Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 371 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
At this point, the three game skid is starting to look like a fluke that can mostly be attributed to Trent Williams' absence. Purdy has a 111 passer rating across 500+ pass attempts in his career now and just put up back to back 148+ passer rating games.

It's impossible to fake it for this long. I overreacted massively after the Vikings game where he was clearly concussed at the end. He's a franchise QB. Never mind what I said the morning after that game lol

Especially when you look closely at that three game skid.
1. Browns game was a bad weather game against a very good defense. He played bad but still led us on the final drive for a game winning field goal attempt.
2. Vikings game he played great up until the concussion. You cant even count this against him at this point.
3. Bengals game i thought he played well until the 4th quarter and then played terrible. Definitely a bad quarter but it happens.

I hold the defense way more responsible for that losing streak then Purdy.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
1. Browns game was a bad weather game against a very good defense. He played bad but still led us on the final drive for a game winning field goal attempt.
2. Vikings game he played great up until the concussion. You cant even count this against him at this point.
3. Bengals game i thought he played well until the 4th quarter and then played terrible. Definitely a bad quarter but it happens.

Defense had a rough stretch and the loss of Trent seemed to cripple our run game. Brock was the best player on our offense in the Viking and Bengals games and came up short in the clutch…. It's going to happen sometimes.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it's unlikely Brock gets seriously into the MVP convo cause of all the dumb talking heads, whjch is fine - idc, but I do think if he balls out big time against the Seahawks and then Philly - he will put himself in position to be a front runner nationally.

both games will be prime time games and beating Philly in Philly would be awesome, especially if he balls out with great stats.

We shouldn't care about that mvp talk. It's an unnecessary distraction. Focus on the real prize.

Lol why? Why can't I want the Super Bowl, super bowl MVP, and regular season MVP for him? No one is saying they should sacrifice anything for a chance at the chip. Lmao

i just think it's really cool that we finally have a QB who play at a level to be considered for the MVP.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Yeah, the defense played like a bottom five defense. I don't mean that in a way where Brock shouldn't have any fault, he should, but he was the least of the problems.

It was just a perfect storm where literally every position group played poorly at the same time.
Lol why? Why can't I want the Super Bowl, super bowl MVP, and regular season MVP for him? No one is saying they should sacrifice anything for a chance at the chip. Lmao

i just think it's really cool that we finally have a QB who play at a level to be considered for the MVP.

Because it will cost us more money.

Win pretty… but not too pretty, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Because it will cost us more money.

Win pretty… but not too pretty, lol.

Speaking of money, I'm really curious how huffs injury impacts is salary wise. I think the plan was to sign him to an extension after this year. Seeing how he was an all pro, I figure they expected to pay him on the high side of
the market.

I wonder If we will wait until he heals and plays out his contract year or if we will do something like give him a 1-2 year contract extension that gives him a nice pay raise but we save money in the short term, to see how he heals up.

im curious what AB thinks about the situation now and how it changes our salary cap space.

for context, the 10th highest paid safety this year is $13M. So that's quite of money I'm sure we were projecting his way.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 19, 2023 at 9:04 PM ]
Bowling balls Brock <3 lol

This has been absolutely amazing football to watch. Just incredible
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i love how Brock has managed to keep his INT low while still improving his touchdowns. That was probably the one stat I was most concerned about. I didn't think he would do bad or anything, just was hoping he could keep it under control, which he has.

he's managed a 3.1-1 TD/INT ration, which is great.

and when purdy throws a pick all his haters collectively say "see! told you!"

Yeah, that stuff is annoying. I think some guys are just so emotionally exhausted that they've become pessimistic until it's blatantly obvious (which I think it is), that he's the QB we've been waiting for.

if youve been a fan since at least 2005, the Alex smith situation was dragged out and very underwhelming for nearly a decade. Then the whole kap situation that turned into bad football and politics. Then we all fell in love with jimmy quick and got our hopes super high up (which I did and I was bummed to see him never get where I thought he could). Then we finally moved on from him for a nice, new, shiny, expensive, and prototypical qb.

after all of that, the last pick in the damn draft is balling and I think people are just pessimistic after getting their hopes up so much for the last near 20 years. Lol I still don't think that's a valid excuse but I understand it.

Everyone is going to fall in love with him once we win a chip and we will have a glorious 15+ year run. Buckle in! It's going to be special

And all that without even mentioning all the other QBs we got excited for when Alex was injured/benched. Lol. Rattay, Dorsey, Hill, JTO. Lol.

say it louder for the guys in the back!

Bump.

It starts with HIM

Did they figure him out yet? I think they are figuring out he's a Purdy great QB.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Did they figure him out yet? I think they are figuring out he's a Purdy great QB.

4 incompletions, exposed him
We better start drafting linemen early to keep him protected. OT needs to be the first pick unless a true lock down CB is available.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We better start drafting linemen early to keep him protected. OT needs to be the first pick unless a true lock down CB is available.

Imagine if this guy had an offensive line. My goodness. With his processing and accuracy you are looking at Joe Montana.

say it louder for the guys in the back!

Bump.

If Brock actually had a weak arm, he wouldn't be able to throw deep or mid-range passes accurately while getting smashed. No, he doesn't have elite arm strength, but the dude's arm strength is clearly underrated.
Share 49ersWebzone