LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll be honest, I wouldn't of said that Brock would have as many touchdowns as mahommes this point in the season. Lol

they're tied now including PM touchdown in the game right now. Brock still has less int. I'm not saying he's better than PM but wild he is keeping pace with him statistics wise. Very impressive.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'll be honest, I wouldn't of said that Brock would have as many touchdowns as mahommes this point in the season. Lol

they're tied now including PM touchdown in the game right now. Brock still has less int. I'm not saying he's better than PM but wild he is keeping pace with him statistics wise. Very impressive.

We have Deebo Samuel. They have a dude who kinda looks like Deebo Samuel, lol.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean dudes were wide open lol. Brock also made some great throws as well. Like Waterbear says, we're winning because of Brock, not just with him. No one can deny that. Also no one should deny Kyle's ability to get dudes open and SF just having good playmakers. It's all good stuff.

We had dudes running wide open for years, and our offense didnt look like this.
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

I liked jimmy and supported him, but it's so clear to me now his great of a coaching job kyle did with Jimmy and how he protected him with his play calling /scheme. Obviously Lance barely played but he was clearly not ready.

i can't get enough of watching awesome qb play by a 49er. It's my heroin.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean dudes were wide open lol. Brock also made some great throws as well. Like Waterbear says, we're winning because of Brock, not just with him. No one can deny that. Also no one should deny Kyle's ability to get dudes open and SF just having good playmakers. It's all good stuff.

We had dudes running wide open for years, and our offense didnt look like this.

Yup, brock attacks all areas of the field, extends plays and rarely makes mistakes. All this behind a below average offensive line.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

We have Deebo Samuel. They have a dude who kinda looks like Deebo Samuel, lol.

I'm too lazy to look it up but do you know how KC o line has been this year? I know they lost a really good tackle to the bengals. I'm hoping if we play them, in the SB, we annihilate him.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I stand by what I said weeks ago. I'm not worried about Purdy at all.

In fact, it feels good to not even care about the qb thread because we finally have one.

All we are waiting on is how he plays from behind and in those key moments etc. Those opportunities will naturally happen, so it's wait and see.

More concerned about giving him a proper OL now. Wasn't as big of a deal before since the QBs were largely secondary players to the run game. Now they need better pass blocking, "good enough" isn't good enough anymore. I want to see them build a line like KC, Philly or Detroit.

NC, is that you??

Hahahh we've been arguing that for years
this is what I need to see from Brock as well and have been talking about

"One thing Young still wants to see from Purdy is an ability to come from behind, a crucial skill in higher-stakes games like the playoffs. That doesn't mean the Hall of Famer doesn't believe Purdy is capable of that. He simply wants to see it happen because of the nature of today's game."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/174600-steve-young-highlights-remaining-growth/
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

"One thing Young still wants to see from Purdy is an ability to come from behind, a crucial skill in higher-stakes games like the playoffs. That doesn't mean the Hall of Famer doesn't believe Purdy is capable of that. He simply wants to see it happen because of the nature of today's game."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/174600-steve-young-highlights-remaining-growth/

yeah I think it's the last and most crucial test we need to see. Brock is very good when the team is rolling and while they have a lead. Seeing him put the team on his back and winning from behind will make me believe in him. He may not get many opportunities since the team is so good but when it comes to it I hope he can pull it off. I believe in him
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
yeah I think it's the last and most crucial test we need to see. Brock is very good when the team is rolling and while they have a lead. Seeing him put the team on his back and winning from behind will make me believe in him. He may not get many opportunities since the team is so good but when it comes to it I hope he can pull it off. I believe in him

Just has to keep taking what the D gives. He does that and it'll come.

I think it's a matter of the whole team needs to show they can win in that situation. In obvious passing downs, can our O-Line actually hold up? Can guys get open? Can Kyle dial up the right plays? Can the D get off the field and give the O a chance?

football will always be a team sport. It took a team effort for the patriots to comeback on the falcons in the SB. It wasn't all Brady
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Nov 20, 2023 at 6:29 PM ]

i thought he "put the team on his back" when we were down 10 in las vegas last year and when we trailed seattle at the half in the playoffs. but whatever
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
FINALLY! Kyle even agrees with us. Lmao having a cannon that can hit from 90 yards away is not that big of a deal and extremely rarely used. It's a joke to think you need a cannon to be elite. It's sexy and nice but far from necessary.

""I think [Purdy's arm is] definitely stronger than what we thought it was when we drafted him, but we saw that the first day out of rookie minicamp," head coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday morning via a conference call. "I think when people talk about arm strength, can he sit there and take three hitches and make the wrong decision and just wait and throw 70 yards down the field? Probably not, but when do you ever want a guy to do that? On the Hail Mary, maybe?

"But you like guys who can make all the throws in the timing of the play, which is usually going by the right decisions, and when to throw it deep, when to throw it short, when to check it down, when to go over the middle. And Brock's always had the arm strength to make all those throws."

Also a QB that can throw 80 yards is equivalent to the longest drive champion. The longest drive champion can drive a golf ball what 500 plus yards. Let him play against tiger woods on an actual golf course. Lol

how many football plays are there where you're throwing 80 yard bombs?

let's use some logic here….40 yard dash is about 4-5 seconds to reach. A pocket collapses in 3 seconds. So how the hell a guy that can throw 80 yards is beneficial. These are just the metrics you can go by.

also no ball is in the air for more than 50 yards.

I'll need to find the statistic but it's something like 90%+ of all plays are less than 20 yards. Lol

Yea I still can't believe they are in love with these "80 yard" throwers.

If they are to measure arm strength have these guys throw flat footed. Many times a pocket will collapse and good QB's can sling it out. Purdy is a guy that can throw in a collapsed pocket. Reference Jax game when it is all arm strength because there is no room to hitch or step into a throw.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

That's so funny. " Brock is good when the team is rolling" Brock is the reason the team is rolling. Brock will always suck at coming back from behind because he's so good we're never behind. The one thing left he needs to do to prove he can do it all, is be worse than he is. I love it
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
That's so funny. " Brock is good when the team is rolling" Brock is the reason the team is rolling. Brock will always suck at coming back from behind because he's so good we're never behind. The one thing left he needs to do to prove he can do it all, is be worse than he is. I love it

Montana could come back from behind look how many SB's that guy won. I just wanna see if Brock can do the same. If he never has to then hey it doesn't matter if he can or can't.
And yes I agree Brock makes the team roll but if he's missing Trent or Deebo can he win without them or come from behind? We'll see
Share 49ersWebzone