LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 146 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'll be honest, I wouldn't of said that Brock would have as many touchdowns as mahommes this point in the season. Lol

they're tied now including PM touchdown in the game right now. Brock still has less int. I'm not saying he's better than PM but wild he is keeping pace with him statistics wise. Very impressive.

We have Deebo Samuel. They have a dude who kinda looks like Deebo Samuel, lol.

I'm too lazy to look it up but do you know how KC o line has been this year? I know they lost a really good tackle to the bengals. I'm hoping if we play them, in the SB, we annihilate him.

Chiefs o line is ranked 19th in pressures per dropback.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

eagles O line lookin like poo. muahhaha

seems like the whole league has mediocre o line play. lol serious shortage of quality O line guys right now.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
And yes I agree Brock makes the team roll but if he's missing Trent or Deebo can he win without them or come from behind? We'll see

why couldnt he? he shoulda won the browns game without deebo and trent but moody missed the fg

eagles O line lookin like poo. muahhaha

seems like the whole league has mediocre o line play. lol serious shortage of quality O line guys right now.

Hurts just does not have a quick enough processor. He isn't beating this D line like a Cousins or a Burrow with quick decisive passes.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
I wanted Carson Strong, but if he contributes in some way i cant be mad

That would've been better than Nick Mullens 2.0.

I love digging these up. '
Love you Kolohe.
Hurts just does not have a quick enough processor. He isn't beating this D line like a Cousins or a Burrow with quick decisive passes.

Agreed… at least generally.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Agreed… at least generally.

He mostly runs and does the Tush Push. His processing isn't that great.
Let's say Brock isn't the one to put the team in a position to have to comeback. Is being 10-0 in the first quarter count as a comeback? Or can it only happen in the 4th quarter? It is very subjective but I believe a comeback is anything 2 minutes or less unless they changed it.

With that said what if Brock never puts team in that situation? It would mean we are always winning.

Derek Carr leads all current QB's with most comebacks. He has like over 20+ in the span of his career. Raider fans are annoyed by it because they are always losing. Y

i don't care if Brock can comeback or not. So far he has shown he doesn't need to. Why make it hard when he makes it look so easy. Remember he only plays 3 quarters. lol

You have to lose to surmount a comeback. I like this version of Brock.
[ Edited by Eddie_D on Nov 20, 2023 at 7:10 PM ]
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

Jimmy/Lance?? lol. Lance never even got going.

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 20, 2023 at 7:11 PM ]
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
And yes I agree Brock makes the team roll but if he's missing Trent or Deebo can he win without them or come from behind? We'll see

We'll be did without Deebo last year against sea, was, lvr with broken ribs.

Brock Purdy's perfect 158.3 is the highest of any Niner qb with 20 attempts, surpassing the attempts of Montana and Young.

Brock Purdy's November rating is 157.3, the absolute highest 2 consecutive game record since the stat was followed in 1950. That, folks, is an all time league record.

Brock Arizona.
Originally posted by random49er:
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

How did Nick Mullens get left out?

well you cut out the rest of my post where i said "lance barely played but was clearly not ready".

Who actually took Nick Mullens serious as a potential FQB? I sure as hell didn't. He had some nice stats here and there but he never came off as a "Franchise Guy" to me. He wasn't leading the team or putting us in position to dominate a defense. He was doing what Lance did, just go out there and try to run the play, not make a play. he's a solid backup but that's it.

So glad none of those guys are starting on this team anymore. lol no more dark days and "hope" that our QB plays well.
Originally posted by random49er:

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?

Lance fan detected.

anyways you know what he meant by that. Lance was considered our starter. Mullens we know he isn't our starter.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Let's say Brock isn't the one to put the team in a position to have to comeback. Is being 10-0 in the first quarter count as a comeback? Or can it only happen in the 4th quarter? It is very subjective but I believe a comeback is anything 2 minutes or less unless they changed it.

With that said what if Brock never puts team in that situation? It would mean we are always winning.

Derek Carr leads all current QB's with most comebacks. He has like over 20+ in the span of his career. Raider fans are annoyed by it because they are always losing. Y

i don't care if Brock can comeback or not. So far he has shown he doesn't need to. Why make it hard when he makes it look so easy. Remember he only plays 3 quarters. lol

You have to lose to surmount a comeback. I like this version of Brock.

helps if Moody can make his pressure kicks
Originally posted by Shorteous:
We'll be did without Deebo last year against sea, was, lvr with broken ribs.

Yea Trent was the bigger loss seeing as our run game was crippled by it.
Share 49ersWebzone