There are 259 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Keep playing like this KID! I want him to play like this against the Ravens and Eagles!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Elite, or nah?

lets not rush to judgment

we still need to see him comeback from down 20 in the fourth quarter with all his weapons injured

Originally posted by Eddie_D:
I've seen enough. He is the MVP of the team.

he plays bad we lose 3 straight. He plays great we win all.

we are actually much more reliant on him than the defense.

That's true of almost every QB on any team in the NFL. And in our 3 losses, the defense was not particularly great, but they've been great in nearly all of our wins except maybe the Rams game.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Nov 19, 2023 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
That's true of almost every QB on any team in the NFL.

Not a lot of room for you to work tonight, lol.

Nothing personal, but that is such a bad narrative. I hear it and read it around the league but I also hear some of the more respected voices saying that even during those three losses, he was playing at a very high level. He made a couple of mistakes that he usually doesn't make but apart from those, he played well.
Here's the thing. The pundits and fans don't get to decide if Brock is elite or not. The stats, wins/losses, results on the field decide. So far he has been playing at an elite level, whether anyone likes it or not.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Well he didn't really play bad in those three games, at least not two of em. He played great until the very end in 2/3 of them. I know that's the critical time and he didn't come through but they weren't bad like jimmys denver game last year. Lol thank god.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Tonight is no different than any other. No opinion that someone had about Brock coming in to this game, either positive or negative, should change based on what we saw today.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
He looks so smooth in the pocket never looks hurried always in control .

Originally posted by tankle104:

Well he didn't really play bad in those three games, at least not two of em. He played great until the very end in 2/3 of them. I know that's the critical time and he didn't come through but they weren't bad like jimmys denver game last year. Lol thank god.

Funny enough his only bad game was Cleveland, but he played pretty clutch at the end. Sort of the inverse of the other 2 games
Originally posted by bud49:

even on that broken play where he found deebo all alone,

so calm and collected back there
Tonight is no different than any other. No opinion that someone had about Brock coming in to this game, either positive or negative, should change based on what we saw today.

Yea this new/additional evidence shouldn't alter any opinion, no matter what it is.

Keep being you :). I find it entertaining.
So I guess Brock Purdy now has 4 games of more than a 140 passer rating and 3 TDs in their first two seasons. Looks like he stands alone with that one.

Also, we still got 7 more games to play and he missed the first 12 games of last season
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by bud49:

even on that broken play where he found deebo all alone,

so calm and collected back there

Yes, his calmness is what impresses me. It's like he is two steps in front of everyone else.
Share 49ersWebzone