There are 267 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Here's the thing. The pundits and fans don't get to decide if Brock is elite or not. The stats, wins/losses, results on the field decide. So far he has been playing at an elite level, whether anyone likes it or not.

Actually it is the opposite. The fans and pundits are the only ones that decide if he's "elite", because it's just a label that gets arbitrarily applied.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by bud49:
He looks so smooth in the pocket never looks hurried always in control .

even on that broken play where he found deebo all alone,

so calm and collected back there

He's one with the force
To clarify when I was taking about Brock's "bad games" they are bad for his standards. That's how good I think he is.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
I've seen enough. He is the MVP of the team.

he plays bad we lose 3 straight. He plays great we win all.

we are actually much more reliant on him than the defense.

Well he didn't really play bad in those three games, at least not two of em. He played great until the very end in 2/3 of them. I know that's the critical time and he didn't come through but they weren't bad like jimmys denver game last year. Lol thank god.

Funny enough his only bad game was Cleveland, but he played pretty clutch at the end. Sort of the inverse of the other 2 games

I still think we will eventually hear (most likely in the off season) that he had some sort of hand injury. I just don't buy that he became that inaccurate on a "bad day". He had so many passes that he normally hits, way off.

Regardless, it's awesome to see how he has responded to a rough stretch. Dude is mentally tough as nails and those experiences are good for him to go through. I'd rather him experience them mid season than at the end or in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
That's true of almost every QB on any team in the NFL.

Not a lot of room for you to work tonight, lol.

Tonight is no different than any other. No opinion that someone had about Brock coming in to this game, either positive or negative, should change based on what we saw today.

To clarify when I was taking about Brock's "bad games" they are bad for his standards. That's how good I think he is.

Yeah, I follow you. I agree - I'm just saying that it's wild that his "bad games" are still not horrible days (for the most part). When he's on, boy is he as good as it gets.

makes sense, a solid BP game would be a career day for some, like Z Wilson,
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Tonight is no different than any other. No opinion that someone had about Brock coming in to this game, either positive or negative, should change based on what we saw today.

*qb accomplishes something no other qb has accomplished in franchise history (especially one with multiple HOF QBs). He also does something that's only happened 23 times in nfl history (perfect passer rating while throwing 25+ attempts in the game). *

not including all the other special things he done and continues to do.. lmao wild.

i have respect for NY because he was able to eventually come to the other side and be won over, aka keep an open mind. It's ridiculous to not be excited and think more positive about a guy after this performance (especially compounded with his entire body of work).
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

makes sense, a solid BP game would be a career day for some, like Z Wilson,

Brocks played 18 games and like 15 of them would be career days for someone like Zach Wilson. Lol
*qb accomplishes something no other qb has accomplished in franchise history (especially one with multiple HOF QBs). He also does something that's only happened 23 times in nfl history (perfect passer rating while throwing 25+ attempts in the game). *

not including all the other special things he done and continues to do.. lmao wild.

i have respect for NY because he was able to eventually come to the other side and be won over, aka keep an open mind. It's ridiculous to not be excited and think more positive about a guy after this performance (especially compounded with his entire body of work).

as we see tank, it's a journey thru the season, and Sept is dif than Oct,
hope we can bottle this type of game for SEA, PHI, playoffs, etc
if BP plays like this with the D, OL, CMC, etc than we can all enjoy the parade

I still wanna see some 4th Quarter comeback victories on his resume with us
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I think you misinterpreted my comment. It's not knocking him, we just didn't learn anything new today. Accumulating stats against the Bucs doesn't answer any questions that people had about him coming in to today.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

as we see tank, it's a journey thru the season, and Sept is dif than Oct,
hope we can bottle this type of game for SEA, PHI, playoffs, etc
if BP plays like this with the D, OL, CMC, etc than we can all enjoy the parade

The seasons are long with many ups and downs, only one team wins it all. So I think we should enjoy the success as much as possible cause none of its guaranteed.

i want to win the super bowl as much as anyone, I'm sure a ton of my posts reflect that, but sometimes we have to appreciate the other historic stuff that goes on. Brocks story and success, coupled with the things our boys are doing on the field - is special. Could be over very quickly, as we all know too well, so let's soak it in when things like the last two weeks happen, IMO.

i hope we continue playing like this over the next three games, at least!

hes a troll dude, just mute him and move on
I think you misinterpreted my comment. It's not knocking him, we just didn't learn anything new today. Accumulating stats against the Bucs doesn't answer any questions that people had about him coming in to today.

What questions do you still have about him? Honest question.
I don't think Brock is perfect and has a lot he can improve upon but I also don't see any reason to doubt him. nor do I see any reason to think he can't continue to get better.

his stats this year are essentially all top 5, many in the top 3. Best deep ball this year, so far. Etc. He's answered each call as they come, has a few stumbles, but nothing that warrants too much concern, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone