There are 136 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Alfienator:
NC has been playing chess. He knew that our time would come when we finally get our franchise QB and we need to protect him.

Look at Ryan Pace Bears team to see what NCs chess game would look like.

This years draft will afford the opportunity to address the tackle spot. Gotta hit the right player this time.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He looked like trash here without Deebo. I don't think Purdy would be good anywhere else. He's in the right system with a butt load of talent around him. Nothing wrong with that. If he's a baller here with Shanny that's all we can ask for.

Purdy looking human during that three-game skid (not even garbage—just human) wasn't because of Deebo's absence. It was because of Trent Williams' absence. He's probably our only above average offensive lineman so our offense couldn't run the ball and open anything up without him.

I will die on this hill.

You won't die alone, brother

Amen to that!
Originally posted by dj43:
Just for comparison, here are Mahomes' three worst games this year versus Purdy's three worst.

PM -
77.5 in loss to Detroit
63.6 in a 23-20 win over the Zach Wilson Jets.
59.1 in a loss to Denver.

BP -
94.2 in loss to Cincy
81.5 in loss to Vikings
55.3 in a loss to the Browns.

Now, I'm not claiming Purdy is better than Mahomes. I'm just noting how silly it is to say he had three "bad" games and was exposed. Two of the three Purdy stinkers were better than Mahomes' best stinkers.

Draw your own conclusions...

He was only poor against Cleveland and had a few young qb mistakes against Minnesota and Cincy. Because he makes less young mistakes then just about any other qb has ever made it's magnified by those that don't like him. Is what it is.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He looked like trash here without Deebo. I don't think Purdy would be good anywhere else. He's in the right system with a butt load of talent around him. Nothing wrong with that. If he's a baller here with Shanny that's all we can ask for.

Purdy looking human during that three-game skid (not even garbage—just human) wasn't because of Deebo's absence. It was because of Trent Williams' absence. He's probably our only above average offensive lineman so our offense couldn't run the ball and open anything up without him.

I will die on this hill.

And I'm on that hill next to you...
Originally posted by miked1978:

What QBs haven't laid some duds this year? Every elite QB gas thrown multiple int games but when Brock has a couple bad games he's put in this category that he can't succeed if he wasnt on the 49ers. I think that is total BS. It takes a good system for a good QB to become great. I'm not saying Brock is elite but he sure is playing elite in most of his games and barely has a full season under his belt.

I'd argue if you put any good QB on a crap team you'd get a bad outcome.

Just for comparison, here are Mahomes' three worst games this year versus Purdy's three worst.

PM -
77.5 in loss to Detroit

BP -
94.2 in loss to Cincy
81.5 in loss to Vikings

Now, I'm not claiming Purdy is better than Mahomes. I'm just noting how silly it is to say he had three "bad" games and was exposed. Two of the three Purdy stinkers were better than Mahomes' best stinkers.

PM was awesome vs DET, if anyone goes back and watches, just dotting ppl all over the field,
not his fault Toney has it clang off the hands over and over, including for a pick 6, hits his rating, but not his fault

so a lot of QB stats are a team reflection, and playcaller reflection, OL has to block, WRs have to separate and catch it, playcaller has to be in his bag, giving some nice layups. the important part is having a QB that can take advantage. Z Wilson has receivers cooking their matchup, and he doesn't see it or put it on em. Trey had the same issue. Anticipation and accuracy combined with vision, the keys for Brock. Along with his ability to extend
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I stand by what I said weeks ago. I'm not worried about Purdy at all.

In fact, it feels good to not even care about the qb thread because we finally have one.

All we are waiting on is how he plays from behind and in those key moments etc. Those opportunities will naturally happen, so it's wait and see.

More concerned about giving him a proper OL now. Wasn't as big of a deal before since the QBs were largely secondary players to the run game. Now they need better pass blocking, "good enough" isn't good enough anymore. I want to see them build a line like KC, Philly or Detroit.

Whether or not ShanaLynch will adjust their thinking remains to be seen but they need to put more of a premium on it.

At bare minimum, RG needs a full replacement, but I'd also like to groom a C of the future too. RT needs competition. At bare minimum, Moore needs to compete for the RT spot. He was better at LT than McKivitz has been at RT. I understand preferring a side, but the top 5 should always be out there, and it certainly hasn't felt like that's been the case.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by miked1978:

What QBs haven't laid some duds this year? Every elite QB gas thrown multiple int games but when Brock has a couple bad games he's put in this category that he can't succeed if he wasnt on the 49ers. I think that is total BS. It takes a good system for a good QB to become great. I'm not saying Brock is elite but he sure is playing elite in most of his games and barely has a full season under his belt.

I'd argue if you put any good QB on a crap team you'd get a bad outcome.

PM -
77.5 in loss to Detroit

BP -
94.2 in loss to Cincy
81.5 in loss to Vikings

PM was awesome vs DET, if anyone goes back and watches, just dotting ppl all over the field,
not his fault Toney has it clang off the hands over and over, including for a pick 6, hits his rating, but not his fault

so a lot of QB stats are a team reflection, and playcaller reflection, OL has to block, WRs have to separate and catch it, playcaller has to be in his bag, giving some nice layups. the important part is having a QB that can take advantage. Z Wilson has receivers cooking their matchup, and he doesn't see it or put it on em. Trey had the same issue. Anticipation and accuracy combined with vision, the keys for Brock. Along with his ability to extend

You mean even PM has to rely on his weapons to make plays?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At bare minimum, RG needs a full replacement, but I'd also like to groom a C of the future too. RT needs competition. At bare minimum, Moore needs to compete for the RT spot. He was better at LT than McKivitz has been at RT. I understand preferring a side, but the top 5 should always be out there, and it certainly hasn't felt like that's been the case.

Eh move Moore inside to RG. He would be so much better there.

Get a tackle with the 1st to compete with McKivitz. Then hopefully one of the good center prospects are there in 2nd.
Originally posted by Furlow:
You mean even PM has to rely on his weapons to make plays?

no doubt,
football is the ultimate team game
Brock's receivers collectively have the 8th lowest drop% in the NFL. Is that a testament to how accurate he is?

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock's receivers collectively have the 8th lowest drop% in the NFL. Is that a testament to how accurate he is?

Ball comes in super softly because his arm is so weak.

lol

all hail his noodliness

He does throw a very catchable ball as well.
Share 49ersWebzone