY one time, he had a good post, but for that premature victory lap he took

I would agree that we want to see Purdy protect the ball better in the situations we've seen him falter in this year. But like I mentioned earlier, those situations are effectively placing an MVP level burden on a 1st full year starter. No run game, defense is not playing well. Expectations are out of whack if you expect consistent success there.

As far as connecting that to the arguments about his play last year and a 'luck' factor in terms of him avoiding turnovers, I don't really see it and think it was overblown. The game situations really weren't the same last year either as we only had 1 semi comparable situation (Raiders game) to the three games from this season.

That said, a 2.0 interception percentage is very good and I agree some turnovers are acceptable if it you have a QB attempting and making big plays consistently.

and WB rushing to the NY defense, it's fine to admit when wrong, he claimed the near INTs are now happening, well the INT percent is lower now than last season, so the claim doesn't jive with reality, it's ok to disagree with NY one time, he had a good post, but for that premature victory lap he took

I disagree with NY all the time. I disagreed with a lot of posts he's made about Brock and Trey and I've voiced those disagreements. The only difference is I don't try to take his words out of context, or label him things that don't apply like that he "hates Brock"

Actually, I don't think there was anyone on the forum that I argued with more than NY when I first made my account. That Patrick Mahomes draft was a lot of disagreement.

I disagree with NY all the time. I disagreed with a lot of posts he's made about Brock and Trey and I've voiced those disagreements. The only difference is I don't try to take his words out of context, or label him things that don't apply like that he "hates Brock"

Actually, I don't think there was anyone on the forum that I argued with more than NY when I first made my account. That Patrick Mahomes draft was a lot of disagreement.

i replied to his post, by doing quote+, so ppl could see his entire post, and my follow up
there was nothing 'out of context', swing and miss WB
there was no hate Brock accusation, either, just he's incorrect, in this instance.. based on the facts
I mean I think it's partially bock and a lot of kyle and this elite roster.

No I don't think Brock would be Brock in Chicago or NY. I think that goes for a lot of good QBs in the league.

I knew a lot of those turn-over-worthy throws from last yr would actually become INTs this yr. That's just statistics and the law of avgs.

Brock has a lot of traits to be damn good here and end of the day that's all that matters. I do think a lot of QBs could be successful here too. More than happy with Brock at this point.

But they didn't and the statistics show they didn't.

You also claimed that Brock was destined to "regress to the mean of all NFL QBs".

The statistics are what prove you wrong in both cases.

You should be eating crow instead of pretending you were right.

His INT% was higher last year which contradicts your statement.
Share 49ersWebzone