There are 178 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Homer is a good qb, no question. However, some things really went his way as far as SBs go. Had we not shat the bed in the last 7 or 8 mins in the SB, which was completely inexcusable, we would have defo won. Mahomes was good but beatable. Also, had we not gotten the injuries in this last NFC Champ Game, I really do believe we would went on and won over KC. We were a better team than the Eagles. Our D would have given KC one hell of a time..plus BP, plus CMC..plus Kittle..etc. What might have been lol
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I hate the chiefs but holy s**t at mahomes being the product of favorable officiating lol. Guy is literally already a hall of famer and clearly a generational QB.

Come on.... Lol

No one hates Mahomes more than me, and I can freely admit he will go down as the greatest or 2nd greatest qb ever when he retires
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 20, 2023 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No one hates Mahomes more than me, and I can freely admit he will go down as the greatest or 2nd greatest qb ever when he retires

Honestly just hate hearing him speak, lol.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
That Alex Rollins who makes good videos really put out a video last year claiming Purdy and Jimmy G are the same QB.......

I like him, but WEAK.

If they were truly the same, we'd already have won a 6th Super Bowl possibly 7th.

That guy sucks, honestly tired of all these terrible hot take youtubers
Originally posted by tankle104:

my favorite part is that it was against two good defenses too. Not like he stomped the commies and giants

My favorite part of this stat is that nick foles had the "record" lol
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
FINALLY! Kyle even agrees with us. Lmao having a cannon that can hit from 90 yards away is not that big of a deal and extremely rarely used. It's a joke to think you need a cannon to be elite. It's sexy and nice but far from necessary.

""I think [Purdy's arm is] definitely stronger than what we thought it was when we drafted him, but we saw that the first day out of rookie minicamp," head coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday morning via a conference call. "I think when people talk about arm strength, can he sit there and take three hitches and make the wrong decision and just wait and throw 70 yards down the field? Probably not, but when do you ever want a guy to do that? On the Hail Mary, maybe?

"But you like guys who can make all the throws in the timing of the play, which is usually going by the right decisions, and when to throw it deep, when to throw it short, when to check it down, when to go over the middle. And Brock's always had the arm strength to make all those throws."

Also a QB that can throw 80 yards is equivalent to the longest drive champion. The longest drive champion can drive a golf ball what 500 plus yards. Let him play against tiger woods on an actual golf course. Lol

how many football plays are there where you're throwing 80 yard bombs?

let's use some logic here….40 yard dash is about 4-5 seconds to reach. A pocket collapses in 3 seconds. So how the hell a guy that can throw 80 yards is beneficial. These are just the metrics you can go by.

also no ball is in the air for more than 50 yards.

I'll need to find the statistic but it's something like 90%+ of all plays are less than 20 yards. Lol
That guy sucks, honestly tired of all these terrible hot take youtubers

The 49ers content creator crew definitely doesn't help that opinion. We certainly aren't blessed, lol.

my favorite part is that it was against two good defenses too. Not like he stomped the commies and giants

Makes this record even more sweet - took it from a clown. I hate it when average QBs randomly get special records.

brock is going to be a monster! We'll continue
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

And his family sucks. Kermit deserves better.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I hate his face, his hair, his voice, the way he walks, the way he runs, how kelce is always WIDE f**king open 24/7

but he is an all time great qb, no doubt

Makes this record even more sweet - took it from a clown. I hate it when average QBs randomly get special records.

Ya and Kurt Warner had it before foles, which is legit, Warner was a baller

Ehh let's not disrespect Foles. Did he succeed in being the Eagles franchise QB? Ultimately no. But he gave them one of the best statistical seasons ever in 2013 and their only Super Bowl MVP in 2017. Against Brady in the biggest Super Bowl shootout ever, to boot.

He may have never reached that consistency threshold of a franchise QB but his highs were insanely high. He's no "clown."
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 20, 2023 at 3:03 PM ]

Foles may have had one of the best single seasons in nfl history
Originally posted by ritz126:
Foles may have had one of the best single seasons in nfl history

Statistically it was really efficient. Chip's first year caught a lot of team's off guard.

I believe he held the best single season TD/Int ratio until Brady passed him a few years later.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Bruh
In the mental aspect of the game they share a lot of similarities: cold, decisive, able to adapt, vision, instant mental reactions, wanting the down the field throw over the dumpoff, etc.

They both play loose and confident and with great spacial awareness. I don't think you can teach that kind of confidence.

i was a little worried that Brock would be more timid after his injury but he hasn't at all, amazing. I remember Derrick carr before and after his injury, totally different player. Plays almost scared and timid in regards to getting hit. Brock is out there on a sinking ship still thinking "I can hit the throw, baby!"
I recall Shanahan describing the throw to Kittle last week as "a grenade being tossed out of a foxhole."

Love it. Maybe the best throw he has made in his career.

EDIT: I was out for an hour and 49erFaithful beat me to the KS quote.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 20, 2023 at 3:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone