Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 360 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by fropwns:
We have been waiting for this guy since Steve Young and people are still b***hing? Gawd damn.

I don't get it, the JG debate was absolutely valid, but how can people not believe in Purdy by now?
Needs to win a Super Bowl to put the final nail on the coffin for non-believers
We have been waiting for this guy since Steve Young and people are still b***hing? Gawd damn.

I don't get it, the JG debate was absolutely valid, but how can people not believe in Purdy by now?

what was the jg debate?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what was the jg debate?

Lol… nailed it.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
ppl insist on making it the QB vs the HC, it's both and they are both really doing it at a high level, right now

Nope sorry. Choose a side for our black and white thinkers.

You can always tell what someone's football acumen is by how they try to make things black and white. In reality, football has tons and tons and tons of variables that all play off of each other. In football, you need a TEAM to win it all, this isn't basketball where one player makes you a contender when you still have a bad coach and crap players.

you need high level of play in coaching, qb play, trench's, defense, special teams, front office etc so on and so forth. No qb can win a super bowl with bad o line, defense, skill positions and bad coaching. Lol it just doesn't work that way. It's mind boggling.

there's a ton more I can say but I know you understand what I'm saying. The sport is far from black and white.
Damn Aiyuk is averaging almost 20 yards a catch. Lmao crazy
only 43 catches and over 800 yards. Lol wild
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 19, 2023 at 7:41 PM ]

Just a Purdy football play
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Just a Purdy football play

Beautiful 😍.

It's wild that one year ago, Brock was unknown. Jimmy was our starter. Trey was our projected franchise qb.

now jimmy is benched by the raiders and most likely out of a job after this year. Trey isn't even active on game days and is third string. Lmao

wild how the life in the nfl changes.
I think it's unlikely Brock gets seriously into the MVP convo cause of all the dumb talking heads, whjch is fine - idc, but I do think if he balls out big time against the Seahawks and then Philly - he will put himself in position to be a front runner nationally.

both games will be prime time games and beating Philly in Philly would be awesome, especially if he balls out with great stats.
Brock Purdy now has the highest passer rating over a 2-game span since the Merger in 1970

At this point, the three game skid is starting to look like a fluke that can mostly be attributed to Trent Williams' absence. Purdy has a 111 passer rating across 500+ pass attempts in his career now and just put up back to back 148+ passer rating games.

It's impossible to fake it for this long. I overreacted massively after the Vikings game where he was clearly concussed at the end. He's a franchise QB. Never mind what I said the morning after that game lol
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I mean....that was the story for Steve for years.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it's unlikely Brock gets seriously into the MVP convo cause of all the dumb talking heads, whjch is fine - idc, but I do think if he balls out big time against the Seahawks and then Philly - he will put himself in position to be a front runner nationally.

both games will be prime time games and beating Philly in Philly would be awesome, especially if he balls out with great stats.

We shouldn't care about that mvp talk. It's an unnecessary distraction. Focus on the real prize.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

I mean....that was the story for Steve for years.

Not at all. Any fan would GLADLY take a Steve Young right now. We've had years of s**t QB play and his would be welcome. Steve replaced a guy who was better when the lights were brightest and couldn't live up to the greatest ever. Apples and oranges. Winning the Shoer Bowl was the standard then because we did it more often than not. Hate to say it, but we gotta win another one before it becomes the standard again.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Nov 19, 2023 at 8:37 PM ]
bcbmvp
Share 49ersWebzone