There are 383 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honestly could be the best draft pick for this franchise in the last 20+ years. I'm not at all kidding.

Easily on his way just based on the value let alone the fact you'd be happy netting a great QB at any draft slot.

Yeah I agree. It's unbelievable. It's like a young Montana or Brees. How did we get this lucky in the 7th round?
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by tankle104:

say it louder for the guys in the back!

Bump.

If Brock actually had a weak arm, he wouldn't be able to throw deep or mid-range passes accurately while getting smashed. No, he doesn't have elite arm strength, but the dude's arm strength is clearly underrated.

Him arm strength is def above average and much improved from when he was in college. He's done some really great work with his off season coaches that he's attended two years in a row. He didn't really get much of a chance to refine his mechanics this off season (in a traditional way). So it's exciting to see what he does next off season - but I'll worry about that when that time comes.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We better start drafting linemen early to keep him protected. OT needs to be the first pick unless a true lock down CB is available.

Imagine if this guy had an offensive line. My goodness. With his processing and accuracy you are looking at Joe Montana.

I posted this a week or so ago but I would literally draft OL, DB, OL, DB for the first 4 picks.

Just depends on what players are available when we are picking but I agree, we need to our an emphasis on those positions.

the entire league is scarce on o lineman though, it's not just us. So don't expect us to get any lineman cause they're going to be way over paid.
Brock has Aiyuk on pace for a 1400 yard season and kittle for an 1100 yard season.

CMC on pace for 1400 rushing yards with about 500-600 more receiving.

deebo on pace for 700 receiving yards and about 300 rushing yards.

obviously, this isn't all Brock but he sure is helping get the most out of our stallions!
Originally posted by dj43:
It is hard to make a case for any quarterback in the league who is playing better than he is. It has been that way right from the Dolphins game.

People anointed Mahomes from his first game. He had some ups and downs but his numbers were not any better than Purdy.

I get why some people continue to drag their feet on accepting him as a top-tier QB but at some point, you just have to say, "he passes the eye test."

Mahomes had FIFTY touchdown passes.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Mahomes had FIFTY touchdown passes.

Is that good?

The euphoria of going from Alex Smith to that guy from a playmaking perspective.

We're getting a version of it here, lol.
I think Purdy can get 50 TD elsewhere. I love Kyle but Purdy is playing with Kyle. If he was on a Reid offense he would be eating. Just like if he was in Cincy too. Of course I hope he stays successful for us his entire career.

it took the 3 game skid to unleash Brock. I still think there is more potential for RPO stuff but after the elbow injury it's naw.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 20, 2023 at 12:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
I think Purdy can get 50 TD elsewhere. I love Kyle but Purdy is playing with Kyle. If he was on a Reid offense he would be eating. Just like if he was in Cincy too. Of course I hope he stays successful for us his entire career.

it took the 3 game skid to unleash Brock. I still think there is more potential for RPO stuff but after the elbow injury it's naw.

lol wtf
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
At this point, the three game skid is starting to look like a fluke that can mostly be attributed to Trent Williams' absence. Purdy has a 111 passer rating across 500+ pass attempts in his career now and just put up back to back 148+ passer rating games.

It's impossible to fake it for this long. I overreacted massively after the Vikings game where he was clearly concussed at the end. He's a franchise QB. Never mind what I said the morning after that game lol

It's entirely possible the two Vikings picks were due to the concussion. And it's also not impossible the Bengals picks might have been related as well. So, could be he just got the crap knocked out of him and it messed him up a couple games.

Could be....

or

Could be all QBs make mistakes, young QBs that must be perfect or loose often take time to adjust to that.

It happens, he will learn and grow. There is no shame in learning and growing...especially a QB that has mostly missed the growing pains most young QBs have to endure.

Purdy has put up better numbers than Mahomes this season but you think he can put up better numbers with the Chiefs than the current Niners? lol

is that a no look pass?

He maybe could put up bigger numbers. Who cares? It's not about numbers. You just want to win.

This team runs a lot. It somewhat limits the number of passes. It's unknown what would happen if we threw more. But who cares? We win a lot like this. With balance which is generally a good thing.
Morons still think he isn't the guy?

He maybe could put up bigger numbers. Who cares? It's not about numbers. You just want to win.

This team runs a lot. It somewhat limits the number of passes. It's unknown what would happen if we threw more. But who cares? We win a lot like this. With balance which is generally a good thing.

Somewhat? As always we're dead last in attempts with just 278 (here). The better the team, the least amount Kyle passes. Conversely, the worst his teams are, the more he passes. Kyle is QB1, CMC is QB2 and Brock is QB3. Haha.

Brock is making the absolute most of the very few passes he gets. Be Efficient. B-E Efficient.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 20, 2023 at 4:08 AM ]
Does anyone have a video of his bowling ball celebration? I missed it. Thanks so much

Brock is so accurate it's disgusting sometimes
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 20, 2023 at 4:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone