There are 249 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Did Geno smith get hurt today?

Yes. He was ruled out. I didn't catch what the injury was though.

he came back for the last drive. I don't think he was rolled out
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Yes. He was ruled out. I didn't catch what the injury was though.

He came back in for the final drive. Unlikely he'll be 100 percent for Thu regardless.
Wonder if he can re-assert himself in the MVP talks.
Originally posted by Frenchfan:
Purdy has big balls and know how to play football
And more important, he loves the Game and He hates to lose, good combination

He does an amazing job of riding that fine line of being aggressive and protecting the ball, I think that says a ton about his mental maturity, accuracy/touch, and anticipation. Everytbing I find sexy a little a qb.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
629 yards, 6tds, 0 ints 153.6 rating, 78.5% , 12.35 average, 14 yards rushing

Good Lord lol 🔥

So hot!

He does an amazing job of riding that fine line of being aggressive and protecting the ball, I think that says a ton about his mental maturity, accuracy/touch, and anticipation. Everytbing I find sexy a little a qb.

Sexy little qb 😘
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

If he dominates in seattle and against Philly, I think so. He could end up with like 23-5 TD/int ratio by the time the Philly game is over If he keeps it up, with a 9-3 record.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Sexy little qb 😘

In a qb* but Eff it. I'll take sexy little qb too. Lmao whatever works

Good Lord lol 🔥

I've been insanely high on Brock since day 1 and still am. Dude is awesome. We have a budding superstar. Still a long way to go, but couldn't be happier with where he is at in his career right now. Just incredible.

he is so special. Can't believe he was overlooked lol

It is hard to make a case for any quarterback in the league who is playing better than he is. It has been that way right from the Dolphins game.

People anointed Mahomes from his first game. He had some ups and downs but his numbers were not any better than Purdy.

I get why some people continue to drag their feet on accepting him as a top-tier QB but at some point, you just have to say, "he passes the eye test."
People just forgot that top QBs don't all fit the Mahomes/allen archetypes. If Brock was drafted 10-20 years ago he probably would've been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Maybe a first in some years

I've seen a couple of 158.3 games, but this one definitely seemed earned.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

I assume most of those are short easy passes, and not really attempting anything deep or in the middle of the field.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Surely these last two games have put him back in the convo.

Stroud has been high on that list but he threw three picks today.

You don't have to be perfect to be MVP...but Purdy has been pretty close.
Originally posted by dj43:

Good Lord lol 🔥

I've been insanely high on Brock since day 1 and still am. Dude is awesome. We have a budding superstar. Still a long way to go, but couldn't be happier with where he is at in his career right now. Just incredible.

he is so special. Can't believe he was overlooked lol

It is hard to make a case for any quarterback in the league who is playing better than he is. It has been that way right from the Dolphins game.

People anointed Mahomes from his first game. He had some ups and downs but his numbers were not any better than Purdy.

I get why some people continue to drag their feet on accepting him as a top-tier QB but at some point, you just have to say, "he passes the eye test."

He definitely does. I remember watching him in his first game (dolphins) and I couldn't believe his presence and composure. Unreal.

players like Mahommes get immediately anointed because they were a first round pick and have all the sexy physical stuff. Brock is the complete opposite, so people think this is just the system (which is idiotic).

i honestly don't mind people being hesitant, I know what I'm watching and it's nuts. I just hope he doesn't get robbed of personal accolades because of it. He absolutely deserves to be a pro bowler and potentially more. At least be in the convo, legitimately.

i think he's going to shock everyone with his performance in Seattle (twice) and against Philly - skyrocketing his perception in a good way.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

I assume most of those are short easy passes, and not really attempting anything deep or in the middle of the field.

I personally don't think I've seen one with this many aggressive passes. Only one I can think of off the top of my head was when Brady almost had a perfect game against the jags in the playoffs years ago.
Share 49ersWebzone