There are 144 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by tankle104:
They both play loose and confident and with great spacial awareness. I don't think you can teach that kind of confidence.

i was a little worried that Brock would be more timid after his injury but he hasn't at all, amazing. I remember Derrick carr before and after his injury, totally different player. Plays almost scared and timid in regards to getting hit. Brock is out there on a sinking ship still thinking "I can hit the throw, baby!"

Good point, simply unreal after what was a potential career altering injury,
my fav was KS on the TD to 85 he said it looked like a grenade getting thrown out of the foxhole.
something along those lines

Lmao it's a perfect description. The play looks hilarious but it's so impressive. Such a dime.

he's really grown as the season has gone on work those kind of passes. He missed a few gimmes early on but has hit some incredible ones
I hate the chiefs but holy s**t at mahomes being the product of favorable officiating lol. Guy is literally already a hall of famer and clearly a generational QB.

Come on.... Lol
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Feels good to have Steve Young agree with me.

He might know a thing or two about a thing or two lol
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Imagine if Mahomes didn't have refs save his ass every 4th quarter in the SB. He'd be the next Jim Kelley. Recommend you go the chiefs forum where you belong LMFAO. Are you a taylor swift fan also?

Lol.

Blaming refs, not understanding how well Mahomes plays the position, implying being the next Jim Kelly would be bad.

10/10. Would read again.
FINALLY! Kyle even agrees with us. Lmao having a cannon that can hit from 90 yards away is not that big of a deal and extremely rarely used. It's a joke to think you need a cannon to be elite. It's sexy and nice but far from necessary.

""I think [Purdy's arm is] definitely stronger than what we thought it was when we drafted him, but we saw that the first day out of rookie minicamp," head coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday morning via a conference call. "I think when people talk about arm strength, can he sit there and take three hitches and make the wrong decision and just wait and throw 70 yards down the field? Probably not, but when do you ever want a guy to do that? On the Hail Mary, maybe?

"But you like guys who can make all the throws in the timing of the play, which is usually going by the right decisions, and when to throw it deep, when to throw it short, when to check it down, when to go over the middle. And Brock's always had the arm strength to make all those throws."
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Lol.

Blaming refs, not understanding how well Mahomes plays the position, implying being the next Jim Kelly would be bad.

10/10. Would read again.

I would rather play against any other QB than mahomes. He is BY FAR, by far as in whoever is 2nd beat qb in the league isn't close, the best QB in the league.

If we had drafted mahomes in 2017 we guaranteed (injuries aside) have at least 2 SB rings
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Lol.

10/10. Would read again.

I would rather play against any other QB than mahomes. He is BY FAR, by far as in whoever is 2nd beat qb in the league isn't close, the best QB in the league.

If we had drafted mahomes in 2017 we guaranteed (injuries aside) have at least 2 SB rings

Yeah, I personally think PM is far and ahead the best qb in the league. I'd probably place a healthy Joe burrow as two. But Mahommes is the only qb I don't want to play. He can make magic happen anytime and with anything. With him, it's not "will he make a crazy play and score on our defense" but "when".
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Lol.

10/10. Would read again.

True, and could you imagine Kyle and Kittle in those State Farm ads?

my favorite part is that it was against two good defenses too. Not like he stomped the commies and giants
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This kid might be alright

Originally posted by jrg:
This kid might be alright

Check out this graphic. Lol insane

This just feels different. Even Foles/Tannehill's 2013/2019 seasons didn't feel this special (maybe because they already had years prior where they weren't nearly as good and it wasn't for 500+ pass attempts?)

my favorite part is that it was against two good defenses too. Not like he stomped the commies and giants

Purdy throws touchdowns and wins games.

FINALLY! Kyle even agrees with us. Lmao having a cannon that can hit from 90 yards away is not that big of a deal and extremely rarely used. It's a joke to think you need a cannon to be elite. It's sexy and nice but far from necessary.

""I think [Purdy's arm is] definitely stronger than what we thought it was when we drafted him, but we saw that the first day out of rookie minicamp," head coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday morning via a conference call. "I think when people talk about arm strength, can he sit there and take three hitches and make the wrong decision and just wait and throw 70 yards down the field? Probably not, but when do you ever want a guy to do that? On the Hail Mary, maybe?

"But you like guys who can make all the throws in the timing of the play, which is usually going by the right decisions, and when to throw it deep, when to throw it short, when to check it down, when to go over the middle. And Brock's always had the arm strength to make all those throws."

Also a QB that can throw 80 yards is equivalent to the longest drive champion. The longest drive champion can drive a golf ball what 500 plus yards. Let him play against tiger woods on an actual golf course. Lol

how many football plays are there where you're throwing 80 yard bombs?

let's use some logic here….40 yard dash is about 4-5 seconds to reach. A pocket collapses in 3 seconds. So how the hell a guy that can throw 80 yards is beneficial. These are just the metrics you can go by.

also no ball is in the air for more than 50 yards.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 20, 2023 at 2:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone