LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 160 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Brock Purdy's perfect 158.3 is the highest of any Niner qb with 20 attempts, surpassing the attempts of Montana and Young.

Brock Purdy's November rating is 157.3, the absolute highest 2 consecutive game record since the stat was followed in 1950. That, folks, is an all time league record.

Brock Arizona.

Brock_STAR Montana Purdy.

Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
this is what I need to see from Brock as well and have been talking about

"One thing Young still wants to see from Purdy is an ability to come from behind, a crucial skill in higher-stakes games like the playoffs. That doesn't mean the Hall of Famer doesn't believe Purdy is capable of that. He simply wants to see it happen because of the nature of today's game."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/174600-steve-young-highlights-remaining-growth/

yeah I think it's the last and most crucial test we need to see. Brock is very good when the team is rolling and while they have a lead. Seeing him put the team on his back and winning from behind will make me believe in him. He may not get many opportunities since the team is so good but when it comes to it I hope he can pull it off. I believe in him

well, he kinda failed to a couple times during our 3 game losing streak
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

Jimmy/Lance?? lol. Lance never even got going.

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?

why did you cut this part out?

"Obviously Lance barely played but he was clearly not ready."
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by random49er:
The more I watch Brock, the more I realize how much we were held back by Jimmy/Lance.

Jimmy/Lance?? lol. Lance never even got going.

How did Nick Mullens get left out? He damn near has 5,000 yards passing here. He didn't hold us back, but Lance did?

why did you cut this part out?

"Obviously Lance barely played but he was clearly not ready."

he always does that to my posts. lol especially regarding Lance. He's just bummed that Lance didn't work out and is now a third string QB for our arch nemesis. I guess in a way, we are all upset about that. lmao sucks to lose all that capital but at least we got dirty Purdy out of all of it.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Nov 20, 2023 at 7:24 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
We'll be did without Deebo last year against sea, was, lvr with broken ribs.

Yea Trent was the bigger loss seeing as our run game was crippled by it.

seriously... and what is the plan for when Trent retires?
My only gripe is Brock not playing the 4th quarter and wearing full gear. He needs to take the pads and spikes off. Walk around in undershirt and slides. Relax a little.
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
My only gripe is Brock not playing the 4th quarter and wearing full gear. He needs to take the pads and spikes off. Walk around in undershirt and slides. Relax a little.

Then you have no quarterback back up. You can only play the emergency qb if two in front of him are disqualified by injury or rule.
Originally posted by Crown:

Rob another hapless franchise with a mid round pick for an established player (again)
He STEADY Purdy !!!! He STEADY Purdy !!!

find his replacement im assuming

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

idk why people think he is going to retire soon. I think he plays at least 2 more years. we will draft a tackle in the first this year (even if we have to move up). groom him for a year and have him play RT until Trent calls it. He has so much money riding on him still playing though, i'd be shocked if he retires.

some think he will retire if he gets a ring but I think the opposite. dude will want to see if he can get two.

idk why people think he is going to retire soon. I think he plays at least 2 more years. we will draft a tackle in the first this year (even if we have to move up). groom him for a year and have him play RT until Trent calls it. He has so much money riding on him still playing though, i'd be shocked if he retires.

some think he will retire if he gets a ring but I think the opposite. dude will want to see if he can get two.

i think he's publicly acknowledged its on his mind so that's probably why

The only reason why i can see him retire are injuries, he's had a ton of injuries the last few years. i think he loves the game too much though and is playing at too high of a level. he cares about his legend, he wants to take it as far he can.

I can totally see him working for the team though when he retires. not as a coach but in the front office.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

IMO it takes 2 years to break in a great LT so that would mean would need to draft one next season or steal a top FA.
Purdy has been so much better than Mahomes this year lol
Share 49ersWebzone