There are 447 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We better start drafting linemen early to keep him protected. OT needs to be the first pick unless a true lock down CB is available.

Imagine if this guy had an offensive line. My goodness. With his processing and accuracy you are looking at Joe Montana.

I posted this a week or so ago but I would literally draft OL, DB, OL, DB for the first 4 picks.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Brock rturning mediocre game plans and play calls into gold. Its all brock.

sure bud 👍

See anything new today?
Didn't think so.
More driving mcc into dirt 3 carries for mitchell zero for mason. Same old route concepts just purdy is way better at finding the right moment to deliver. WHILE getting sacked 4 times.

Go look at Jimmy G in Las Vegas and then compare him to Jimmy G here. Brock is an excellent QB, but Shanahan is an excellent play-designer and play-caller too.
I wanna take the words "arm strength" and flush em down the
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

sure bud 👍

See anything new today?
Didn't think so.
More driving mcc into dirt 3 carries for mitchell zero for mason. Same old route concepts just purdy is way better at finding the right moment to deliver. WHILE getting sacked 4 times.

ppl insist on making it the QB vs the HC, it's both and they are both really doing it at a high level, right now

IIf it's both then why has Shanny been Mr field goal until Brock came along?hmm? Can't wait for Purdy to start calling audibles

The 49ers offense has been top 10 four of the years he's been here, and the others were 12, 16 and 15. Brock turned a GOOD offense into a GREAT offense. But Jimmy G, who looks like absolute trash in Vegas and got benched with his 5.4 INT%, looked like a top 15-12 QB over here. Because the head coach.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

sure bud 👍

See anything new today?
Didn't think so.

Go look at Jimmy G in Las Vegas and then compare him to Jimmy G here. Brock is an excellent QB, but Shanahan is an excellent play-designer and play-caller too.

Jimmy stans really are the dumbest lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it's unlikely Brock gets seriously into the MVP convo cause of all the dumb talking heads, whjch is fine - idc, but I do think if he balls out big time against the Seahawks and then Philly - he will put himself in position to be a front runner nationally.

both games will be prime time games and beating Philly in Philly would be awesome, especially if he balls out with great stats.

I think if he puts out 7 more 3 TD, 0 INT performances, even they will have to jump on the bandwagon.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
At this point, the three game skid is starting to look like a fluke that can mostly be attributed to Trent Williams' absence. Purdy has a 111 passer rating across 500+ pass attempts in his career now and just put up back to back 148+ passer rating games.

It's impossible to fake it for this long. I overreacted massively after the Vikings game where he was clearly concussed at the end. He's a franchise QB. Never mind what I said the morning after that game lol

It's entirely possible the two Vikings picks were due to the concussion. And it's also not impossible the Bengals picks might have been related as well. So, could be he just got the crap knocked out of him and it messed him up a couple games.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
If Brock actually had a weak arm, he wouldn't be able to throw deep or mid-range passes accurately while getting smashed. No, he doesn't have elite arm strength, but the dude's arm strength is clearly underrated.

Agreed. It's clearly not lacking at all. He's made so many great throws down the field and on the sideline this year. He had a few last year for sure, but not to this degree. And after that injury, too.

It still feels like a dream that we got this kid out of nowhere.
Purdy has recently played a season's worth of games. Accumulate those stats and records. Let's say his rookie year just ended and we're going into the off-season.

You be a fool to not believe or be optimistic going into the new season.

Today's game would be the first game of the new season and he is still balling.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 19, 2023 at 10:15 PM ]

Purdy impressive

He should be the front runner for MVP.
Superstar performance.
Honestly could be the best draft pick for this franchise in the last 20+ years. I'm not at all kidding.

Where are those clowns Socal and ring....super quiet in game day chat. 🙄
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honestly could be the best draft pick for this franchise in the last 20+ years. I'm not at all kidding.

Easily on his way just based on the value let alone the fact you'd be happy netting a great QB at any draft slot.
Share 49ersWebzone