There are 208 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
So nice to be able to punish defenses that don't play a safety over the top of a 1on1 on the outside that the 49ers have the advantage on. Last week it was Kittle versus a Jags LB. Yesterday it's the Bucs RCB versus Aiyuk.

But if defenses start going into 2 deep shell's too often on 1st and 2nd down, CMC is going to kill them. Pick your poison.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Nov 20, 2023 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
So nice to be able to punish defenses that don't play a safety over the top of a 1on1 on the outside that the 49ers have the advantage on. Last week it was Kittle versus a Jags LB. Yesterday it's the Bucs RCB versus Aiyuk.

that's ol noodle arm, at work,
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He looked like trash here without Deebo. I don't think Purdy would be good anywhere else. He's in the right system with a butt load of talent around him. Nothing wrong with that. If he's a baller here with Shanny that's all we can ask for.

Purdy looking human during that three-game skid (not even garbage—just human) wasn't because of Deebo's absence. It was because of Trent Williams' absence. He's probably our only above average offensive lineman so our offense couldn't run the ball and open anything up without him.

I will die on this hill.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 20, 2023 at 10:53 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Update after this week on Purdy's rankings:

Passer rating (115.1) - 1st
QBR (77.1) - 1st
Yards (2,662) - 6th
Yards per attempt (9.7) - 1st
Completion% (70.2) - 1st
TD's (18) - 6th
TD% (6.5) - 1st
INT% (1.8) - 13th
Passing success rate (56.3) - 1st

What really stands out to me is how far ahead he is from others in passer rating and yards per attempt. In passer rating, he is 9.1 points ahead of Tua. If you go 9.1 points below Tua that takes you all the way down to 11th (Mahomes). In yards per attempt he is 1.2 yards ahead of Tua. If you go 1.2 yards below Tua that takes you down to 11th again (Herbert).

And I'll mention this once more and then try to let it go lol, but if he got credit for passing TD's on the two screens to CMC and two reverses to Deebo (meaning Kyle ran the plays as forward passes instead of backwards tosses) then he'd be leading the league in TD's and his TD% would be 8%. So he is very close to his mark of 7.6% last year that many said was not sustainable.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He looked like trash here without Deebo. I don't think Purdy would be good anywhere else. He's in the right system with a butt load of talent around him. Nothing wrong with that. If he's a baller here with Shanny that's all we can ask for.

Purdy looking human during that three-game skid (not even garbage—just human) wasn't because of Deebo's absence. It was because of Trent Williams' absence. He's probably our only above average offensive lineman so our offense couldn't run the ball and open anything up without him.

I will die on this hill.

You won't die alone, brother
Originally posted by Furlow:

QBR (77.1) - 1st
Yards (2,662) - 6th
Completion% (70.2) - 1st
TD's (18) - 6th
TD% (6.5) - 1st
INT% (1.8) - 13th

What really stands out to me is how far ahead he is from others in passer rating and yards per attempt. In passer rating, he is 9.1 points ahead of Tua. If you go 9.1 points below Tua that takes you all the way down to 11th (Mahomes). In yards per attempt he is 1.2 yards ahead of Tua. If you go 1.2 yards below Tua that takes you down to 11th again (Herbert).

And I'll mention this once more and then try to let it go lol, but if he got credit for passing TD's on the two screens to CMC and two reverses to Deebo (meaning Kyle ran the plays as forward passes instead of backwards tosses) then he'd be leading the league in TD's and his TD% would be 8%. So he is very close to his mark of 7.6% last year that many said was not sustainable.

hold on now, hold up..
we haven't heard yet, on the almost INTs, like Dean when he's falling on his backside, and having to get helped off the field, deep ball sailing over his head for 6, that may qualify

if he leapt a few feet higher, easy int
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

People here think they're the same QB..
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

QBR (77.1) - 1st
Yards (2,662) - 6th
Completion% (70.2) - 1st
TD's (18) - 6th
TD% (6.5) - 1st
INT% (1.8) - 13th

hold on now, hold up..
we haven't heard yet, on the almost INTs, like Dean when he's falling on his backside, and having to get helped off the field, deep ball sailing over his head for 6, that may qualify

if he leapt a few feet higher, easy int

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow PFF calls that a TWP lol.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I stand by what I said weeks ago. I'm not worried about Purdy at all.

In fact, it feels good to not even care about the qb thread because we finally have one.

All we are waiting on is how he plays from behind and in those key moments etc. Those opportunities will naturally happen, so it's wait and see.

More concerned about giving him a proper OL now. Wasn't as big of a deal before since the QBs were largely secondary players to the run game. Now they need better pass blocking, "good enough" isn't good enough anymore. I want to see them build a line like KC, Philly or Detroit.

Whether or not ShanaLynch will adjust their thinking remains to be seen but they need to put more of a premium on it.

In fact, it feels good to not even care about the qb thread because we finally have one.

All we are waiting on is how he plays from behind and in those key moments etc. Those opportunities will naturally happen, so it's wait and see.

More concerned about giving him a proper OL now. Wasn't as big of a deal before since the QBs were largely secondary players to the run game. Now they need better pass blocking, "good enough" isn't good enough anymore. I want to see them build a line like KC, Philly or Detroit.

NC, is that you??

QBR (77.1) - 1st
Yards (2,662) - 6th
Completion% (70.2) - 1st
TD's (18) - 6th
TD% (6.5) - 1st
INT% (1.8) - 13th

I only remember 1 poster claiming it wasn't sustainable.

Whether or not ShanaLynch will adjust their thinking remains to be seen but they need to put more of a premium on it.

NC has been playing chess. He knew that our time would come when we finally get our franchise QB and we need to protect him.
  • thl408
Big Balls Brock
Originally posted by miked1978:

What QBs haven't laid some duds this year? Every elite QB gas thrown multiple int games but when Brock has a couple bad games he's put in this category that he can't succeed if he wasnt on the 49ers. I think that is total BS. It takes a good system for a good QB to become great. I'm not saying Brock is elite but he sure is playing elite in most of his games and barely has a full season under his belt.

I'd argue if you put any good QB on a crap team you'd get a bad outcome.

Just for comparison, here are Mahomes' three worst games this year versus Purdy's three worst.

PM -
77.5 in loss to Detroit
63.6 in a 23-20 win over the Zach Wilson Jets.
59.1 in a loss to Denver.

BP -
94.2 in loss to Cincy
81.5 in loss to Vikings
55.3 in a loss to the Browns.

Now, I'm not claiming Purdy is better than Mahomes. I'm just noting how silly it is to say he had three "bad" games and was exposed. Two of the three Purdy stinkers were better than Mahomes' best stinkers.

Draw your own conclusions...
Share 49ersWebzone