LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 189 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I didn't realize how rare it is to get a perfect passer rating so looked up the history. A couple things stood out, not the least of which was the fact that Montana and Young both posted a perfect rating on the same team in the same season.
Also, Alex Smith had one in KC under Reid, something even Mahomes hasn't done yet.

a couple dudes posted better qbr than purdy did on sunday fwiw

But Purdy still leads the league on season QBR.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Did anyone see the OJ Simpson is on youtube reviewing our games now? LMAO.

he said brock has that killer instinct

but his fav QB is Kenny Pickett, ol Kenny 2 gloves

I'm sure he talked about the dagger concept
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Obvious side note, but the judge taking a big sip of her soda prior to sentencing Juice was an absolutely elite court TV moment. Wet that beak your honor.

Lol meh I guess he is in Vegas playing golf and whatnot. Gross.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Jenny pickett is trash and will eventually be remembered for being the QB picked in the first round in the "Brock Purdy draft"
Jenny is pretty bad
Lol.. we got perfect passer rating Purdy in the 7th:)

god they try so hard to discredit purdy and not praise him too much

The guy on the right has been pretty dismissive about Brock for a minute. But I thought there was some interesting stats they brought up like big time throws being more common, and that we're starting to win because of Brock not just with him.

ya but they throw little digs like everyone is wide open. i thought the 2nd td to aiyuk vs pit and the td to deebo vs nyg was a "big time throw" but i guess those dont qualify and werent impressive to them

I mean dudes were wide open lol. Brock also made some great throws as well. Like Waterbear says, we're winning because of Brock, not just with him. No one can deny that. Also no one should deny Kyle's ability to get dudes open and SF just having good playmakers. It's all good stuff.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean dudes were wide open lol. Brock also made some great throws as well. Like Waterbear says, we're winning because of Brock, not just with him. No one can deny that. Also no one should deny Kyle's ability to get dudes open and SF just having good playmakers. It's all good stuff.

im not denying that kittle was open every time (except for kittle's first catch) . but brock made some difficult ass throws all game (including kittle's first catch) and they don't acknowledge it. he's always given soft compliments with qualifiers.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 20, 2023 at 5:49 PM ]

god they try so hard to discredit purdy and not praise him too much

The guy on the right has been pretty dismissive about Brock for a minute. But I thought there was some interesting stats they brought up like big time throws being more common, and that we're starting to win because of Brock not just with him.

ya but they throw little digs like everyone is wide open. i thought the 2nd td to aiyuk vs pit and the td to deebo vs nyg was a "big time throw" but i guess those dont qualify and werent impressive to them

DO you fault the QB then when that supposively OPEN by design target gets covered on the 1st read?
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Kap never learned what a progression is let alone how to progress through them.

From the mouth of a former coach who worked with him in San Francisco (who remained anonymous, of course), that is inaccurate. The problem was anticipation, according to this coach. He never could quite get it. The coach claimed there were times when he was close, but no matter what they did, he was always a guy who had to see it first before throwing it, rather than throwing the guy open and anticipating.

This, again, according to (allegedly) a former 49er coach.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I didn't realize how rare it is to get a perfect passer rating so looked up the history. A couple things stood out, not the least of which was the fact that Montana and Young both posted a perfect rating on the same team in the same season.
Also, Alex Smith had one in KC under Reid, something even Mahomes hasn't done yet.

I believe it's like 68 players have done it for a total of 80 times in NFL history. It's only happened 23 times in nfl history where a qb did it while throwing 25+ Times.

Geno smith is the only qb in nfl history to have a perfect qb rating and 0.0 qb rating in the same season. Lmao insane

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Can't do it, lol. Absolute garbage human being, as if that needs to be said.

Go buy you a 49ers 32 jersey and put the name "Allegedly" on it, like that dude going viral.

It takes two to tango! Brock benefits from having great scheme and players around him. Kyle benefits from having such a capable qb running/executing his system. The skill players benefit from having a qb who can get them the ball on time, accurately, and with touch.

Everyone wins. Brock isn't a weak link, the only weak link we have is our o line.

We had dudes running wide open for years, and our offense didnt look like this.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You guys need to stop
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

We had dudes running wide open for years, and our offense didnt look like this.

THANK YOU. How many times I pointed this out in the Jimmy Club threads and was called a hater, and that Kyle Shanahan forbade his QB from throwing to the open guy.
Share 49ersWebzone